• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Deplorables are fighting back

The elites have nothing but contempt for the working classes.
Such as software workers, store clerks, computer people, accountants, health workers, teachers, military personnel, and so forth? Elites like Donald Trump?

The left needs to be reminded of who really runs this country.

Wow. Vindictive, vengeful, tribal. Great message. Bet they love Jesus, too.
You like this message RVonse?

I believe the people saying these things have a valid point. IMHO, something has gone terribly wrong with our society that we reward and celebrate individuals who trade stocks and paper.... yet punish the people who actually produce the things that keep us all alive. I would not even notice if most of the financial service industry went away but would very much be aware when no food is available to eat. And it is not the high paid politicians and financiers who are actually producing and providing the actual goods that keep us all alive.

Just to be clear, Im not hoping for mass chaos in NYC or anyone dying of food starvation. But at the same time, it would also be fitting if liberal intelligensia is forced to appreciate what small people who actually make and transport those services mean to our actual survival.

They deserve to be treated better than deplorable.

First, Hillary Clinton did not call working-class people “deplorables.” This is a canard.

Second, while I do think the Democratic party began abandoning its working-class roots to some extent under Bill Clinton, a trend that continued under Obama, Biden has to some extent reversed that trend. He has certainly accomplished more than either of those two did.

But finally … under what bizarro version of reality is the Republican Party not the true and actual champion of Wall Street? It has always been the party of Wall Street and the wealthy, especially under Trump, whose signature act was to push through a huge tax cut for the rich that blew a giant hole in the deficit that the GOP only claims to care about. Almost all working-class gains dating to the New Deal have been made under Democratic presidents.

And yes, you would definitely notice if most of the financial services sector went away.

I believe the people saying these things have a valid point.
You also believe that the US currency and economy was "just fine" and there was economic parity prior to President Wilson.
IMHO, something has gone terribly wrong with our society that we reward and celebrate individuals who trade stocks and paper.... yet punish the people who actually produce the things that keep us all alive.
When was this ever not the case? Granted, the wealthy are getting wealthier these days, returning us to the gilded age, in part due to the policies these protestors are supporting. Which makes all of this smack your forehead frustrating.
I would not even notice if most of the financial service industry went away but would very much be aware when no food is available to eat.
Well, you'd notice if you lost your job and couldn't afford to eat. Which there are parasites in finance, finance... finances growth and jobs.
And it is not the high paid politicians and financiers who are actually producing and providing the actual goods that keep us all alive.
Well, they aren't all far right-wing folks either.
Just to be clear, Im not hoping for mass chaos in NYC or anyone dying of food starvation. But at the same time, it would also be fitting if liberal intelligensia is forced to appreciate what small people who actually make and transport those services mean to our actual survival.
Liberals work for a living too! Some of them do all that hard shit you want to herald as being the most important job in the world. The people in finance, a lot of them are the ones trying to get people like you to vote for people that'll save THEM money.
Deplorables are deplorable. Sorry if that is insulting to deplorables. Being poor and white or middle class and white or rich and white doesn't make a person a deplorable. Being a racist, misogynistic fuck does. So to all the racist, misogynistic fucks, you are all deplorable. Regardless your race or income.

I believe the people saying these things have a valid point. IMHO, something has gone terribly wrong with our society that we reward and celebrate individuals who trade stocks and paper.... yet punish the people who actually produce the things that keep us all alive. I would not even notice if most of the financial service industry went away but would very much be aware when no food is available to eat. And it is not the high paid politicians and financiers who are actually producing and providing the actual goods that keep us all alive.

If they continually vote against their own economic self interests maybe they don't deserve to be treated better. Have you considered that?

I'm old enough to remember when RVonse really cared about the "crisis" at the border - that is untill Orange Jesus instructed all his cultist to do nothing about it. That had a trucker convoy protest too. I wonder what became of it?

Just kidding, I know what happened to it;

The smart money says this is going to be a nothingburger as well.

I don’t entirely disagree with you until your last paragraph. You seem to be under the impression that ‘the liberal intelligentsia’ has no idea what the ‘small people’ do or what it means to all of us.

What world is it where the conservatives give a rat’s ass about regular people, except when it comes to getting their votes? That’s a real, honest question.

I do take your point that the needs and concerns of regular people: factory workers, truck drivers, service workers, small business owners and employees, etc. are generally forgotten once a lawmaker crosses the threshold of the Capitol building, be that a state capitol or the one in DC.

But it is the democrats who have pushed for something closer to a living wage, better access to health insurance and health care, decent schools and decent housing, workplace safety, and improving the environment.

I get that social change is really hard for everyone but especially for those who feel like they are the ones who have to stand aside to make room for immigrants, persons of color, people who do not fit into neat heteronormative boxes, and women, especially those who want to do something other than make coffee, clean up messes and have babies if and only of their man specifies he wants a baby—that she will look after all by herself, and disappear quietly and meekly if he gets bored.

The world is changing. It is not always easy to adjust to those changes, particularly when we see that those who are expected to make accommodations and accept changes are very often those who are struggling to hang on.

It’s worse when people we want to trust keep telling us that is all these ‘newcomers’ who are taking away from the little guy instead of those rich and powerful who are able to better insulate themselves from pesky rules.

