• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

What I want to know is who actually gets to tell the FBI what they are or are not to investigate. The Senate was claiming the President had to tell the FBI to reopen the investigation. Then he does and the Senate claims they get to specify what they get to look at. And now Trump is saying they can look at anything they want. But that might just be a smoke screen given that it might be the Senate they have to listen to.

Well, atrump is nominally the head of the enforcement branch, so he could micromanage the investigation.

But Congress is already deciding which documents on Kavanaug are goibg to be allowed to impact the nomination process, so they would love to be able to set certain findings out of bounds.
But i think the big question now is, if he is confirmed, will the impeachment concentrate on his perjury, or include the assault?

TMW2018-10-03color.png

Text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser's claim before it became public

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advance of the New Yorker article that made her allegation public. In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.

The texts also demonstrate that Kavanaugh and Ramirez were more socially connected than previously understood and that Ramirez was uncomfortable around Kavanaugh when they saw each other at a wedding 10 years after they graduated. Berchem's efforts also show that some potential witnesses have been unable to get important information to the FBI.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...vanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566

So, witness tampering as well, and a bar fight.

Any recordings of him shouting slurs at women who refuse his advances on the street yet? Seems like he's that guy.

I'm leaning towards starwater's explanation - and he's a very belligerent drunk at that. And while I doubt he was drunk at that second hearing...sobering up to answer embarrassing questions can set a person off as well. That's just part of who he is, I guess. And seriously, I can't believe his "I'm a great wonderful guy now" thing. It could be true in almost every circumstance, but...nah, not worth the risk.

So many witnesses trying to tell their stories but no one at the FBI seems to want to listen.

That's the same thing Ford said in her testimony.

So Kavanaugh is unaware of what perjury is? Ramirez has absolutely nothing on him, just a claim that has almost no weight... and he fucking perjured himself over it.

He doesn’t belong within 100 miles of the Supreme Court!

THRS just had an FBI expert on that says his words mean nothing. He has to put that authorization in writing to the FBI to expand their investigation.

What I want to know is who actually gets to tell the FBI what they are or are not to investigate. The Senate was claiming the President had to tell the FBI to reopen the investigation. Then he does and the Senate claims they get to specify what they get to look at. And now Trump is saying they can look at anything they want. But that might just be a smoke screen given that it might be the Senate they have to listen to.

Well, atrump is nominally the head of the enforcement branch, so he could micromanage the investigation.

But Congress is already deciding which documents on Kavanaug are goibg to be allowed to impact the nomination process, so they would love to be able to set certain findings out of bounds.
But i think the big question now is, if he is confirmed, will the impeachment concentrate on his perjury, or include the assault?
Yeah, they already are working on recalibrating the Perjury Meter.

Text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser's claim before it became public

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advance of the New Yorker article that made her allegation public. In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.

The texts also demonstrate that Kavanaugh and Ramirez were more socially connected than previously understood and that Ramirez was uncomfortable around Kavanaugh when they saw each other at a wedding 10 years after they graduated. Berchem's efforts also show that some potential witnesses have been unable to get important information to the FBI.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...vanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566

From the Senate staff interview on 9/25:

All right. My last question on this subject is since you graduated from college, but before the New Yorker article publication on September 23rd, have you ever discussed or heard discussion about the incident matching the description given by Ms. Ramirez to the New Yorker?

Judge Kavanaugh. No.

From the hearing:

HATCH: When did you first hear of Ms. Ramirez’s allegations against you?

KAVANAUGH: In the last — in the period since then, the New Yorker story

The assault in itself isn't the key issue. It's the willful lieing about it and the many other things that calls his integrity into question. And his unwillingness to own up to it shows that he doesn't think it was wrong. What I mean is someone could be guilty of the assault when they were a teenager and yet demonstrate they've amended their life and are perhaps even more qualified to be on the bench because of it. But that someone is obviously not Kavanaugh.

Last edited:

From the Senate staff interview on 9/25:

All right. My last question on this subject is since you graduated from college, but before the New Yorker article publication on September 23rd, have you ever discussed or heard discussion about the incident matching the description given by Ms. Ramirez to the New Yorker?

Judge Kavanaugh. No.

From the hearing:

HATCH: When did you first hear of Ms. Ramirez’s allegations against you?

KAVANAUGH: In the last — in the period since then, the New Yorker story

Busted. Another in the vast and growing number of times lyin' Brett Kavanaugh committed perjury.

Oh, look at that. It seems Trausti, Derec, and Dismal are all conspicuously absent now that the hearing is over and he has perjored himself so heavily, especially after repeatedly dodging on whether perjury is acceptable of a SCOTUS nominee. Then, their idol Lindsey "Blobfish" Graham said that a single perjury is disqualifying for a judicial nominee, so they must surely be ready to come out against the Kavanaugh confirmation, right?

Meanwhile the FBI is trying to find witnesses that'll testify that Dr. Ford loves to fly... and Project Veritass is busy working on editing mocked footage to prove it.

It's being reported on CNN that BK will not teach at Harvard in January - he withdrew his commitment.

It's being reported on CNN that BK will not teach at Harvard in January - he withdrew his commitment.

Ya ... he withdrew. Sure.

Also, it wasn't because of anything to do with the accusations, I suppose, but due to his suddenly discovering that his schedule would be unexpectedly busy with other things which aren't related to them.

He did this recently? I wonder if he's feeling confident about confirmation or just decided he's not up to it now that he's experiencing being held accountable.

Edit: Maybe it's because of the letter against him from Harvard alumni.
By late Monday, more than 800 Harvard Law School alumni had signed a letter calling for the school to rescind Kavanaugh's lecturer appointment.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/politics/harvard-kavanaugh-not-teaching/index.html

He did this recently? I wonder if he's feeling confident about confirmation or just decided he's not up to it now that he's experiencing being held accountable.

Edit: Maybe it's because of the letter against him from Harvard alumni.
By late Monday, more than 800 Harvard Law School alumni had signed a letter calling for the school to rescind Kavanaugh's lecturer appointment.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/politics/harvard-kavanaugh-not-teaching/index.html

I'm guessing it was possibility #3 ;)

Back
Top Bottom