• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

faith
fāTH/
noun
noun: faith

complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"
synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; More
optimism, hopefulness, hope
"he justified his boss's faith in him"
antonyms: mistrust
strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination, (religious) persuasion, (religious) belief, ideology, creed, teaching, doctrine
"she gave her life for her faith"
a system of religious belief.
plural noun: faiths
"the Christian faith"
a strongly held belief or theory.
"the faith that life will expand until it fills the universe"

Origin

Yes, there are two uses for the word "faith", The first is the secular use and generally requires some evidence to generate the faith. The second is the religious use and typically means beleif without empirical evidence.

Your use of the word "faith" always involves the religious use of the word.

At least that's how things roll in the English language.

Yes. To have 'faith' has a specific meaning that does not relate to something you can readily verify.

Also loose terminology; 'in good faith' is probably better described as something done with 'good intentions' or an act of 'good will' - which is nothing to to with a conviction of truth in regard to things that can't be verified. Or someone says 'I have faith that this will happen' instead of 'I hope this happens'' Hope being conflated with faith, faith with trust or confidence.

Soul = Electricity = Battery = Engine of all creatures

this is my new religious theory

when god made creature with clay then ( GOD ) breath something into clay-dummy and the clay-adam come to live

every living creatures have electricity or soul

soul makes us living creature

when we died our soul no-longer in our dead-body

this should be end to mystery of what is death ?

The "electricity" is not put into a living thing to make it living... That is backwards. The living thing makes "electricity" as part of life. Without a heart, there is no heartbeat. Without a lung, there is no breath. Without a brain, there is no mind. Without biochemistry, there is no "electricity".

.. that said, if you really, really NEED to have a simplistic, one-liner, to explain what is so marvelous and complex as 'life', then that is as good as any other one-line just-so story.

There is no abiogenesis theory. There are only abiogenesis hypotheses. This has been pointed out to you several times in the past.

You just don't remember things very well, do you?

As to picking one, there are other choices, so I won't play into your feeble attempt to create a false dichotomy. (You do remember what a false dichotomy is, don't you?)

There are other choices, such as:

I trust that scientists involved with abiogenesis research will continue to work on the various abiogenesis hypotheses using the scientific method. OR

I do not know whether a theory of abiogenesis will ever be formulated.

i know abiogenesis theory come from evolutionist's scientist ass lol

You pretend. You need to up your game. You are a boring chew toy. My dog gets bored after a while with his chew toys too.

It's called Trolling. He has gotten pretty terrible at it. He pretends to speak broken English, but then forgets himself and throws out some linguistic clue that he is an American kid. He pretends to be from some tiny tribe in the middle east, but somehow has unfettered internet access to a secular website... many inconsistencies, but whatever... as other's have pointed out, it doesn't matter that he is trying to Troll, he helps paint the mimicked mindset and gives us fodder to make an example of... all in good fun.

Yes, we know you are a troll here for your personal entertainment. But there is a shortage of smart theists around these forums, so we are stuck with B-grade apologists like you. Beggars can't be choosers.

B-grade?

Try "flunked out of every discussion he entered".

Grading on the curve here...

Syed said:
"i know abiogenesis theory come from evolutionist's scientist ass "

No discussion, no flunking out. Sure, he can't explain how he "know" things that are not true, but let's not assume that that puts him in any way below the level of your average American fundroid. They also "know" many things that are not so. It's kind of a self-leveling, ubiquitous feature of nonsense superstitions.

B-grade?

Try "flunked out of every discussion he entered".

Even so, D-grade. syed almost never has a conversation in here. Just spouts a couple sentences of nonsense and is bemused when people don't fall to their knees Jack T Chick style and praise Allah. I was wondering the other day who was worse, syed or Eternal. I think Eternal wins out, but it is a good race between the two of them for creating the most unconvincing "arguments" for their cause.

syed, to avoid talking about you without talking to you, I think the biggest problem isn't that we don't agree with your philosophy... it is we don't agree with what you even consider to be an argument or discussion.

Even so, D-grade. syed almost never has a conversation in here. Just spouts a couple sentences of nonsense and is bemused when people don't fall to their knees Jack T Chick style and praise Allah. I was wondering the other day who was worse, syed or Eternal. I think Eternal wins out, but it is a good race between the two of them for creating the most unconvincing "arguments" for their cause.

Eternal must not have been .... uh, eternal. Don't think I've come across him/her.

syed, to avoid talking about you without talking to you, I think the biggest problem isn't that we don't agree with your philosophy... it is we don't agree with what you even consider to be an argument or discussion.

That can be a non-starter for sure. :)

Eternal must not have been .... uh, eternal. Don't think I've come across him/her.

That can be a non-starter for sure. :)
Eternal is OLD school TF, as in the early days of IIDB. We are not sure whether he was a troll or met what he debated. The most memorable argument was 'if evolution is true, how did bulls evolve if they are all males?'

The most memorable argument was 'if evolution is true, how did bulls evolve if they are all males?'

:lol:

That's pretty good! I hope someone gave him the explanation that such a well-thought-out question deserves.
Sometimes it is really helpful to remember that half of the population have below average IQs...

The most memorable argument was 'if evolution is true, how did bulls evolve if they are all males?'

That's pretty good! I hope someone gave him the explanation that such a well-thought-out question deserves.
Sometimes it is really helpful to remember that half of the population have below average IQs...
why not if a bull masturbate billion years he could produce female bull

Man, that's not even phoning it in...
But i do like how you CAN spell masturbate, but not Meddle East. Real attention to detail on your act, there, Syed.

Man, that's not even phoning it in...
But i do like how you CAN spell masturbate, but not Meddle East. Real attention to detail on your act, there, Syed.
Syed seems to be getting more vulgar with the posts. Almost like someone else is using the handle.

Do Jews and the Christians believe in Allah?

A Jew explains why Allah is the one and only God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65zyICBKBPI

Quran 9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

does above verse referring to christians and jews?

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (leader of Daesh/Isil) holds a doctorate in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Baghdad.

He and many, many, many of his fellow Muslims sincerely believe in Allah and are following the example of the Prophet.

Why don't you ask him if the verse refers to Christians and Jews?

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (leader of Daesh/Isil) holds a doctorate in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Baghdad.

He and many, many, many of his fellow Muslims sincerely believe in Allah and are following the example of the Prophet.

Why don't you ask him if the verse refers to Christians and Jews?
should i join isis true islam?

Quran 9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

let me explain to you this verse

Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day

above line simply saying that people who dont believe in god and judgement day ( like atheist ) ( christian and jew believe in god and judgement day)

nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book

above line simply saying that people who dont follow previous book ( old and new testament ) ie atheist

( christians and jews do follow old and new testament )

i should be teacher lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom