• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

I was talking about the difference between inclusion due to belief in diversity and what made Hitler racist, but whatever, goes over the heads of some people.
There are two very different viewpoints involved, and they frequently fail to cross anywhere.

(1) On the one hand, there's the view that you seem to be expressing here: that intentional inclusion for the sake of diversity is a noble endeavor. For this group of people, the primary goal is diversity.
(2) On the other hand, there's the view that if decisions are made on the content of one's character, then diversity will be a naturally occurring outcome of that process. For this group of people, the primary goal is excellence.
(3) On the gripping hand, there *are* some actual racists and sexists out there

People cannot simultaneously hold views (1) and (2). A current source of antipathy is because many people who hold view (1) seem to think that anyone who doesn't hold that view are in group (3), and they seem unable to understand that a great many people genuinely hold view (2).

Who gained the moat from the calculated risk NABJ took by inviting Trump to be a guest at their annual meeting? Who played who?

Who gained the moat from the calculated risk NABJ took by inviting Trump to be a guest at their annual meeting? Who played who?
Yes, Trump's base will lap it up. But Trump had them already. Trump is trying to court the "black vote". I guess he thought he had nothing to lose, but he was wrong.

In my view, Mr Trump's perfomance at that NABJ was way worse in every respect than MR Biden's debate performance

Yes, Trump's base will lap it up. But Trump had them already. Trump is trying to court the "black vote".
Trump doesn't need the black vote. He needs the black vote to stay home. He is trying to convince blacks that Harris is a black fraud.
I guess he thought he had nothing to lose, but he was wrong.
It is a double edged sword, but Trump has had unique success using such things.
In my view, Mr Trump's perfomance at that NABJ was way worse in every respect than MR Biden's debate performance
I disagree. Trump's performance at the NABJ event was not unexpected. Worse yet, it was planned and the alt-right is pushing the narrative. Biden's debate performance was not part of the plan.

I was talking about the difference between inclusion due to belief in diversity and what made Hitler racist, but whatever, goes over the heads of some people.
There are two very different viewpoints involved, and they frequently fail to cross anywhere.

(1) On the one hand, there's the view that you seem to be expressing here: that intentional inclusion for the sake of diversity is a noble endeavor. For this group of people, the primary goal is diversity.
(2) On the other hand, there's the view that if decisions are made on the content of one's character, then diversity will be a naturally occurring outcome of that process. For this group of people, the primary goal is excellence.
(4) On the other other hand, it is complicated, there is nuance, and real life can't easily be divided into 2 or 3 camps, just as candidate qualification for a job isn't remotely as objective as some want to pretend.
People cannot simultaneously hold views (1) and (2).
That's okay, 1 and 2 are not the only options.

People cannot simultaneously hold views (1) and (2). A current source of antipathy is because many people who hold view (1) seem to think that anyone who doesn't hold that view are in group (3), and they seem unable to understand that a great many people genuinely hold view (2).
I think there are quite a few in group #3. But that doesn't mean that those of us in group #2 who say that things have gone too far are #3s.

We need the exact opposite. We don't need to the media to be reminding people that Trump is saying stupid or racist stuff.
What we need isn’t related to why I posted that. It was to illustrate the shit they’ve been unfairly doing to Biden forever, and how it (now exclusively) applies to Cheato.
That is true. The press generally keeps reporting Trump saying stupid stuff, but doesn't make the next step wondering about whether he is a viable candidate and up to the job.

It is official official. Harris is the Democrat nominee.

article said:
The more than 4,000 convention delegates had until Monday to submit their ballots, but no other candidate qualified to challenge Harris, making her selection all but certain. Still, the formal nomination ascent of the first woman of color to lead a presidential ticket marks a milestone for a nation long riven by racial and gender issues.

“I am honored to be the presumptive Democratic nominee for president of the United States,” Harris said on a call with supporters. “And I will tell you the tireless work of our delegates, our state leaders and staff has been pivotal in making this moment possible.”
The ticket will be named shortly. Forget if it'll be this weekend.

Yes, Trump's base will lap it up. But Trump had them already. Trump is trying to court the "black vote".
Trump doesn't need the black vote. He needs the black vote to stay home. He is trying to convince blacks that Harris is a black fraud.
Actually, Trump needs all the votes he can get in the battleground states. If he is trying to get the black vote to stay home, that performance was an odd way to do it.
I disagree. Trump's performance at the NABJ event was not unexpected. Worse yet, it was planned and the alt-right is pushing the narrative. Biden's debate performance was not part of the plan.
Of course they say it was PLANNED. Otherwise, Trump looks like a clueless asshole. But if it was planned, wouldn't announcing that performance was planned sort of negate the "black vote staying home" strategy?

Actually, Trump needs all the votes he can get in the battleground states.
Whether blacks are voting 80-20 or 90-10, it is a huge deficit he faces. So every 100 blacks the alt-right can convince to stay home because Harris is a 'fraud', that is a net-gain of 60 to 90 votes for Trump.
If he is trying to get the black vote to stay home, that performance was an odd way to do it.
Trump won in 2016. I only question why his unorthodox campaigning works, not whether it works. His use of bringing up Harris's race was planned, not an out of the blue moment. So I have to interpret that as intentional and a campaign strategy.
Of course they say it was PLANNED.
I said it was planned. The alt-right media played on it immediately. The event he held later that day was showing images of articles trying to demonstrate it. We had at least one poster here gaslight on it.
But if it was planned, wouldn't announcing that performance was planned sort of negate the "black vote staying home" strategy?
I don't recall them saying it was part of a prepared statement. I'm saying it is part of an ugly strategy to try and convince minority blacks who might now vote as often to stay at home.

It’s an incel platform, dude.
It’s SUPER weird.
And people need to know.
Using "incel" as a generic sexist insult is such a juvenile thing to do, but absolutely on brand for Sandy Wormtongue.
This is actually an interesting topic having to do with new problems arising from internet use, e.g. the resulting drop in social skills and ability for small but like-minded individuals to have an over represented presence. But that's way off topic.

Oh, and Trump is a gigantic rotting orange cunt.

Back
Top Bottom