• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
So he could appeal to the full appellate court, I think, but they don't have to take it... again I think. Then it is up to SCOTUS. I can't imagine SCOTUS would want to touch this. Helps it was 3-0 and not 2-1. Ultimately comes down to this:
article said:
"We cannot accept former President Trump's claim that a president has unbounded authority to commit crimes that would neutralise the most fundamental check on executive power - the recognition and implementation of election results," the three-judge appeals court panel wrote in its opinion.
The President had every possible opportunity to go to court to claim fraud, he didn't. That was his avenue. Not a riot.

The President had every possible opportunity to go to court to claim fraud, he didn't.
Only 63 times.
He ended the fraud claim season with a dismal 1-62 record.
Check the specs, he never claims fraud in court. He had surrogates who had no standing making all sorts of claims in courts, but not him.

At most they were in court over observing distances or trying to prevent votes from being counted.

The President had every possible opportunity to go to court to claim fraud, he didn't.
Only 63 times.
Check the specs, he never claims fraud in court. He had surrogates who had no standing making all sorts of claims in courts, but not him.

At most they were in court over observing distances or trying to prevent votes from being counted.
Tru dat. Lying in court can get you (most people) in trouble. Anyhow he really won the day: most Republitards and a lot of Dems think there was fraud.

Little more detail here. Three judges, 2 appointed by Biden, one by H.W.Bush

Why did it take them so long to come to such a stunningly obvious conclusion? Did the two Democratic appointees have to conduct an intervention with the Republican appointee? Anyway, I don't think that the 6-member Republican majority on the Supreme Court is going to overturn this decision on appeal. They shouldn't even bother hearing it, but, if they choose to, they will just help other Republicans maintain the fiction that Donald Trump is raising serious issues rather than just diddling with the legal system to delay prosecution.

Why did it take them so long to come to such a stunningly obvious conclusion? Did the two Democratic appointees have to conduct an intervention with the Republican appointee? Anyway, I don't think that the 6-member Republican majority on the Supreme Court is going to overturn this decision on appeal. They shouldn't even bother hearing it, but, if they choose to, they will just help other Republicans maintain the fiction that Donald Trump is raising serious issues rather than just diddling with the legal system to delay prosecution.
I'm certain Thomas wants to take it and overturn it. Maybe a couple others but if they did I think it would fail. Orange man child baby gets to spend more money on legal fees. I think the last report had him at 76 million.

Three unanimous female judges. I hope that's a sign. And I'm looking forward to Orange baby man child's next tantrum.

Keeping up appearances. Coming back with a ruling of "You must be out of your goddamn mind." that same afternoon is a bad look.

Why did it take them so long to come to such a stunningly obvious conclusion? Did the two Democratic appointees have to conduct an intervention with the Republican appointee?
I doubt it took them long to come to the conclusion. What may have taken time was crafting the language to make it proof to overruling.

Only 63 times.
Is there a good legal summary somewhere of those cases? What was actually claimed and what the judgments were?

Good old Wikipedia

Only 63 times.
Is there a good legal summary somewhere of those cases? What was actually claimed and what the judgments were?

Good old Wikipedia
*bumps Cheerful Charlie out of the way*

This link is better.

In general, it was minor technical crap and then trying to say the election wasn't fair because they counted ballots. As far as I'm aware, Trump's lawyers never claimed actual fraud in court. After all, that is why Giuliani had that fake Texas Legislature hearing instead of a real one, so he could make up crap.

Orange baby man child is on the grift again, telling his fellow clowns they all need to "chip in" to save him and themselves. I've said it until I'm tired of hearing it from myself but his motivation is money, money, money and more money. All else is only a means to more money.

Orange baby man child is on the grift again, telling his fellow clowns they all need to "chip in" to save him and themselves. I've said it until I'm tired of hearing it from myself but his motivation is money, money, money and more money. All else is only a means to more money.

I think the orange moron would be perfectly happy in jail, if they gave him a real time accounting interface so he could watch his balance sheet keep growing exponentially.
He is basically one of the least happy people on the planet, and it would probably benefit his mood to be surrounded by people who were as stupid as, and less fortunate than, he is.
Like say, a prison population.

I think the orange moron would be perfectly happy in jail, if they gave him a real time accounting interface so he could watch his balance sheet keep growing exponentially.
He is basically one of the least happy people on the planet, and it would probably benefit his mood to be surrounded by people who were as stupid as, and less fortunate than, he is.
Like say, a prison population.
Federal Penitentiary, Lewisburg, PA
Summer 2026
Exercise Yard

Inmate 2017-21: All you crims, come over here. Don't worry, I paid off the screws, they're having an extra coffee. They're some very fine people. Now, hear me out. You know me. You know why I'm here. They were coming for you, but I got in the way.
Voice from crowd: Bitch, you a traitor!
Inmate 2017-21: Who said that? I'd like to punch him in the face, I tell you. He needs a buck fifty right in his ugly face. (Roars of approval.) That's right! They got to me, but they want you next!
Voice from crowd: We didn't rape no woman in no department store. Bitch!!
Inmate 2017-21: All right, get out! Get out! Get him outta here!! (Wild scuffle, sounds of a beating, body carried out of crowd.) Now, that's beautiful. That's very fine. Now, let's talk about winning. You hood rats, you want better chow? I can get you Chicken McNuggets. I can get you Domino's Pizza, all you can eat. I know the owner. Joe Domino!! Very fine man. You can have that. I just need your help. Listen to my cellie here, a very fine fella from South Carolina. Come up here, Tim.
Inmate 696969-69: I don't know how he's gonna do it, but trust him like I trust him. I love him. When I say I love him, I mean I love love love love him! I love you, T. I mean that. I love you. (Confused murmurs.)
Inmate 2017-21: Okay, get him outta here. You're okay, Tim, but many people are gonna think you're taking it up the ass. My cellie, Tim, folks! And the only thing up his ass is my cell phone and a wad of cash, because this man knows how to keister. Now...what's that? (Muffled question from crowd.) He wants to know about the fish he saw in my cell this morning, and can he meet him. No, that's my son-in-law, and he's no fish, he's doing very important negotiations for me. Not a fish. Cute little butt, they say, but not a fish. Okay, your chow. How are we going to get that done? I want you to get your shanks ready. We need billions and billions of 'em. And I want to you to go to the chow hall -- now -- and stand up for your rights. I need you to go there, now. I'll be with you. (Crowd moves off, stage left, with increasingly louder sounds of shouting, doors being kicked open, and wild screams. Inmates 2017-21 and 696969-69 remain behind.) Didn't I tell you? They'll do anything for me. They'll die for me. Okay, I need to call Habba. Squat down and get me my phone, bitch.

I predict Trump will be tried, convicted and will demand house arrest rather than prison.
As long as the house isn’t the White House I would probably be ok with that.

Though he may have to sell his house in order to pay off all of his judgments. So perhaps a small apartment somewhere or an elder-care facility.

Back
Top Bottom