• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Donald J. Trump

@realDonald Trump

It is my great honor to be at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach tonight, AWARDS NIGHT, to receive THE CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY & THE SENIOR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY. I WON BOTH! A large and golfing talented membership, a GREAT and difficult course, made the play very exciting. The qualifying and match play was amazing. A large and distinguished group will be there tonight. Very exciting, thank you!!!

3.34k ReTruths

17.2k Likes

Mar 24, 2024, 5:28 PM
The sad thing is that this should be a spoof, a joke, not real, an exaggeration. But it is just the tip of the iceberg.
Satire is dead and buried. There was a time when a slightly pompous President might have been lampooned by a comedian with such a comment purporting to have come from POTUS himself; Such humour would be protected from accusations of slander by it's very obvious exageration, and the ridiculousness of the idea that any person who would make such a comment in public could even dream of achieving the Presidency.

We used to laugh at the clumsy North Korean propaganda in which the Dear Leader was alleged to have hit eighteen holes-in-one. Now who's laughing?

When the DJT issue comes out, is anyone else planning to spring for some puts?
As Keynes pointed out, the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
That’s the beauty of puts. It’s like futures. You have limited risk, and you go in knowing you lose it all if you’re wrong. If you’re right, you win - usually (depending on the premium). How much you win depends how right you are.

""Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again," Trump posted on Truth Social. "As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible."

Apparently, Trump is now selling his own Bible. Only 59.95.

Sadly, he'll probably make a bunch of money. Because that's how Christians do things.
🤑
Tom

""Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again," Trump posted on Truth Social. "As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible."

Apparently, Trump is now selling his own Bible. Only 59.95.

Sadly, he'll probably make a bunch of money. Because that's how Christians do things.
🤑
Tom
No words. Should have sent a poet. Sounds like he is being paid to shill this piece of shit. KJV?! Fuck off!

The Trump Bible. What are they coating these Bibles with, that they don't burst into flame when he holds them up? Liz Cheney released a statement that Trump needs to read the adultery verses.
The Trump Bible includes the lyrics to 'God Bless the U.S.A.' by Lee Greenwood. I think it also needs a Confederate flag and a coupon for buy one, get one on pork cracklin's. God, I hope I'm not related to anyone who buys this thing. Sixty bucks and postage, folks. Buy a Bible and show you support the AntiChrist.

It is bad enough a troll like Scaramucci is a contributor to NBC (or MSNBC). I could believe they'd hire Daniel, a person who was guilty of some rather underhanded political BS. Her attitude was 'it's just business'.

Well, that went fast!
I wonder if whoever hired her gets fired because they clearly have no idea what they’re doing, no awareness of the environment in which they working.
I often wonder if things of this nature are done as a form of cheap advertisement.
Always look for the worst in people and you'll never be disappointed.

Trump as a greasy bible salesman?

It fits too perfectly. If a political fiction writer would've come up with this shit in 2014 no one would take it seriously. Yet here we are.

It fits too perfectly. If a political fiction writer would've come up with this shit in 2014 no one would take it seriously. Yet here we are.
I was thinking of the editor talking to Douglas Adams about Zaphod and suggesting the Bible salesman part was just too nonsensical for the book and needed to be dropped.

At least some Christians are out raged at the Trump bible, "Make America Pray Again". Let's just hope that some of them were Trump supporters who have finally seen the light.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-selling-bibles-christians-fury-1883972

Trump selling copies of the Bible "during Holy Week like it's just one more overpriced Trump shoe or steak has really touched a nerve among voters—we've heard from many upset Faithful America members since his video appeared," the Rev. Nathan Empsall, executive director of Faithful America, told Newsweek via email.

"Seeing the indicted, would-be dictator, sell so-called 'patriotic' Bibles does provide a parallel to Holy Week, but it's not with Jesus," Empsall added.

