• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

They wanted dirt on Hillary, thought they'd get it from that meeting and knew it was coming from the Kremlin. This is all known and admitted .
Still no evidence of collusion, right WP? Only attempted collusion, which must be just peachy in the mind of a Russian troll.
And bear in mind, this is only a part of what is known to investigators.
It isn't attempted collusion, it'd be conspiracy to commit collusion with a foreign agent.

Donald Jr tweeted today:
Sociopath said:
Media & Dems are extremely invested in the Russia story. If this nonsense meeting is all they have after a yr, I understand the desperation!
The funny thing is that the Russian Lawyer says the meeting was only about the adoption laws. Which means Trump indicated he was conspiring to commit a crime, while the Russian says, it was an innocent meeting.

The media as usual is not playing with a full deck. As I said the evidence should be looked and evaluated first.

- - - Updated - - -

Noticing that the only russia apologist left is WP.

Because I say there is not yet enough evidence; reports are coming in.
The US should work more with Russia to end the Syria War.

I don't see any Russia apologists, stooges, or shills thanks to the ignore feature. :smile:

It's hardly a debate if everyone agrees with each other. It's a bit like opening a debating society in North Korea. :)

there is not yet enough evidence

YOU don't have "enough" evidence (enough for what, nobody knows) - but at least now you are admitting there's evidence.
Baby steps boy, baby steps.

There is always evidence such as emails, statements, reports but there is not enough to come to a conclusion. This is why the US law adjudicates in courts and not in a saloon with a lynch party waiting for the go-ahead.

As Captain Obvious just pointed out this is why a famous symbol for justice is a scale so the evidence can be weighed.

However here's something to cause some excitement

http://theweek.com/speedreads/711220/sen-tim-kaine-says-russia-story-tumbling-toward-treason

QUOTABLES
Sen. Tim Kaine says the Russia story is tumbling toward 'treason'

It has to move more than an opinion.

courts do not prosecute politicians in office for crimes of office. they get impeached and there is an impeachment hearing etc.

courts do not prosecute politicians in office for crimes of office. they get impeached and there is an impeachment hearing etc.

I'm aware of this but our thinking does centre around evidence based cases and there is a proper procedure for this as explained before. That is to say we don't suddenly vote because someone read something in the New York Times or something. Most of the Senators and Congressmen respect this.

- - - Updated - - -

... except when WP says "there is no evidence", which has been his refrain for months. Pretending not to change your tune is very trumpian of you.

You forget that we've always been at war with Eastasia

Per Orwell yes but it seems the US is at War with itself.

"Our" thinking? Who is "us" in that context - you? Doesn't matter.

it seems the US is at War with itself.

At least you haven't changed THAT tune... repetitive though it is.[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

We means the US constitution and how the Congress, Senate and Dawkins think though influenced by Partisan lines.

The tune is the same; it's actually the chorus.

Some great cartoons of Trump by the London Evening Standard's new Cartoonist Christian Adams. You'll have to tab through a few.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...toon-by-christian-adams-a3530851.html#gallery

We means the US constitution and how the Congress, Senate and Dawkins think though influenced by Partisan lines.

Word salad.

The tune is the same

Nope. Your tune was "there is no evidence". Now it's "not enough evidence".
A little honesty could greatly help your credibility...

For one, Orwell was much more trustworthy than you. For two, you sound like AM radio.

More importantly, where is your evidence for the latter? Your own subjectivity and the mouse in your pocket?

For one, Orwell was much more trustworthy than you. For two, you sound like AM radio.

More importantly, where is your evidence for the latter? Your own subjectivity and the mouse in your pocket?

See the rhetoric in the Media.

Word salad.

The tune is the same

Nope. Your tune was "there is no evidence". Now it's "not enough evidence".
A little honesty could greatly help your credibility...

No conclusive evidence as even implied in the wording of the declassified report. It doesn't mean there is no smoking gun but it does not so far mean there is one.

Post two credible sources that say the US is at War with itself, or even war for that matter.

Post two credible sources that say the US is at War with itself, or even war for that matter.

Do you really think whichphilosophy mean a literal war and isn't instead speaking figuratively? If I said "That son is at war with his father", would you think that the son literally is engaging in an armed conflict, involving armies, with his father?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any Russia apologists, stooges, or shills thanks to the ignore feature. :smile:

Ah yes. The broadest of minds.

You haven't noticed?
The centre is gone.

The Center Cannot Hold – Decentralize or Die

If what I wrote above rings true to you on any level, it has dire implications for the future of these United States. The first two groups, Trump supporters and Hillary supporters have absolutely nothing in common and that’s not going to change. In fact, it’s probably going to get much, much worse. Trump supporters think the Democrats and the media have been gunning for a way to remove him from office since the day he was elected, while Hillary supporters think he’s a treasonous puppet of Vladimir Putin. How can these two warring factions come to any sort of agreement on anything? The answer is, they can’t and they won’t. Meanwhile, Bernie supporters are likely to largely stay on the sidelines hoping these two sides destroy each other in their madness.

What this means going forward, is that national politics will become even less about actual principles and polices than it was before (and it wasn’t really to begin with). Rather, it will become more and more like two rival gangs that absolutely despise each other battling in all out war for total power of the U.S. government. This is a terrifying thought.

As bad as that sounds, tremendous opportunities to build better communities and voluntary governing structures will present themselves in the chaotic political environment that exists, and is likely stick around for the foreseeable future. In a country in which there may truly be irreconcilable differences, I think the best option is to move to decentralize decision-making and political life as much as possible, while retaining certain key connections to one another while we still can. We must do this peacefully and amicably. All the other likely roads look horrible to me.

Back
Top Bottom