• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein's Deterioration

Really?? There’s a Republican with the name “Barack Obama Mandela”??? He was born in 1971. What are the odds that is his true birth name?

Barack Obama Mandela - Ballotpedia

From his responses to Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection:

"I am a California attorney. I graduated from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. I served honorably in the United States Army. I earned the National Defense Service Medal from the Pentagon. I am pro-business, pro-freedom, pro-technology, and anti-crime."

"I will strengthen California's economy. I will reduce crime in California. I will solve the homelessness problem."

"I strongly support the high-tech sector in Silicon Valley. I will invest in California's economy and create thousands of jobs. I will build houses, condos, and apartments for homeless and unhoused people. I will reduce crime and support safe communities. I am pro-business and pro-growth and pro-family."

It's because there are 23 current D/I seats up vs only 11 R seats.

Why? Not arguing, just not seeing an “almost assured“ outcome on this map.
Did you get that map from the wiki page?

If you go there, you will see that Ds defend 20 (+3) seats to Rs 11.
Furthermore, Ds defend some seats in R-leaning states. Like Manchin (WV is R+22 on the Cook Index) and Tester (Montana is R+11).
They also defend Michigan (Cook PVI is R+1, but not sure if that still holds) and Stabenow is retiring, so there is no incumbent bonus.
The three-way race in Arizona (R+2) could make that state spicy. Wisconsin (R+2), Pennsylvania (R+2) and Nevada (R+1) are other close states Dems are defending, albeit with incumbent advantage.
Rs are not defending any seats in such states. Closest is Florida (R+3).

So Dems are vulnerable in several states, and Reps are possibly vulnerable in Florida, but that's it. Oh, and I hope Florida Dems refrain from nominating any meth heads this time.
And it's 51-49 right now, so it would only take a two seat swing to give control to Rs no matter who is veep in 2025.

So yes, I would say "almost assured" is pretty spot on. Which should make any SCOTUS vacancies in the next presidential term very interesting should Biden win reelection.

Last edited:

"I am a California attorney. I graduated from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. I served honorably in the United States Army. I earned the National Defense Service Medal from the Pentagon. I am pro-business, pro-freedom, pro-technology, and anti-crime."

"I will strengthen California's economy. I will reduce crime in California. I will solve the homelessness problem."

"I strongly support the high-tech sector in Silicon Valley. I will invest in California's economy and create thousands of jobs. I will build houses, condos, and apartments for homeless and unhoused people. I will reduce crime and support safe communities. I am pro-business and pro-growth and pro-family."
He also was in the IDF, according to his profile at The Times of Israel, where he is a blogger, apparently.

Why? Not arguing, just not seeing an “almost assured“ outcome on this map.
Did you get that map from the wiki page?

If you go there, you will see that Ds defend 20 (+3) seats to Rs 11.
Furthermore, Ds defend some seats in R-leaning states. Like Manchin (WV is R+22 on the Cook Index) and Tester (Montana is R+11).
They also defend Michigan (Cook PVI is R+1, but not sure if that still holds) and Stabenow is retiring, so there is no incumbent bonus.
The three-way race in Arizona (R+2) could make that state spicy. Wisconsin (R+2), Pennsylvania (R+2) and Nevada (R+1) are other close states Dems are defending, albeit with incumbent advantage.
Rs are not defending any seats in such states. Closest is Florida (R+3).
Montana, Nevada, West Virginia are the vulnerable ones. Montana seems safe-ish because Tester is very popular. Manchin is a canary in the coal mine that somehow managed to survive the asphyxiation that killed all the miners, but is about to drop. Nevada is going to be interesting, as that is a very tight state. There is a trumpy candidate that likely can't win the general election, and a "mainstream" or alt-right candidate that is normal enough that can probably the margin of victory to 100 votes. So, do the GOP primary voters screw it up again?

I can't see Michigan, Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania going GOP for the senate. Not at this point. Ohio is the other state to keep an eye on. The state has swung hardish to right since the GOP gerrymandered the fuck out of the state and US districting. Brown is an incumbent, but I'm not particularly comfortable that he'll easily win re-election. JD Vance won his primary by railing on the wall and immigration, in 2022. WTF?!

As noted, there appears to be no state close for the Dems to take. Florida has become an odd microcosm of anti-communism and the GOP has done a masterful job of painting Democrats as pro-Cuba Communism.
Which should make any SCOTUS vacancies in the next presidential term very interesting should Biden win reelection.
Interesting as in a Constitutional Crisis? We don't want that. Well, at least patriotic Americans wouldn't.

For individuals who perceive themselves to be on the victorious side, the current situation may not seem concerning. However, this perspective could change once the Supreme Court exhausts its opportunities to rule against liberal causes. At that juncture, the Court may begin focusing on conservative matters, seeking to enact what they believe to be improvements for their own constituents, often referred to as 'God's people'. It's at this point that these self-proclaimed winners might start to feel the impact.

He also was in the IDF, according to his profile at The Times of Israel, where he is a blogger, apparently.
Is this another George Santos situation or were Mandela’s parents so enamored with 10 year old Barack Hussein Obama’s that they decided to name their son after him?

If that was Hilary Clinton, there would already be thirteen books published about the incident and a D'Souza movie on it would be in final editing.

McConnell appears to have a medical incident.

Mitch has that look on his face that happens occasionally to a guest on a talk show who can’t carry on a conversation while someone is speaking into their earpiece.
I think there was another voice speaking only to Mitch that caused him to freeze and listen to. A voice that frightened him. Perhaps a voice telling him “It’s time Mitch. Judgement day is upon you”.

McConnell appears to have a medical incident.

Mitch has that look on his face that happens occasionally to a guest on a talk show who can’t carry on a conversation while someone is speaking into their earpiece.
I think there was another voice speaking only to Mitch that caused him to freeze and listen to. A voice that frightened him. Perhaps a voice telling him “It’s time Mitch. Judgement day is upon you”.

That was so bizarre to watch.

Before being ushered off, he does state something short indicating he is aware, at least on some level. No idea what happened. A minor seizure, he was being fed the speech and the connection was lost (memories of George W. Bush and his pause during the presidential debate that led to some interesting hypotheses), brain hiccup?

Before being ushered off, he does state something short indicating he is aware, at least on some level. No idea what happened. A minor seizure, he was being fed the speech and the connection was lost (memories of George W. Bush and his pause during the presidential debate that led to some interesting hypotheses), brain hiccup?
Someone mentioned he had the exact look on his face that his mother had when she was experiencing TIAs (mini strokes).

Someone mentioned he had the exact look on his face that his mother had when she was experiencing TIAs (mini strokes).
And the same look after my mother got a concussion. Neurology is a little overcomplicated to diagnose via a quick video.

And the same look after my mother got a concussion. Neurology is a little overcomplicated to diagnose via a quick video.
Yup. A lot of talk about a full stroke going on with Mitch but I'm not seeing that.

Back
Top Bottom