• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Only Way To Defeat Trump

Blaming everything but his own obvious mental decline for his performance.

Nobody believes any of these excuses and I have nothing but contempt for these people that try to gaslight us. It’s one thing to blather on a silly forum and claim Brandon is fine but for government to feed us this shit is deplorable.

I seem to remember the same shit went on when Reagan started to show signs of dementia. The UK comedy show used to rip on Reagan about it.

Brandon is deteriorating rapidly.
Dementia makes your voice hoarse??? Who knew...

Dementia makes your voice hoarse??? Who knew...
Dokter Swizzle knows all! Well, almost -
I don’t know how he missed whatever happened to Trump.
Yes, let's dismiss the guy with the hoarse voice who answered almost all the question honestly but take the guy who answered forcefully but lied in almosy every statement.

Yep. I've watched a few of KJP's press briefings since the debate and , OMG, what a nightmare job she has to try and spin this. It used to be mainly Peter Doocey (Fox News) who would give her a rough time, but now it seems all the press is totally piling on and asking her the tough questions. You can tell no one is buying what she's trying to sell. I think even KJP knows at this point that the jig is up. How she can get up there day after day and tell these lies and then sleep at night is beyond me.

I have only seen snippets of the press briefings from any administration. I don’t understand why there is such a thing. It’s just pointless twaddle as the press secretary delivers a word salad non answer to a question. Some are worse than others and KJP has to be the worst I have seen. But I guess when Brandon chooses these people, color, gender and sexual orientation is given preference over ability.

I have no idea what "results" in California would suggest dicontentment with Democratic governance, though. Didn't we just turn down an idiotic bid to recall the governor and replace him with a radio talk jockey?

Newsom does not have a strong approval rating in California, he’s not doing a good job and never has. Yes, he did avoid his recall thanks to Larry Elder. However, the recall effort garnered enough support to get it on the ballot and he may yet face another recall challenge. Fingers crossed.
Don't forget that your idiot friends are also trying to recall my county DA, Pamela Price, for no goddamned reason. At a cost of $20 million to taxpayers in a county that is already 60 million in the red. But getting your dumb ideas on the ballot is not proof that anyone agrees with you.
There is a wide diversity of people who are supporting the Pamela Price recall. Yes, many are rich real estate, business and tech leaders. But also residents who are not happy with the crime situation, especially in Oakland. Including the Oakland chapter of the NAACP:

Oakland NAACP: "Failed Leadership, Including the Movement to Defund the Police, our District Attorney's unwillingness to charge and prosecute people who murder and commit life threatening serious crimes, and the proliferation of anti-police rhetoric have created a heyday for Oakland criminals."

The campaign’s supporters have objected to Price’s prosecutorial philosophy, which is opposed to using enhancements to increase jail time for defendants, and pursuing stiff penalties for youth offenders. The campaign has also attacked Price for allegedly engaging in nepotism and mismanaging the DA’s office, leading to the departure of some prosecutors.

As I recall, you live in a town in Alameda County that is widely touted as one of the best cities to live in (not just in CA, but in the US if I recall), while another city a short drive away (Oakland) ranks among the worse. Maybe if you lived in Oakland for an extended length of time, you would feel the desperation and frustration that its residents do about the crime situation, and would want someone who is tougher on crime and is making a difference.
I lived in Hayward, on the flats, for two years. If you don't know what that means, I'll be happy to enighten you. And no, being effectively without a DA for two years wouldn't have helped a thing. A recall isn't just "another election"; it's an expensive, time-consuming process that throws a county into chaos for a long period. In an emergency, the cost is justified. If it's just Pleasanton white boys crying into their Wheaties that a black woman got fairly elected to the position? Not so much. There are term limits for a reason, you could have waited and done things the right way. But you can't, because you know you'll lose -- what you want is not what Alameda County voters want, and you know it. So, you're pulling a stunt instead. An expensive, counter-productive stunt.

