• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tests of Astrology

And that's a pretty big birthing assistant! :) I didn't realize how tremendously different it was, though.
100kg isn't a particularly large mass for an adult. Particularly not these days.

I mass ~100kg, and at 182cm tall, am not unhealthily overweight. If I get down to 90kg, I look and feel underweight.

BMI calculator says you're obese.
Allowing husbands to be present in the room when their wives give birth has a greater gravitational effect on a newborn than the Sun, Moon, or planets. I wonder if astrologers have taken this late twentieth century change in social norms into account in preparing their charts. ;)
I think even more relevant is changes in birthing approaches. More friendly rooms (thus not full of hospital equipment) and especially water birth. If she's not in the center of the birthing pool that will have an even bigger effect.

And that's a pretty big birthing assistant! :) I didn't realize how tremendously different it was, though.
100kg isn't a particularly large mass for an adult. Particularly not these days.

I mass ~100kg, and at 182cm tall, am not unhealthily overweight. If I get down to 90kg, I look and feel underweight.

BMI may be a useful metric for populations but not individuals.

BMI is absurd.

Dimensional analysis alone demonstrates this; WTF about my health can be measured in kg.m-2, and why?

The entire measure is designed to make people worry that they are obese.

Does this person look obese to you? (I was almost 110kg when this was taken, and was certainly overweight, but obese?)

IMG_6106.jpeg
(I am the one in the dark clothing; The other guy is Charles Darwin).

Back
Top Bottom