• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tara Reade is a person who exists

Well, you cut out the rest of my post!

And? I did that INTENTIONALLY and included ellipses to show I was cutting it out to focus upon it. The reason I cut it out is because it's apologetics. It's FALSE and IRRATIONAL argumentation on behalf of people's favorite candidate that they use as an excuse to excuse his past behavior.

When you next try to argue that he isn't perfect, that's the rational argument, not the apologetics.

The REASON I chose to focus on these words and clearly did not take them out of context is because it's exactly how the Biden campaign irrationally excused his behaviors. It doesn't make any sense.

We must have consistently applied principles, even when we're discussing our own Presidential choices. So, if it's a rule that ALL WOMEN should be trusted, then it's a principle we hold to. However, if it is NOT a principle, then we need to hold to that across the board-whether Trump, Sanders, or BIDEN is accused. So that means if we find Tara Reade unreliable, then we ought to consider that maybe others are unreliable, too, such as the woman who accused Trump of raping her in a department store dressing room or Dr Ford who accused Kavanaugh and used discredited Michael Avenotti as her lawyer.

However, Trump continues to bully and demean women! Where's the outrage at that?

Please. I am constantly outraged by Twitler and anyone can see that from my posts in the forum. However, his mean-ness is not the question here, but whether he actually raped women. If it's propaganda, then who created it? I seriously don't want to be involved in observing politics if the Republican and Democratic Parties are just going to accuse each others' candidates of rape.

That's as dim-witted as watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians where the sisters are physically fighting with each other.

But my post was in reply to Trausti who supports Trump while attacking Biden for being overly affectionate. Do you not find that hypercritical? That is my point.

I think part of the issue with Biden doing this, as compared to Trump, is that he has promoted himself a supporter of women. He brags about his contribution to the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), for example, yet has continued to touch and grope women repeatedly in a very creepy manner over the years.

I think part of the issue with Biden doing this, as compared to Trump, is that he has promoted himself a supporter of women.

So has Trump. The difference is, we know Trump is lying.

yet has continued to touch and grope women repeatedly in a very creepy manner over the years.

Again, so has Trump. But, "grope" is a serious, legal accusation that requires intent and evidence. "Creepy manner" is a purely subjective, non-substantive and extremely loaded phrase that undermines the serious accusation.

You can't have both, or we're right back to the pictures of Trump and Ivanka as "evidence" that he wants to rape his own daughter.

:confused2:

... today's norms...

This is just apologetics for Biden. It was NEVER normal to creep up behind a woman and sniff her hair. It is NOW normalized for women to openly complain about it and men to apologize and maybe even for someone to get cancelled, but the actual action of the perpetrator was NEVER normal in the last few decades in populations that Biden participated in. NEVER.

That said, this kind of behavior is completely different from raping someone. He didn't rape anyone.

Well, you cut out the rest of my post! My point is that a Trump supporter hammering Biden over this is incredibly hypocritical. Secondly, I'd also say that no one is perfect, and I respect people who have the courage to change. Biden dosn't sniff hair anymore. Obama and HRC used to be against gay marriage for example. Do you want to hammer their past beliefs. However, Trump continues to bully and demean women! Where's the outrage at that?

Lost in the outrage at Trump's grotesque mishandling of the pandemic crisis and serious fears that he will use these times to seize further power for himself and potentially even cancel elections/install himself for another 6 terms like his buddy Putin.

Trump is as disgusting a human being as I've ever encountered or heard about--including Jeffrey Dahmer. Every single time I think that he cannot repel or disgust me more, something else happens.

Because I try very hard to look for silver linings, I am hoping that his 'work' as POTUS keeps him away from his granddaughter.

Could you please explain to me how Biden being overly affectionate in the past based on today's norms is worse than Trump's current bullying, sexually assaulting, and just generally being totally disrespectful to women.

“Overly affectionate” ?! Like Weinstein was “overly affectionate”

Sleepy Joe a sex pest ? Nooooooooooo, say it isn't so !!!

I thought it was "Handsy Joe"--I mean "Sleepy Joe" is just a Trumpian nickname. There was a scandal earlier on in the campaign about his physicality, which was all just extenuated away. But then, the establishment Demos put up with Gov'ner Bill, and acceded to the deliciously sexist term "bimbo eruptions" to excuse his unethical, and probably illegal conduct.

In when Trump stops being a sexual predator, who has openly stated his predilection for fucking his own daughter? Absolutely.

You jealous?

I wouldn't mind fucking Ivanka, but clearly not as much as Trump wants to fuck her.

I wouldn't mind a one-off grinding in Trump's lap, like in those photos when he was younger--but then I'm not his kid. Not jealous of Ivanka's relationship with her father.

Well, you cut out the rest of my post! My point is that a Trump supporter hammering Biden over this is incredibly hypocritical. Secondly, I'd also say that no one is perfect, and I respect people who have the courage to change. Biden dosn't sniff hair anymore. Obama and HRC used to be against gay marriage for example. Do you want to hammer their past beliefs. However, Trump continues to bully and demean women! Where's the outrage at that?

Lost in the outrage at Trump's grotesque mishandling of the pandemic crisis and serious fears that he will use these times to seize further power for himself and potentially even cancel elections/install himself for another 6 terms like his buddy Putin.

Trump is as disgusting a human being as I've ever encountered or heard about--including Jeffrey Dahmer. Every single time I think that he cannot repel or disgust me more, something else happens.

Because I try very hard to look for silver linings, I am hoping that his 'work' as POTUS keeps him away from his granddaughter.

JeffreyDahmer!!!! REally!!!!! Want to up the ante to Hitler? Stalin?

Could you please explain to me how Biden being overly affectionate in the past based on today's norms is worse than Trump's current bullying, sexually assaulting, and just generally being totally disrespectful to women.

You honestly think that sniffing someone's hair is the same as rape?

Only if a Democrat does it.

No, silly. Sniffing someone’s hair is much worse than rape.

No, silly. Sniffing someone’s hair is much worse than rape.

So now you are lampooning your own argument. Why do you participate in these discussions again?

I will point out, that this thread is about a pretty serious allegation of sexual assault/rape, note merely creepily invading personal space. So perhaps that's the motivation behind the lampooning.

So now you are lampooning your own argument. Why do you participate in these discussions again?

I will point out, that this thread is about a pretty serious allegation of sexual assault/rape, note merely creepily invading personal space. So perhaps that's the motivation behind the lampooning.

Actually, from the OP, this thread is only about the fact that "Tara Reade is a person who exists" and "that is all."

Just so we're clear, does liking Putin and thinking the US is too hard on him make someone fair game for sexual assault?

Back
Top Bottom