• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
To appeal, Trump has to post the full amount plus interest in an appeal bond.
How liquid are his assets? He has a lot of properties, but are they clear?
He has enough money to cover this one easy peasy. But if he loses on the Fraud case he'll have to cough up another 300 million, which according to his latest numbers he does not have in available cash. So he'd have to liquidate assets or get his idiots to give him the money. Let's hope they all take out a few second and third mortgages to save their savior.

I know his base thinks all the court cases are rigged and that Dems contrived them. They may even think that the juries are somehow rigged. But in the Carroll case, isn't it manifest to even a Trumpie that their man is the most impulsive and deep-down stupid 77-year-old there could possibly be? Knowing he was facing a judgment that could cost him millions, he continued to defame her, even as the trial went on. He was just begging that jury to find him so repulsive that they wanted to teach him a powerful lesson. Don't his followers say to themselves, "I sure wouldn't jeopardize my fortune that way"? This behavior alone should tell them that he's far too stupid and out of control to be President. Or sewer pipe inspector.

I know his base thinks all the court cases are rigged and that Dems contrived them. They may even think that the juries are somehow rigged. But in the Carroll case, isn't it manifest to even a Trumpie that their man is the most impulsive and deep-down stupid 77-year-old there could possibly be? Knowing he was facing a judgment that could cost him millions, he continued to defame her, even as the trial went on. He was just begging that jury to find him so repulsive that they wanted to teach him a powerful lesson. Don't his followers say to themselves, "I sure wouldn't jeopardize my fortune that way"? This behavior alone should tell them that he's far too stupid and out of control to be President. Or sewer pipe inspector.
Firstly, stupid doesn't recognize stupid. Secondly, he's doing what makes him money and keeps him out of jail.

And one more time, with feeling...

Trump's people are giving him regular cognitive tests. That tells me they have serious doubts about his cognitive abilities.

Now...a few hours ago I got off the phone with my mom, and we had a difficult conversation about my Auntie. They've been best friends since the 1940s, and my Auntie is...not well. She had to be taken to the hospital because she simply forgot to drink water and eat. It's heartbreaking, because my mom (who is 85 and has trouble getting around herself) feels guilty that she can't go and take care of my Auntie. I had to tell her "it's not your job, mom. She needs home care."

Trump seems like he's not far off from that, and if his staff are subjecting him to cognitive tests, then they know. Yet they keep putting him out there.

Is this true???? I almost believe in Jesus, then. I want Trump to regret to his dying breath (KFC bucket falling out of his dainty hands) that he ever got into politics.
Does Eric still get an allowance?

BTW...the lower sign is misspelled. Who made that sign, I wonder?
Trump guns? I'd be afraid to be around one, it might go shooting off randomly.

Is this true????
The verdict? Yes. $83 million on top of the $5 million already awarded.
Now let’s see if he’ll ever pay. Maybe he’ll just get his supporters to donate the payment for him.
Seeing as this is in NY and Trump has assets in that state, can the courts do some civil forfeiture if he refuses to pay? I'm not a lawyer but it's going to be very interesting what mechanism is used to see this being enforced.
I don't think that's the right term. I believe you send the sheriff (or in some places a dedicated bailiff) to seize money, or things that are then sold for money. Unfortunately, it can be hard to pin things down in some cases, consider Alex Jones. Games played with assets in other people's name etc.

Rachel Maddow interviews E. Jean Carroll and two of her lawyers.

Trump's defense to the rape accusation was incredible. He did NOT say he's not the kind of guy to commit rape. Instead he said, in effect, that if he were going to rape he'd rape someone hotter than Ms. Carroll -- she's not his type. The amazing punchline of course is that when he was shown a photo of Ms. Carroll he thought it was Marla, his 2nd wife! So Marla wasn't his type either? Not hot enough to rape?

Condemn my fascination with female pulchritude if you wish, but watching the YouTube, I found Jean Carroll extremely sexy!! (Perhaps partly due to her delirious happiness after scoring the $83 million victory.) She's 80 years old (!!) but I'd find the woman in this video extremely attractive (and sexy) if she were in her 30's.

To appeal, Trump has to post the full amount plus interest in an appeal bond.
Interesting … I hear he SAYS he will appeal, but can he come up with the cash? Assuming he can, SHOULD he?
It might be more propitious for him to thumb his nose at the whole thing, let them come after him and try to collect, while he tries to counter sue over every penny.

Back
Top Bottom