• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Quran

Should you study Greek and Aramaic before you take on the Bible?
If one wants to assume that it contains unfailing literal truths from God, then yes. Otherwise, probably not. In fact, it probably doesn't need to be taken on at all, and in fact it seems that most people don't take it on when determining their personal moral codes.

Should you have to, though? Should you study Greek and Aramaic before you take on the Bible?

It would be a very good idea, especially if you want to present your ideas as expert.

It was written in English, and fake manuscripts were created in the more "ancient" languages using technology available to the allies after WWII (which was actually WWI- the whole story is bullshit). So if you really want to understand the bullshit that was written as an act of mental warfare against the lower classes, think of it from that perspective.

All the "ancient" stuff is lies.... the Bible and Quran are modern, well designed multipurpose linguistic weapons/tools. They ever work against atheists. ;)

ooopps. misspelled even.

It would be a very good idea, especially if you want to present your ideas as expert.

It was written in English, and fake manuscripts were created in the more "ancient" languages using technology available to the allies after WWII (which was actually WWI- the whole story is bullshit). So if you really want to understand the bullshit that was written as an act of mental warfare against the lower classes, think of it from that perspective.

All the "ancient" stuff is lies.... the Bible and Quran are modern, well designed multipurpose linguistic weapons/tools. They ever work against atheists. ;)

ooopps. misspelled even.

I for one would like to welcome our new Reformed Old-Earth Last Thursdayist overlords.

ooopps. misspelled even.

Never heard that one before. Full marks for creative thinking!

All the "ancient" stuff is lies.... the Bible and Quran are modern, well designed multipurpose linguistic weapons/tools.

Samuel R. Delany wrote a novel about a weaponized language called " Babel-17". Sort of neat concept.

Anyway, the idea of linguistic weapons/tools for manipulation of the masses is not original by a long shot. The idea that there was only one World War, and the whole history that we have available to us is a lie is probably on every conspiracy theory website on the intertubes. I'm not too into them, but I'm thinking if you read the truth on timecube.com, you'll understand everything.

Sounds like the New Chronology movement. :)

Samuel R. Delany wrote a novel about a weaponized language called " Babel-17". Sort of neat concept.

Anyway, the idea of linguistic weapons/tools for manipulation of the masses is not original by a long shot. The idea that there was only one World War, and the whole history that we have available to us is a lie is probably on every conspiracy theory website on the intertubes. I'm not too into them, but I'm thinking if you read the truth on timecube.com, you'll understand everything.
It was also a major theme in Orwell's 1984 where history was constantly being rewritten.
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."

It was also a major theme in Orwell's 1984 where history was constantly being rewritten.
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."
Yeah. I wrote that into the timeline before my post so everyone would believe it when I said it wasn't an original idea. 4D text editor is awesome. ;)

I just don't want blame for all the suffering of eternity heaped around my hooves.

Back
Top Bottom