"Trump is doing his best impression of the corrupt moneychangers who profited by ripping off worshippers. Today, much like Jesus overturning the moneychangers' tables, Christians are sick of seeing MAGA's false prophets twist our loving faith for an agenda of hatred and selfishness. The Bible is bigger than any politician, and if Trump really wants to talk about Scripture, I suggest he try actually reading it first. He might actually learn a few things about love, humility, money, and peace."

Others took to social media to express their anger.

"Trump Bibles. This guy and his followers who excuse this crap p*** me off. He has completely trashed our political party & now he's trying to ruin our faith community for his own ends," Heath Mayo, a conservative lawyer, wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

I know some won't change their minds, but maybe, just maybe, some of his Christian/Trump cultists will wake the fuck up and realize they've been victims of the anti Christ. At least if I were a Christian, I'd think of Trump as the anti Christ.

I was thinking of the editor talking to Douglas Adams about Zaphod and suggesting the Bible salesman part was just too nonsensical for the book and needed to be dropped.
I thought about Greg Stillson from The Dead Zone. In the beginning of the book he's a traveling salesman for a Bible printing business who eventually bullshits his way to would-be POTUS. If I read that in a book by an author pre-Trump I would've thought it a naked ripoff of Stephen King's work.

As for the evangelicals, what more can be added to the much discussed phenomenon that they always have been and will continue to be easily conned?

Hopefully this is the right thread for this... So, one thing I'm unclear on after the political rant funny images levered this thought from merely "there" to "actually making me wonder":

Is the Trump Bible actually a different translation, a complete butchery, or is it just a Bible in a standard translation that happens to be sold by Trump, or like, a pre-existing "standard" translation that butchers the message even worse than the original author, but without special intent at butchery?

Hush money prosecutors say gag order covers judge’s daughter after Trump attacks | The Hill
Manhattan prosecutors and former President Trump are sparring over the scope of the gag order imposed on the former president in his hush money criminal case less than three weeks out from the start of trial.

The former president has continued to direct his rage at Judge Juan Merchan’s daughter in social media posts after Merchan this week refused to delay Trump’s trial and approved prosecutors’ request to gag him.
Trump aims his ire at spouses, children of judges at heart of legal troubles | The Hill
In the throes of former President Trump’s civil fraud trial last fall, he made a plea to the judge overseeing the case: “Leave my children alone.”

But the former president himself has not held back from aiming his ire at the families of his perceived foes across numerous legal battles, targeting the spouses and children of judges overseeing his cases.
Federal judge blasts Trump’s attacks on judges, warns against tyranny | The Hill
“It’s very disconcerting to have someone making comments about a judge. And it’s particularly problematic when those comments are in the form of a threat, especially if they’re direct at one’s family,” Walton said Friday.

Walton said he has faced an increased number of threats since he began taking court cases related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. His daughter has also been a target of threats, he said.

“We do these jobs because we’re committed to the rule of law and we believe in the rule of law and the rule of law can only function effectively when we have judges who are prepared to carry out their duties without the threat of potential physical harm,” he said.
Luttig on Trump’s ‘vicious’ attacks against judges: No one with power has ‘addressed it’ | The Hill
Former federal judge J. Michael Luttig blasted former President Trump for his attacks on judges in his legal cases, arguing that nothing would change because those in power haven’t really “addressed it.”

“We all have to understand that from the first time the former president began his attacks, vicious attacks on the federal courts and the state courts and their individual judges, his objective was to delegitimize those courts,” Luttig said Friday on MSNBC’s “Deadline White House.”

“So that when and if they ruled against him in the various matters that he’s been charged with, then, at least his followers, if not a good part of the nation, would dismiss those rulings against him as having been politically inspired and motivated,” he continued.

Luttig added, “Now, he’s the only one at the moment who’s claiming that those institutions are no longer legitimate. But … many of his followers believe it today.”
Why do they put up with it? What are they afraid of?

Back
Top Bottom