Last edited:
Yep. I've watched a few of KJP's press briefings since the debate and , OMG, what a nightmare job she has to try and spin this. It used to be mainly Peter Doocey (Fox News) who would give her a rough time, but now it seems all the press is totally piling on and asking her the tough questions. You can tell no one is buying what she's trying to sell. I think even KJP knows at this point that the jig is up. How she can get up there day after day and tell these lies and then sleep at night is beyond me.

I have only seen snippets of the press briefings from any administration. I don’t understand why there is such a thing. It’s just pointless twaddle as the press secretary delivers a word salad non answer to a question. Some are worse than others and KJP has to be the worst I have seen. But I guess when Brandon chooses these people, color, gender and sexual orientation is given preference over ability.
Wow, you just barely watch them but you know all about them and how KJP is the worst.

Wow, you just barely watch them but you know all about them and how KJP is the worst.
I’m sure that the right wing media shows only the most relevant snippets in the most fair of contexts.

I have no idea what "results" in California would suggest dicontentment with Democratic governance, though. Didn't we just turn down an idiotic bid to recall the governor and replace him with a radio talk jockey?

Newsom does not have a strong approval rating in California, he’s not doing a good job and never has. Yes, he did avoid his recall thanks to Larry Elder. However, the recall effort garnered enough support to get it on the ballot and he may yet face another recall challenge. Fingers crossed.
Don't forget that your idiot friends are also trying to recall my county DA, Pamela Price, for no goddamned reason. At a cost of $20 million to taxpayers in a county that is already 60 million in the red. But getting your dumb ideas on the ballot is not proof that anyone agrees with you.
There is a wide diversity of people who are supporting the Pamela Price recall. Yes, many are rich real estate, business and tech leaders. But also residents who are not happy with the crime situation, especially in Oakland. Including the Oakland chapter of the NAACP:

Oakland NAACP: "Failed Leadership, Including the Movement to Defund the Police, our District Attorney's unwillingness to charge and prosecute people who murder and commit life threatening serious crimes, and the proliferation of anti-police rhetoric have created a heyday for Oakland criminals."

The campaign’s supporters have objected to Price’s prosecutorial philosophy, which is opposed to using enhancements to increase jail time for defendants, and pursuing stiff penalties for youth offenders. The campaign has also attacked Price for allegedly engaging in nepotism and mismanaging the DA’s office, leading to the departure of some prosecutors.

As I recall, you live in a town in Alameda County that is widely touted as one of the best cities to live in (not just in CA, but in the US if I recall), while another city a short drive away (Oakland) ranks among the worse. Maybe if you lived in Oakland for an extended length of time, you would feel the desperation and frustration that its residents do about the crime situation, and would want someone who is tougher on crime and is making a difference.
I lived in Hayward, on the flats, for two years. If you don't know what that means, I'll be happy to enighten you. And no, being effectively without a DA for two years wouldn't have helped a thing. A recall isn't just "another election"; it's an expensive, time-consuming process that throws a county into chaos for a long period. In an emergency, the cost is justified. If it's just Pleasanton white boys crying into their Wheaties that a black woman got fairly elected to the position? Not so much. There are term limits for a reason, you could have waited and done things the right way. But you can't, because you know you'll lose -- what you want is not what Alameda County voters want, and you know it. So, you're pulling a stunt instead. An expensive, counter-productive stunt.
I agree, I'm not a fan of recalls myself, for the reasons you stated. It would be nice if public officials were competent and had good ideas to begin with, but I guess that's too much to ask for these days.

Pleasanton white boys? Seriously, dude? If you think this is about white men hating on a black woman, then lets see your receipts, otherwise, just knock it off. And you seem to be bringing me into this. WTF? Or is that a more generalized use of the word "you"? Anyway, I don't even live in Alameda County or have much opinion about the recall. I haven't been following all that closely. I'll let you Alameda residents sort it out amongst yourselves. I'm washing my hands of it.

:cool:Pleasanton white boys? Seriously, dude? If you think this is about white men hating on a black woman, then lets see your receipts, otherwise, just knock it off.
That's who has been leading this charge, bunch of boomer white guys from upscale neighborhoods in the 925. Indeed, the bulk of the money came from realtor agencies out that way. 2.2 million dollars to unseat a county DA. All out of urgent concern for small business owners on Oakland, I am sure.

