• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

...God places a moral compass in our hearts - that we are created in His likeness - and even the atheist intuits the existence of a quasi-transcendent moral law.

Wait what? So what's all this nonsense about the Bible? Why not just place the Biblical text in our hearts all along? Why not do away with the need of the church? Why not do away with the need to evangelize?

If God places stuff in our hearts wouldn't that imply that, since God hasn't pre-programmed the correction version of his faith (which is Islam in this thread) then that means God wants us to be atheists?

I think you've painted yourself into a corner.

Why are you trying to take my quote out of context and use it against me?

lsimqty8rt4nq5holnjn.jpg

Are you suggesting that the reason I paid for the dollar's worth of food at the gas station was because there might have been an unmarked police car parked outside?

No. Don't you read my posts? I already said;

...God places a moral compass in our hearts - that we are created in His likeness - and even the atheist intuits the existence of a quasi-transcendent moral law.

Go on!
Ask me another strawman question and I'll set it on fire with a direct answer - or linked quote.

...and yes Bilby, I am aware this is a "discussion forum" where people can see exactly who says what and when. You think I'm too stupid to know that?
My opinion in the matter can only be informed by your posts. And they say "yes".
Or are you reminding others that they can clearly see who says what?
Whose intelligence are you really insulting with such banal statements of the bleeding obvious!

Not yours. It is clearly such that statements of the obvious are a necessity, rather than an insult.

If it takes a belief in the existence of a God in order to bring peace and harmony, brotherly love and compassion for all, the middle east should be a paradise on Earth....

Maybe Allah is the wrong God. Maybe Allah is really Satan. That would explain a lot.

Maybe ALL the ten thousand-plus gods that humans have invented over the ages are really Satan.

Wait what? So what's all this nonsense about the Bible? Why not just place the Biblical text in our hearts all along? Why not do away with the need of the church? Why not do away with the need to evangelize?

If God places stuff in our hearts wouldn't that imply that, since God hasn't pre-programmed the correction version of his faith (which is Islam in this thread) then that means God wants us to be atheists?

[h=1]Jeremiah 31:33[/h] 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God can do such things, according to Jeremiah. It's not a problem. God in fact is said to have done that.

Qadar. Islam has agreed that we have no free will and all is due to Allah's decision as to whether we will all be good or evil, saved or damned.

"Nor would thy Lord be the One to destroy communities for a single wrong-doing, if its members were likely to mend. If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind one people: but they will not cease to dispute. Except those on whom thy Lord hath bestowed His Mercy: and for this did He create them: and the Word of thy Lord shall be fulfilled: "I will fill Hell with jinns and men all together."
— Qur'an, Sura 11 (Hud), ayat 119[10]

Why are you trying to take my quote out of context and use it against me?

View attachment 8959

228-55f8fe75.jpg

If it takes a belief in the existence of a God in order to bring peace and harmony, brotherly love and compassion for all, the middle east should be a paradise on Earth....

you are the one who is bombing and killing middle eastern people for 15 years
And exactly what was it that the peace-loving children of Allah did to start this 15 year bombing, Syed?

you are the one who is bombing and killing middle eastern people for 15 years
And exactly what was it that the peace-loving children of Allah did to start this 15 year bombing, Syed?

... and how many middle-eastern airliners have Americans hijacked and crashed into middle eastern landmark buildings?
Syed reminds me of Japanese people wrongly incarcerated by the US during WWII, now seeking reparations from the US. Why the fuck don't they collect reparations from Japan? WE didn't pull a fucking sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, fucking Hirohito did.

Qadar. Islam has agreed that we have no free will and all is due to Allah's decision as to whether we will all be good or evil, saved or damned.

"Nor would thy Lord be the One to destroy communities for a single wrong-doing, if its members were likely to mend. If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind one people: but they will not cease to dispute. Except those on whom thy Lord hath bestowed His Mercy: and for this did He create them: and the Word of thy Lord shall be fulfilled: "I will fill Hell with jinns and men all together."

If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe! Chapter 10 Yunus: Verse 99

... and how many middle-eastern airliners have Americans hijacked and crashed into middle eastern landmark buildings?
Syed reminds me of Japanese people wrongly incarcerated by the US during WWII, now seeking reparations from the US. Why the fuck don't they collect reparations from Japan? WE didn't pull a fucking sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, fucking Hirohito did.

The US didn't have control over the actions that the Japanese took in the same way that they had direct control over the decisions that they took. They are responsible for their response.

If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe! Chapter 10 Yunus: Verse 99

So Allah compels some not to believe. OK, that's us. Go away now.

So Allah compels some not to believe. OK, that's us. Go away now.

lol

your mind is very twisted

god dont force people to believe nor disbelieve, you are atheist by your choice

...Then you missed my point. Or perhaps you don't know what the word "deterrent" means. Unmarked cars are not a deterrent.

I am arguing that the knowledge of unmarked cars deters crime because we know they can see us but we can't see them.

Why oh why do I have to go through the saga of explaining to people that deterrence doesn't mean guaranteed 100% prevention of absolutely all crime.

Jails are a deterrent but they still have inmates. And anyone who thinks the death penalty isnt a deterrent presumably thinks that there's no difference between a life sentence or a 20 year sentence or a 5 year sentence or a 1 year sentence.

Unmarked cars DO catch speeding drivers - I've seen it. I know they exist. I avoid them by sticking to the speed limit.

Mosquito repellent doesn't guarantee I won't get bitten but they DO work and we can scientifically test the deterrent effect.

hqdefault.jpg

We believe that the diversity of life we see on this planet is caused by biological evolution...

You mean 'we atheists believe'. You're speaking on behalf of atheists about what atheists believe.
Syed wins!

...Stop acting like a 6 year old child.

More generalizations??? Not all 6 year olds act the same way.

Your whole body is made of them.
what my body is replicating?

Syed, your skin sheds dead skin cells. Over the course of your life your body sheds or eliminates dead cells which are replaced by new ones. When you die you won't have any of the same cells you were born with.

Don't you think that's interesting? Your soul remains the only constant thing.

Lion IRC said:
Why oh why do I have to go through the saga of explaining to people that deterrence doesn't mean guaranteed 100% prevention of absolutely all crime.
You don't have to. :)
If you're interested in making some argument in support of the claim that atheism has the dire consequences Syed claims it has, or else some metaethical Craig-like argument like the one you hinted at, why don't you do just that?
If it's the latter, maybe a new thread would be a better fit, so as to avoid the whole debate about quotations, though even then, I would suggest you take Bomb#20 replies into account.

Back
Top Bottom