• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

marcia-brady-russia-russia-russia.jpg

Thousands Of New Yorkers Took To The Streets In An Anti-Trump March Promoted By Russia-Linked Account

lolz :hysterical:

So you are saying that Russia interfered in our electoral process.. Welcome to 6 months ago.. glad you could make it that far.

marcia-brady-russia-russia-russia.jpg

Thousands Of New Yorkers Took To The Streets In An Anti-Trump March Promoted By Russia-Linked Account

lolz :hysterical:

Did you miss the part of the indictment that said "conspiracy against the United States"?

Do you really think Trump's campaign manager was acting independent of Trump on something that explosive?

How does that nothingburger taste, Trausti? Are you enjoying the flavor? Because I'm enjoying watching you eat it.

That Manafort/Gates conspiracy charge is about their financial crimes where they conspired together, it's not for conspiring with Russians.

As communications within the campaign about Russia are revealed in documentation, as the concrete sources of the funding to Manafort are revealed, and as we begin to understand the precise steps that led up to his presence in the meeting, we're going to get the Big Picture and I strongly suspect we will hear about either more charges to Manafort or a re-interpretation of what is already there.

That Manafort/Gates conspiracy charge is about their financial crimes where they conspired together, it's not for conspiring with Russians.

So they conspired with money against the United States? If they are guilty of conspiracy, they had to be conspiring with someone against the United States. If not the Russians, then who?

Pointing that out does nothing for those who suffered hypoxic-ischemic insults at birth.

Pointing that out does nothing for those who suffered hypoxic-ischemic insults at birth.

If they are guilty of "conspiring against the United States," which enemy of the United States were they conspiring with? This should be good.

:eating_popcorn:

So they conspired with money against the United States? If they are guilty of conspiracy, they had to be conspiring with someone against the United States. If not the Russians, then who?

Manafort had a long history of lobbying for foreign governments. The last Slavic nation he lobbied for was Ukraine. Ukraine is not too friendly with the Russians, if you recall.

insult with no added value to the discussion*

*as opposed to an insult that actually does add some value which I wouldn't subtract

If they are guilty of conspiring against the United States, which enemy of the United States were they conspiring with?

Are you moving the goal posts? Nothing to do with Trump or Russians. That's what all this childish hysteria is about, right?

- - - Updated - - -

*as opposed to an insult that actually does add some value which I wouldn't subtract

I take it you don't actually understand what that means.

Manafort had a long history of lobbying for foreign governments. The last Slavic nation he lobbied for was Ukraine. Ukraine is not too friendly with the Russians, if you recall.

No, he lobbied for the Russians in Ukraine (the pro-Russian faction of Ukraine politics) and calling that "lobbying" is an interesting choice of minimizing. What should you call it instead?

I take it you don't actually understand what that means.

insult with no added value to the discussion

That's for confirming that you don't know. :wave2:

No, he lobbied for the Russians in Ukraine (the pro-Russian faction of Ukraine politics) and calling that "lobbying" is an interesting choice of minimizing. What should you call it instead?

By lobbying I meant activities in the US.  Paul_Manafort Like John Podesta, he did not properly disclose his relationship with foreign governments when lobbying. Manafort is perhaps the first of many heads to roll for skirting disclosure rules on foreign lobbying.

By lobbying I meant activities in the US.  Paul_Manafort Like John Podesta, he did not properly disclose his relationship with foreign governments when lobbying. Manafort is perhaps the first of many heads to roll for skirting disclosure rules on foreign lobbying.

It is common for prosecutors to be tough when going after someone who is guilty of a lot of stuff like in this case where he is guilty of money laundering...at least in the charges phase...

Now, Traustl, don't avoid your error. He was working for the pro-Russian faction in the Ukraine, not anti-Russians, right?

They conspired with each other and others over various reporting violations and lying.

COUNT ONE
(Conspiracy Against The United States)

From in or about and between 2006 and 2017, both dates being approximate and inclusive,
in the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the defendants PAUL J. MANAFORT, JR., and
RICHARD W. GATES III, together with others, knowingly and intentionally conspired to defraud
the United States by impeding, impairing, obstructing, and defeating the lawful governmental
functions of a government agency, namely the Department of Justice and the Department of the
Treasury, and to commit offenses against the United States, to wit, the violations of law charged
in Counts Three through Six and Ten through Twelve.

COUNTS THREE THROUGH SIX
(Failure To File Reports Of Foreign Bank And Financial Accounts For Calendar Years 2011-2014)

COUNT TEN
(Unregistered Agent Of A Foreign Principal)

COUNT ELEVEN
(False and Misleading FARA Statements)

COUNT TWELVE
(False Statements)

It is common for prosecutors to be tough when going after someone who is guilty of a lot of stuff like in this case where he is guilty of money laundering...at least in the charges phase...

Now, Traustl, don't avoid your error. He was working for the pro-Russian faction in the Ukraine, not anti-Russians, right?

Yes, Manafort was working for the pro-Russia fraction in Ukraine. Still nothing to do with Trump. Zilch. Nada. ничего.

Yes, Manafort was working for the pro-Russia fraction in Ukraine. Still nothing to do with Trump. Zilch. Nada. ничего.

Thank you for at least admitting an error once I forced you to.

From the indictment, page#15:
In furtherance of the scheme from 2006 to 2014, both dates being approximate and inclusive, MANAFORT and GATES engaged in a multi-million dollar lobbying campaign in the United States at the direction of Yanukovych, the Party of Regions, and the Government of Ukraine. MANAFORT and GATES did so without registering and providing the disclosures required by law.

From Wiki here is Yanukovych:
Viktor Fedorovych Yanukovych (Ukrainian: Ві́ктор Фе́дорович Януко́вич, About this sound listen (help·info); born 9 July 1950) is a Ukrainian politician who was elected as the fourth President of Ukraine on February 7, 2010.[4] He served as President from February 2010 until his removal from power in February 2014 as a result of the 2014 Ukrainian revolution. He is currently in exile in Russia and wanted by Ukraine for high treason.[5]

An objective reader of the thread will note that your error is significant since Yanukovych was guilty of treason through influence from TA-DA: Putin. And this is the guy Manafort the money launderer was working for in the US. This is not guilt by association, it's an established, nefarious relationship with a nefarious person who ultimately reported to Putin in the same timeframe that the undisclosed lobbying on behalf of him occurred.

As I understand it, Manafort arranged violent protest against US NATO troops. They attacked our troops. That's the conspiracy against the United States charge.

As I understand it, Manafort arranged violent protest against US NATO troops. They attacked our troops. That's the conspiracy against the United States charge.

No, I posted the charge above. It's for false reporting and false statements.

Back
Top Bottom