But of course, now we're supposed to play the game of insisting that whoever calls out racism is the real racist, I suppose. What, am I supposed to pretend I "don't see color"? Just like they have by no means noticed her skin color, have no idea that Pamela Price is a black woman that was always filled by a white person from the outer East Bay until now? :rolleyes: That they still have no idea, and only object to the grievous and unnameable policies she'd enacted when the began their recall campaign two months after the election?

I wasn't born yesterday, and neither were you. This recall was always about race and class, and trying to keep new blood out of and good ol' boy legal network.

Last edited:
Pleasanton white boys? Seriously, dude? If you think this is about white men hating on a black woman, then lets see your receipts, otherwise, just knock it off.
That's who has been leading this charge, bunch of boomer white guys from upscale neighborhoods in the 925. What, am I supposed to pretend I "don't see color"?
:rolleyes: Did it occur to you that they may not be racist pieces of shit and that they just don't like her weak on crime policies and/or corruption? The fact that the Oakland NAACP doesn't want her either is kind of a hint that its not her race that's the problem.

As I recall you saying in another thread, you were called racial slurs while just going for a walk in DC on Juneteenth and minding your own business. Were the guys who were harrassing you just supposed to pretend "I don't see color" and leave you alone?

As I recall you saying in another thread, you were called racial slurs while just going for a walk in DC on Juneteenth and minding your own business. Were the guys who were harrassing you just supposed to pretend "I don't see color" and leave you alone?
If you read that, you also read where I wrote that I understood where it was coming from. Anacostia was a vicious case of white flight taking all city services, most jobs, and all the food along with. I do wish we lived in a post-segregation society, but we don't. And pretending that we do serves no one's interest.

You really think keeping the DA office that oversees Oakland and Hayward exclusively white and wealthy is going to soothe racial tensions in my county? Hounding out the first black person ever to serve in the role on the basis of a bunch of cooked up bullshit, that's going to calm everything down?

The fact that the Oakland NAACP doesn't want her either is kind of a hint that its not her race that's the problem.
I don't suppose you're actually curious about what has happened to the Oakland NAACP in recent years, and why they are now in lockstep with the Republican machine on most issues, not just this one. But if you are, you can learn more here.

I'm sure there are some people out there who legitimately hate Price for being a Progressive, not as such for her skin color or lack of rich jerk cred. Not everyone in the Bay Area is a "liberal", this is true. The leadership of the Oakland NAACP certainly is not, at present. But the place to hash that out was the fair and legal election in which Price was elected, not with this sham of a recall.

Last edited:
The fact that the Oakland NAACP doesn't want her either is kind of a hint that its not her race that's the problem.
I don't suppose you're actually curious about what has happened to the Oakland NAACP in recent years, and why they are now in lockstep with the Republican machine on most issues, not just this one. But if you are, you can learn more here.

I'm sure there are some people out there who legitimately hate Price for being a Progressive, not as such for her skin color or lack of rich jerk cred. Not everyone in the Bay Area is a "liberal", this is true. The leadership of the Oakland NAACP certainly is not, at present. But the place to hash that out was the fair and legal election in which Price was elected, not with this sham of a recall.

I am aware that the Oakland NAACP has been deviating from the established, prescribed narrative of the other chapters. Its called dispensing with ideology and thinking for yourself. Nothing wrong with that...they apparently realized these are desperate times and the old school ideas aren't working. To ignore possible solutions to problems just because "Republicans like them" is pretty shortsighted, IMHO. In case you haven't noticed, California politics (at the state level and in the Bay Area) has been largely dominated by progressives for many years now...its not exactly a paradise as a result.

But what its important here is what the citizens of Oakland themselves are experiencing and what they want from their leaders. You might find this survey interesting. In particular, the bold:

CRIME IS OVERWHELMINGLY OAKLAND’S TOP CONCERN

A September 14-18, 2023, survey of likely voters revealed that Public Safety dominates Oakland voters’ concerns. Eighty three percent (83%) of the respondents ranked Public Safety and Crime as their number one issue and ninety two percent (92%) want their leaders to focus on reducing crime.

