• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

another question for atheists

can naked tribes built civilization?

can naked atheists built civilization?

i mean to say to make computers, phones, cars, train, school, colleges, universities?

Last edited:
You don't seem very enthusiastic about ending world hunger and war. This makes you a very selfish person. You must be one of those all talk evangelists.

i rather see all human are dead then seeing naked human hanging on the tree with their cousin ape
Again, Syed, who's unafraid to NOT LEARN A FUCKING THING, humans ARE apes, so we're a lot closer than cousins.

And your hateful stance (Better dead than naked? Really?) does seem to speak against your being civilized.

I'd say that cherishing all people is more civilized than wanting them dead to preserve your concept of modesty.

Sad, really, that you're willing to kill and lie for your god and call it civilization.

- - - Updated - - -

answer please dont just hit and run
No one's running, Syed. We're all still here.
We're all still demanding that you explain WHY would we want to 'make' them conform to our society if they're not members OF that society?

And you run away from this question...

You don't seem very enthusiastic about ending world hunger and war. This makes you a very selfish person. You must be one of those all talk evangelists.

i rather see all human are dead then seeing naked human hanging on the tree with their cousin ape

This means you are a selfish and hypocritical person. All of the preaching you bring to this forum is a fraud. You should be ashamed of yourself.

This means you are a selfish and hypocritical person. All of the preaching you bring to this forum is a fraud. You should be ashamed of yourself.

do you really believe nudity will bring peace on earth?

The question was not about world peace through nudity, but about your values. Scroll back if you need to, there's an 'if' there.

You talk on and on and on about how if a person is a good person and believe in god they go to paradise.

But you are not a good person. Any morality you might have is crippled by the prejudices you cherish, and the external beliefs you won't examine.

i mean to say to make computers, phones, cars, train, school, colleges, universities?

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Not sure if Gila Guerilla will ask but what is a concept of god??
I'll get this one out of the way first. It was me who introduced the term 'concept of god' into this thread. As you may know, there have been and still are a huge number of gods which have been conceived of by humans. Each concept of god(s) forms a theology, and is the description / definition of the god(s) in question. When I refer to Syed's concept of "God", I am referring to what he has told us or will tell us about his beliefs with regard to what "God" is, what "God" can do, what "God" has done, what importance "God" has in Syed's life etc. As I explained to Syed, I write the word "God" capitalised and in quotes, so that readers will know that I am talking about A concept of "God", and one with which I do not accept, or have any belief in.

Gila Guerilla
for all atheists concept of god is irrational illogical period
so i am not really surprised you found my concept of god also irrational illogical
is there any concept of god logical to you ?
Syed, my friend, can you not see that you are contradicting yourself with this, or at lest you are, if you think that I might have a repose which says yes, there is a concept of a god which is logical to me. If I am an atheist, (and that is my self-concept), then by your own words, 'concept of god is irrational illogical period', since I am a member of the group 'all atheists'.

1. Atheism is not a philosophy, and has no dogmas or prescriptions.
Atheism is at its simplest, a lack of belief in any gods.
You may have noticed that in my posts, I have never said: "There is no god".
What I do say is that all of the concepts of what "God" or any gods is/are, are not convincing, so I remain unconvinced.
I think that most atheists fit the same category as me.
As you can see, I have said that all of the concepts of what "God" or any gods is/are, are not convincing, so I remain unconvinced.
Thus you are telling us what I already told you, we don't find the concepts of gods logical, rational, and we therefore don't accept (maybe yet), that any gods exist.
That is NOT to say that I will never come across any concepts of God" or a god, which is logical and convincing - it just hasn't happened yet. I note that you tell us :-

atheism is worthless philosophy . . .
But you also have told us :-

Gila Guerilla

i dont debate with atheists to convince them there is a god, if i was i would had left this forum long time ago with disappointment

i am here for a good debate to learn and hopefully other will learn from me

my concept of god is illogical to you that doesn't mean it illogical for me

my understanding of god is very simple without mystery, rational and just god
This quote above ^^^ represents a most shallow and thoughtless philosophy: "god is . . . just god".
And it can't be rational, because I have shown you that it isn't.

Here is a list of the things you have told us about your concept of "God" , Syed:-

"God" is an engineer and doesn't do magic.

"God" has foreknowledge, but it is limited; "God" does not have the ability to foresee any of the following . . .
When a person will be born;
When a person will die;
Any acts of supposed "freewill" that a person has not yet carried out.

"God" has foreknowledge of where all of the atoms in the universe will be at any time in the future.

"God" knows that apples fall from trees, but cannot tell in advance when a particular apple will fall off a particular tree.

I have shown that these are illogical, thus irrational. The illogicality of them make the concept of "God" that you present, Syed, impossible.
I claim that my discussion of the concept should convince ANY reasonably intelligent and rational person.

I grant, that I have not asked you if you have changed your mind about any of these aspects of your concept of "God", Syed.
Here again, is that list of the things you have told us about your concept of "God" , Syed :-

1. "God" is an engineer and doesn't do magic.

2. "God" has foreknowledge, but it is limited; "God" does not have the ability to foresee any of the following . . .

• When a person will be born;
• When a person will die;
• Any acts of supposed "freewill" that a person has not yet carried out.

3. "God" has foreknowledge of where all of the atoms in the universe will be at any time in the future.

4. "God" knows that apples fall from trees, but cannot tell in advance when a particular apple will fall off a particular tree.

So my question to you now, Syed, is, 'Which of the above do you admit are erroneous, and should not be believed, (by you),
and which of the above do you continue to accept as true, and believe ?'

That's not the issue. The question was, "Would you do it to end war and hunger in the world?" You have put your personal embarrassment above the welfare of all mankind. You have no real concern for your fellow man. This makes you a bad person who talks the talk, but can't walk the walk.

I have answered this Syed.

I would not even try to make "those naked tribe wear cloths". Unlike you, I don't think what people wear makes them civilized. I do, however, think forcing other people to wear certain clothing to conform with one's own prejudices (or religious beliefs) makes one very uncivilized.
what is civilized world mean to you?

Where people treat each other with caring and respect, and don't care what anyone else is wearing (or not)

If you could end war and hunger by going naked, would you do it?

NO

bad choice

Godiva, Countess of Mercia, was an English noblewoman who, according to a legend dating at least to the 13th century, rode naked – covered only in her long hair – through the streets of Coventry to gain a remission of the oppressive taxation that her husband imposed on his tenants.

So Lady Godiva did it to oppose taxes against the poor, but you won't do it to end war and hunger.

NO

bad choice

Godiva, Countess of Mercia, was an English noblewoman who, according to a legend dating at least to the 13th century, rode naked – covered only in her long hair – through the streets of Coventry to gain a remission of the oppressive taxation that her husband imposed on his tenants.

So Lady Godiva did it to oppose taxes against the poor, but you won't do it to end war and hunger.

would you go nude to stop america from bombing middle east ?

That's not the issue. The question was, "Would you do it to end war and hunger in the world?" You have put your personal embarrassment above the welfare of all mankind. You have no real concern for your fellow man. This makes you a bad person who talks the talk, but can't walk the walk.

so your question was if i go nude for world peace not the whole world go nude ?

would you go nude to stop america from bombing middle east ?

I'd go nude if it was legal. I see clothes as a necessary evil. Especially on women.

BTW, Syed, if God wanted us to have clothes, why weren't we born with them? All other animals wear whatever God intended. Except the hermit crabs. What's wrong about wearing that which God intended, ie nothing?

i made a computer in my underwear a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom