• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

If I have a little bit of knowledge, am I a little bit of robot?

If no, then gaining knowledge does not make me a robot.

If yes, then being a robot must not be a bad thing, so why fear it?

most people use cursing word to avoid reality
Wrong. I have a military background.
We use profanity as punctuation.
saying bullshit does not make your argument strong
I don't have to have a strong argument, if all you do is make baseless assertions and keep contradicting yourself. I don't even need an argument, just sufficient memory to realize you're making shit up.

Well, 1, cursing is a behavior I learned from the largely-christain society I live in

2, if you think 'bullshit' is cursing, you need to work on your threshold of pain

3, you said suffering is necessary for learning. Wouldn't that mean that uncomfortable language is thus fucking required for learning?

and 4, until you stop contradicting your own BS, no one's going to learn from you, anyway.

A bit rich coming from a person who only makes claims and has rarely, if ever, tried to rationally defend your beliefs.

So according to this, the more knowledge we acquire the more robotic we become? Or does the inclusion of pain somehow change the process?

Well, 1, cursing is a behavior I learned from the largely-christain society I live in

2, if you think 'bullshit' is cursing, you need to work on your threshold of pain

3, you said suffering is necessary for learning. Wouldn't that mean that uncomfortable language is thus fucking required for learning?

and 4, until you stop contradicting your own BS, no one's going to learn from you, anyway.

Oh yes it fucking well does. The bloody stupid idea that profanity doesn't improve language is just bullshit spouted by passive aggressive cunts who want to control everyone without coming across as the bunch of joyless bastards they really are. They can go fuck themselves.

you are human not robot

So according to this, the more knowledge we acquire the more robotic we become? Or does the inclusion of pain somehow change the process?

i dont know who are you talking to nor what is your question

i dont know who are you talking to nor what is your question

Please don't start listing the things you don't know - we will run out of Internet.

you are human not robot

Well, thank you for that. But you asked if I wanted to be a robot with knowledge just given to me. Since I have some knowledge, then either I'm a cyborg or else giving knowledge to me doesn't make me a robot.

you are human not robot

Well, thank you for that. But you asked if I wanted to be a robot with knowledge just given to me. Since I have some knowledge, then either I'm a cyborg or else giving knowledge to me doesn't make me a robot.
we gave knowledge to robot, robot dont gain knowledge by themselves that the different between human and robot

we gave knowledge to robot, robot dont gain knowledge by themselves that the different between human and robot
And we didn't have to make the robot suffer to get the knowledge, either.
THat makes us much nicer creators than your skybeast fuck.

Well, you Keith just got the 911th post, so something fucked up is going to happen.

This thread is hilarious. I should have made popcorn.

To Syed, I'm not sure what you think learning, or consciousness for that matter, or human physiology are but you seem to think we only learn through osmosis? That we, what, come into the world with knowledge? No need for your response, however, as you've made it abundantly clear you'll twist, dive away from or bend reality to suit you. Hint, <whisper> that's not how it works, not at all.

I will say your point on suffering being good as it brings knowledge is waaay out in left field, and has me wondering if anybody you actually care about has heard you say that. Interestingly, you sound quite a lot like several people I met in my former line of work who have a penchant for telling abuse victims they "must have done something" to have warranted the same flagrant disregard for life in general that your sky-father has, which you call "good".

Again, no need to respond as it'd just be bullshit on top of bullshit that some other animal vomited into a forgotten field somewhere west of Bumfuq, Egypt.

(Also, there are robots and computers with limited learning capabilities, all on their own lonesome, too. Swarm bots can detect obstacles in their path and re-adjust their search parameters when trying to locate injured or trapped humans through transmitting information gathered by each one to all bots who then reform their search grid based off of the new data. And they can even elect a new lead robot if the first lead is damaged beyond continuation, or destroyed, by way of seeking for the best probable attributes to a leader bot from the remaining party. And, psssst, this is called learning.)

Just thought I'd throw that nugget in there since I know that, while they did not write their own OS, being able to form new routines and sub-routines without additional guidance constitutes a form of self-learning intellect.

human are superior to robot,
Depends on your point of view. It's not surprising that humans would think so...
no pain no gain
You keep saying that, but i see no reason to think you're doing anything but rationalizing the suffering in a pitiless, godless existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you Keith just got the 911th post, so something fucked up is going to happen.

george bush will blow twin tower again
What tower would those be, now?

This thread is hilarious. I should have made popcorn.

To Syed, I'm not sure what you think learning, or consciousness for that matter, or human physiology are but you seem to think we only learn through osmosis? That we, what, come into the world with knowledge? No need for your response, however, as you've made it abundantly clear you'll twist, dive away from or bend reality to suit you. Hint, <whisper> that's not how it works, not at all.

I will say your point on suffering being good as it brings knowledge is waaay out in left field, and has me wondering if anybody you actually care about has heard you say that. Interestingly, you sound quite a lot like several people I met in my former line of work who have a penchant for telling abuse victims they "must have done something" to have warranted the same flagrant disregard for life in general that your sky-father has, which you call "good".

Again, no need to respond as it'd just be bullshit on top of bullshit that some other animal vomited into a forgotten field somewhere west of Bumfuq, Egypt.

(Also, there are robots and computers with limited learning capabilities, all on their own lonesome, too. Swarm bots can detect obstacles in their path and re-adjust their search parameters when trying to locate injured or trapped humans through transmitting information gathered by each one to all bots who then reform their search grid based off of the new data. And they can even elect a new lead robot if the first lead is damaged beyond continuation, or destroyed, by way of seeking for the best probable attributes to a leader bot from the remaining party. And, psssst, this is called learning.)

Just thought I'd throw that nugget in there since I know that, while they did not write their own OS, being able to form new routines and sub-routines without additional guidance constitutes a form of self-learning intellect.

computer and robot are not self learner but they follow instruction given to them, robots are NOT self thinkers

computer and robot are not self learner
Dude, if you don't know what you're talking about, you should just keep quiet.
robots are NOT self thinkers
You said nothing about self-thinkers. Moving the goalpost again.

Um, hey, can you provide evidence that YOU are a self-thinker, not just following instructions given to you?

I will say your point on suffering being good as it brings knowledge is waaay out in left field

No so far left field but I only made it back 4 pages, hoping to catch up to where I was. I may have missed something. Where am I right now btw

Christ did the suffering, huh Syed. But sometimes I feel the need to slam my foot down on a lighter or a little Hot Wheels car. Not enough to injure, just a small taste to give me wisdom. My brain expands every time I slam my hand in a drawer.

Tattoos are painful yet people think they look wise. So there is that to consider. Less importantly there are the centuries of sacred writings that say pain brings wisdom. Shaolin techniques and whatnot. "Suffer to know you're alive", or whatever. "Why! Why was I programmed to feel pain" sounds like something a robot would say.

I can navigate my entire house in complete darkness. I even close my eyes to make it more badass. I do the "down the stairs from a blind start at the fridge - NO HANDRAIL" run at least once a week. I wouldn't have learned how to do that without busting my ass a hundred times. Not the best example but there are billions to choose from on quote sites. Search disease charity websites. They have killer quotes about suffering for wisdom. That stuff is everywhere idk

Back
Top Bottom