Seventy four percent (74%) of likely voters want to increase the police force from the current number of 723 officers to 1,000. Seventy four percent (74%) of Oakland voters say things in Oakland are going in the wrong direction. Similarly, seventy four percent (74%) believe the quality of life in Oakland has gotten worse.

The majority of Oakland voters disapprove of the performance of their elected officials. Fifty seven (57%) percent disapprove of the way Mayor Thao is handling her job while only twenty nine (29%) approve. Sixty six percent (66%) disapprove of the way the City Council is handling its job while only seventeen (17%) approve.
The survey was commissioned by The McConnell Group. It was conducted by RG Strategies which is affiliated with Binder Research, one of the most highly regarded research companies in the country. It was comprised on 400 likely voters, randomly selected. Sixty five percent of the respondents identified themselves as progressives (35%) or liberals (30%). Twenty one percent (21%) identified as moderates and only 7% called themselves conservatives.

If you decide to actually look in detail at the survery linked, you will see at the very end of it that 74% of those surveyed are Democrats, and only 4% are Republicans.

Last edited:

I am aware that the Oakland NAACP has been deviating from the established, prescribed narrative of the other chapters. Its called dispensing with ideology and thinking for yourself. Nothing wrong with that...they apparently realized these are desperate times and the old school ideas aren't working. To ignore possible solutions to problems just because "Republicans like them" is pretty shortsighted, IMHO. In case you haven't noticed, California politics (at the state level and in the Bay Area) has been largely dominated by progressives for many years now...its not exactly a paradise as a result.

But what its important here is what the citizens of Oakland themselves are experiencing and what they want from their leaders. You might find this survey interesting. In particular, the bold:

A September 14-18, 2023, survey of likely voters revealed that Public Safety dominates Oakland voters’ concerns. Eighty three percent (83%) of the respondents ranked Public Safety and Crime as their number one issue and ninety two percent (92%) want their leaders to focus on reducing crime.

Seventy four percent (74%) of likely voters want to increase the police force from the current number of 723 officers to 1,000. Seventy four percent (74%) of Oakland voters say things in Oakland are going in the wrong direction. Similarly, seventy four percent (74%) believe the quality of life in Oakland has gotten worse.

The majority of Oakland voters disapprove of the performance of their elected officials. Fifty seven (57%) percent disapprove of the way Mayor Thao is handling her job while only twenty nine (29%) approve. Sixty six percent (66%) disapprove of the way the City Council is handling its job while only seventeen (17%) approve.
The survey was commissioned by The McConnell Group. It was conducted by RG Strategies which is affiliated with Binder Research, one of the most highly regarded research companies in the country. It was comprised on 400 likely voters, randomly selected. Sixty five percent of the respondents identified themselves as progressives (35%) or liberals (30%). Twenty one percent (21%) identified as moderates and only 7% called themselves conservatives.
This is well known. I am also very concerned about crime. That doesn't mean I trust a bunch of criminal thugs who worship a clown to "solve crime" by means they cannot explain. Oakland has had enough of Republican "solutions" to crime, as your own poll there very clearly indicates; these recall guys aren't going to get what they want even if Price is in fact recalled.

This is well known. I am also very concerned about crime. That doesn't mean I trust a bunch of criminal thugs who worship a clown to "solve crime" by means they cannot explain. Oakland has had enough of Republican "solutions" to crime, as your own poll there very clearly indicates; these recall guys aren't going to get what they want even if Price is in fact recalled.
Who are the criminal thugs who "worship a clown" in all of this? Be specific and name names.

Anyway, this conversation is derailing the thread's OP. I'm not going to keep going on ad nauseum.

Who are the criminal thugs who "worship a clown" in all of this? Be specific and name names.
Republicans.

Republicans.
:picardfacepalm: I give up. Bye! Stay cool. :wave2:

Back
Top Bottom