• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

we are good because we fear god and man

Speak for yourself. I don't fear your God or any other.

If people are good only because they fear God, then why are so many god-fearing people in prison?

Why do you think atheists fear cops?

it depend on crime, traffic ticket, jail time, execution

You know cops also help people, right? A couple weeks ago I was in a major accident. The police arrived on scene, shut down the freeway, directed traffic away from the area, coordinated the response with fire crews/ambulances, and spent hours investigating, taking photos, and interviewing victims/witnesses. At the end of the incident an officer gave a few of us a ride to where our family/friends were waiting to pick us up. They were organized, professional, and helpful in the face of a pretty traumatic situation.

I was not afraid of the cops.

Do you truly believe that decent behavior is primarily motivated by "FEAR"? Really? Because it's already been proven that 'fear' of the death penalty does NOT deter crime. I suspect "fear" is not the primary motivator for human decency.

read number 3, empathy

fear is the MOST effective for human decency
No, actually it's not. And if 'fear' is the only reason you don't kill your neighbor and rape his wife, then I feel sorry for you.

read number 3, empathy

fear is the MOST effective for human decency
No, actually it's not. And if 'fear' is the only reason you don't kill your neighbor and rape his wife, then I feel sorry for you.

would you suggest eliminating all cops ?

would you pay all your tax without IRS ?

you lives in atheist fantasy land

Speak for yourself. I don't fear your God or any other.

If people are good only because they fear God, then why are so many god-fearing people in prison?

try eliminating cops and god in society

and see crime will increase or decrease

Actually, the societies with the least amount of god-belief tend to have the least crime. Make of that what you will. But certainly, the countries in the world with the most fervently religious people are never the best places to live. Give me godless Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland etc over god-fearing Latin America, the Middle East, USA any day.

Not with guys like you running around loose - who knows? You might wake up tomorrow and realize you've been victimized by your religion's fleecers, and go on a murderous rampage.

Absolutely. As it is, I could avoid most of my taxes without violating any laws, but I pay them anyway. Guess that's the difference between me and you/Donald Trump.

try eliminating cops and god in society

and see crime will increase or decrease

Actually, the societies with the least amount of god-belief tend to have the least crime. Make of that what you will. But certainly, the countries in the world with the most fervently religious people are never the best places to live. Give me godless Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland etc over god-fearing Latin America, the Middle East, USA any day.

Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland are rich country with small population

pick godless poor country with big population

No, but I would be open to changing their job description. Remember, there are still those god fearing folks that obviously don't fear enough and still commit crimes on others.

Of course I would, why wouldn't I? They serve a greater purpose.

you lives in atheist fantasy land
No, actually you're the one living in fantasy land with your imaginary sky cop and virgin rewards.

Elixir

Absolutely. As it is, I could avoid most of my taxes without violating any laws, but I pay them anyway. Guess that's the difference between me and you/Donald Trump.

would you suggest eliminating IRS?

Elixir

No - too many people are like you - requiring an external or imaginary influence to control their behavior. OTOH, maybe the federal government would go broke. Not sure if that would be good or bad.

No - too many people are like you - requiring an external or imaginary influence to control their behavior. OTOH, maybe the federal government would go broke. Not sure if that would be good or bad.
if america become all atheist country would you eliminate IRS and cops?

I would point out life giving rise to life all over the place without any evident help from any god. .

you gave no evidence for rise of life without god therefore goddidit

You gave no evidence for rise of life without Bantu, the Supreme Cosmic Toad, therefore Bantu-didit. See how easy that was?

We believe that the diversity of life we see on this planet is caused by biological evolution because this reasoning is supported by lots of evidence. There is no evidence that a god exists, much less that it did anything. Produce your god and we start believing. But you can't do that because your god exists only in your imagination.

Stop acting like a 6 year old child. You have been on this forum for a very long time and should know better than to repeat this nonsense.

If I said that life was created by a magic unicorn who farts life out of his ass, how would you refute that?

you are unable to defend your rejection of god in rational manner. therefore there is a god

You are unable to defend your rejection of Bantu, the Supreme Cosmic Toad is a rational manner. Therefore Bantu exists. Six year olds can do better than this, Syed. I am disappointed at your lack of personal growth despite being a long term member here.

- - - Updated - - -

Life makes life all over the place, whatever creatures you look at. And not a god to be seen.

once life didn't existed on earth so how did life appeared without life? earth is magic land create life itself ?

Self replicating chemicals. Chemistry driven by the energy of the universe. Next.

it depend on crime, traffic ticket, jail time, execution

If this is the case, an atheist who has not committed a crime would not fear cops.

Do you believe it is only fear of punishment which makes people behave?

basically fear PLUS empathy, justice, truthfulness, fairness, OVER ALL fear of god and cops

you are unable to defend your rejection of god in rational manner. therefore there is a god

You are unable to defend your rejection of Bantu, the Supreme Cosmic Toad is a rational manner. Therefore Bantu exists. Six year olds can do better than this, Syed. I am disappointed at your lack of personal growth despite being a long term member here.

- - - Updated - - -

Life makes life all over the place, whatever creatures you look at. And not a god to be seen.

once life didn't existed on earth so how did life appeared without life? earth is magic land create life itself ?

Self replicating chemicals. Chemistry driven by the energy of the universe. Next.

where i can find this self replicating chemicals?

Back
Top Bottom