Deplorables are deplorable. Sorry if that is insulting to deplorables. Being poor and white or middle class and white or rich and white doesn't make a person a deplorable.
Nor is it a white thing.
Clarence Thomas is black and super elite. He's also a deplorable.
Tom

Deplorables are deplorable. Sorry if that is insulting to deplorables. Being poor and white or middle class and white or rich and white doesn't make a person a deplorable.
Nor is it a white thing.
Clarence Thomas is black and super elite. He's also a deplorable.
Tom
Cunt is easier to type. Maybe because I'm 'Strayan I have an instant aversion to words with more than 3 syllables like the d-word. But seeing as you brought up Thomas;

I'm sure last night's episode had nothing to with that decision...

Demographics of American truck drivers:

https://www.zippia.com/professional-truck-driver-jobs/demographics/

• There are over 689,930 professional truck drivers currently employed in the United States.
  • 15.7% of all professional truck drivers are women, while 84.3% are men.
  • The average professional truck driver age is 47 years old.
  • The most common ethnicity of professional truck drivers is White (58.5%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (17.9%), Black or African American (14.4%) and Unknown (4.7%).
  • In 2022, women earned 90% of what men earned.
  • 4% of all professional truck drivers are LGBT.
  • Professional truck drivers are 79% more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
So, are all the minority truck drivers going to play this silly game? Btw, we had a poster here for a little while who was a professional big rig driver. She came out as a trans female, and was quite liberal, so why is Rvonse stereotyping truck drivers when they seem like a fairly diverse group? Sure, more than half are white, but almost half aren't and almost 16% are women. I doubt they are all MAGAites. Plus, if they refuse to deliver to any particular city, I doubt they will have a job much longer or if they do, they won't make as much money as usual. I respect truck drivers other than the ones who drive far too many hours without a break and end up causing horrendous accidents in Atlanta metro. Btw, Atlanta is the city where most truckers make deliveries. And, Georgia still has a Republican governor and Congress, so be careful what you wish for, is all I can say.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you and people of your ilk? What exactly did Trump do for the working man, besides blow smoke up their asses? Biden has been the most pro labor and working person president we've had since Carter. But you all cannot stand him. And much of his accomplishments are because he had support from the Democrats in congress. Not one Republican voted for Biden's infrastructure bill but now all across the country they are taking credit for the the projects that are in it being done. How much bullshit are you going to continue to swallow from the Republicans while you keep saying it tastes like filet mignon.

Please tell me one thing Trump did for the working man.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you and people of your ilk? What exactly did Trump do for the working man, besides blow smoke up their asses? Biden has been the most pro labor and working person president we've had since Carter. But you all cannot stand him. And much of his accomplishments are because he had support from the Democrats in congress. Not one Republican voted for Biden's infrastructure bill but now all across the country they are taking credit for the the projects that are in it being done. How much bullshit are you going to continue to swallow from the Republicans while you keep saying it tastes like filet mignon.

Actually, 13 Republicans in the House and 19 in the Senate did vote for the Infrastructure bill, but it's true that many who didn't vote for it, are bragging about how much money it's bringing into their states. Damn lying hypocrites. That was in 2021, when there was still a little bit of bipartisanship going on. It's all dead now that the Orange Master of the Republican Party is telling his cult members in Congress what to do.

It's like they're trying to be as deplorable as possible, just so they can complain abouf being called that. I mean, they don't actually want to be admired by Democrats, do they? The whole point is to offend.

The Truckers Are Back...But This Time It's Different​

What this country needs is a good old-fashioned trucker boycott of democrat-run cities. The left needs to be reminded of who really runs this country. #MAGA #Trump2024 #TruckersForTrump

This will be interesting because the liberal intelligensia (example Hillary Clinton) despise the very MAGA people who keep them alive. Certainly not very intelligent on their part! My recommendation to the truckers; forget about NYC and instead concentrate efforts on Washington DC.
That's strange; I don't recall any requirement to be a MAGA supporter when I took my Heavy Vehicle tests. The written test was focused on road rules, legal obligations, and fatigue management, rather than ensuring that all truck drivers are right wingnuts.

Maybe the licensing requirements are different in the USA.

I believe the people saying these things have a valid point. IMHO, something has gone terribly wrong with our society that we reward and celebrate individuals who trade stocks and paper.... yet punish the people who actually produce the things that keep us all alive.

Yeah, like $399 high tops with gold on top. You know, shit people need, not over-priced crap tricking people into buying it while some jackass is laughing all the way to the bank.

What exactly did Trump do for the working man, besides blow smoke up their asses?

He got us out of global trade with China. All by himself against incredible opposition from both parties, no smoke involved.

That feat alone is everything for the working man.

It's like they're trying to be as deplorable as possible, just so they can complain abouf being called that. I mean, they don't actually want to be admired by Democrats, do they? The whole point is to offend.
I don't think they are going after offending anybody but they do want to demonstrate how important THEIR lowly jobs are to your survival. And they also want to send a message to the corrupt liberal NYC kangaroo courts there are other effective methods to fight back.

Back
Top Bottom