• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

"Lie" assumes he knows he's not telling the truth.
I've said before: Rump has a complete DISREGARD for the truth. He doesn't know or care what the truth is. He works by the theory that if you say something loud enough and often enough, people will come to believe it. And of course he is demented enough to believe his own shit.
Agreed. There seem to be quite a few on the right that think if they can simply make everyone agree with their version of "reality" that it will be so. He's far more so than most. There are some on the left but it's nowhere as many.

Whomever Harris picks as her running mate Mark Kelly, son of police officers, fighter pilot, astronaut, and spouse of the year, I hope she presents him more as a partner who doesn't live in the shadows. Is it a fear of being challenged by your VP the next go around that keeps VPs out of the spotlight? Seems rather petty and a waste of a valuable resource. Harris was underutilized and I hope she has learned from the experience.
VPs are usually chosen for their ability to appeal to a demographic or state/several states that will help the POTUS candidate win the election. Then they become an afterthought because their perceived usefulness is now expended.

The show Veep is great for having fun and getting some insight into the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. Yes, it's a raunchy comedy, but very much worth the time.

Why is FoxNews putting on Crazy Kamala Harris Rallies? Why do they allow the perverts at the failed and disgraced Lincoln Project to advertise on FoxNews? Even Mr. Kellyanne Conway, a man so badly hurt and humiliated by his wife (she must have done some really NASTY things to him, because he is CRAZY!), is advertising on FoxNews. We have to WIN WITHOUT FOX!

@realDonaldTrump Donald Trump Truth Social 03:58 PM EST 07/29/24

One Word Has Elevated Minnesota’s Governor to the Democrats’ V.P. Wish List - The New York Times
[quoe]
“These guys are just weird,” Mr. Walz said on Saturday of the Republican ticket. He was talking to a crowd of canvassers for the Harris campaign in St. Paul, but the “weird” line of attack, which he has been using for months, went viral. (Ms. Harris herself used the words “just plain weird” over the weekend to describe the ways in which Republicans have chosen to criticize her.)
[/quote]
Harris keeps calling Trump and Vance 'weird.' Here's why | AP News
Democrats are applying the label with gusto in interviews and online, notably to Vance’s comments on abortion and his previous suggestion that political leaders who didn’t have biological children “don’t really have a direct stake” in the country.

The “weird” message appears to have given Democrats a narrative advantage that it rarely had when President Joe Biden was still running for reelection. Trump’s campaign, which so often shapes political discussions with the former president’s pronouncements, has spent days trying to flip the script by highlighting things about Democrats it says are weird.

“I don’t know who came up with the message, but I salute them,” said David Karpf, a strategic communication professor at George Washington University.
The Republicans don't have a good counter to being called out on their weirdness. At least not yet.
Republicans have long shared clips of Harris’ laugh and some of her jokes or stories to try to make the vice president seem weird — notably an anecdote she told last year about her mother scolding her, “You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?”

The “coconut tree” story has itself become a Democratic in-joke in the days since Harris took over the campaign. Many of her supporters have embraced coconut emojis in their online accounts.

Whomever Harris picks as her running mate Mark Kelly, son of police officers, fighter pilot, astronaut, and spouse of the year, I hope she presents him more as a partner who doesn't live in the shadows. Is it a fear of being challenged by your VP the next go around that keeps VPs out of the spotlight? Seems rather petty and a waste of a valuable resource. Harris was underutilized and I hope she has learned from the experience.
VPs are usually chosen for their ability to appeal to a demographic or state/several states that will help the POTUS candidate win the election. Then they become an afterthought because their perceived usefulness is now expended.

The show Veep is great for having fun and getting some insight into the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. Yes, it's a raunchy comedy, but very much worth the time.
The demographic I'm thinking about is those who may be struggling with a first female president. For them showing more of a partnership with, I presume an AWG VP, might put these folks more at ease. Also while campaigning, it could remind people of and be a good counter to the "I alone can fix it" BS of Trump.

A good piece from E-V.com on Trump's and Vance's lack of desire to walk back some pretty shady stuff they have said, Trump regarding Xians not needing to have to vote next time and childless cat ladies. We seem to be transitioning from the quiet parts out loud segment of tyranny to the went aren't stepping back from it at all part.
E-V.com said:
The fundamental problem here could not be clearer. Trump does not WANT to back off of his comments about there being no further need to vote after 2028. Vance does not WANT to back off of his remarks about childless cat ladies. Both of those men said the things they said because that is what the base wants to hear. But now the duo is running a national campaign, and under circumstances much changed from a week or two ago. They don't want to anger centrist voters with extreme rhetoric, but they don't want to anger the base by backing down from the extreme rhetoric, either. And they are dealing with this by explaining that it's all very clear and mumble, mumble, mumble.

BTW for thise of you unfamiliar with the
“Minnesota Nice” vernacular, “ weird” is a pretty strong negative description. A translation is much closer to “ batshit insane” than to “odd”.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To avoid debating Kamala Harris
Is he really ascared of a debate for real this time, though?

A debate is what eliminated his last opponent.
His last opponent wasn’t a prosecutor who is used to dealing with liars.
I predict Trump won’t show up.

Trump wavers on Harris debate, says he could 'make a case' for skipping

Coward.

Back
Top Bottom