• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Stable Genius said:
Don’t worry about the future. You have to vote on Nov. 5. After that, you don’t have to worry about voting anymore. I don’t care, because we’re going to fix it. The country will be fixed and we won’t even need your vote anymore, because frankly we will have such love, if you don’t want to vote anymore, that’s OK.
This is in response to a lobbed softball by Laura Ingraham with her almost on her knees begging Trump to say he didn't mean elections wouldn't be held in 2028 if he won in 2024. Trump also informed her that Christians "vote in very small percentages".

Stable Genius said:
Don’t worry about the future. You have to vote on Nov. 5. After that, you don’t have to worry about voting anymore. I don’t care, because we’re going to fix it. The country will be fixed and we won’t even need your vote anymore, because frankly we will have such love, if you don’t want to vote anymore, that’s OK.
This is in response to a lobbed softball by Laura Ingraham with her almost on her knees begging Trump to say he didn't mean elections wouldn't be held in 2028 if he won in 2024. Trump also informed her that Christians "vote in very small percentages".
I lack the vocabulary to express my fear for the future if my country if there are enough voters who were not going to vote who are persuaded by that promise byTrump to go to the polls and get him elected. “We are royally fucked” doesn’t come close.

mcfly-back.gif

It began with a group of black women on a Zoom call who hit a million-dollar fundraising target in about three hours.

A series of similar Zooms have followed, targeting other groups on behalf of the Kamala Harris presidential campaign.

The latest on Monday night was a three-hour call titled "White Dudes for Harris", which organisers say attracted 190,000 people and raised more than $4m (£3.1m) in donations.

High-profile celebrities and politicians were among those present.

The US vice-president's bid for the top job is barely more than a week old. Still, it is harnessing a grassroots energy that did not exist for President Joe Biden, with supporters using modern video conferencing to reach motivated voters and fundraise virtually.

In the past week - roughly 100 days from Election Day - the campaign has raised $200m (£155m) and signed up more than 170,000 new volunteers.

And unlike big donors who helped persuade Mr Biden to step aside and end his run just days ago, it is hundreds of thousands of ordinary Democrats now generating "Kamalamentum".

Call attendance began in the tens of thousands - already a feat given Zoom meetings are usually restricted to 1,000 participants. But since then, two calls have drawn more than 150,000 people. Zoom did not respond to requests for comment on this story.

Republicans have criticised some of the identity-based virtual gatherings as "racist" and "desperate" pandering to liberal voters.
But while some may cringe at such overt use of identity to campaign, the impact of these virtual events is being taken seriously.

The Zoom sessions are "a signal that there is enormous enthusiasm out there for her candidacy," said Republican consultant and pollster Whit Ayres.

And, he said, it would be a mistake for Republicans to criticise the identity-based sessions.
“It backfires when you start attacking people because of their identity. Because everyone else who shares their identity feels like you're attacking them.''

Trump donated to a Black / South Asian woman? I thought he was racist and sexist.
Hitler had a Jewish doctor. Does that mean Hitler wasn't racist?
Biden had a mixed black and south Asian female employee. Does that mean Biden isn't racist and sexist?

Take a guess as to what made Hitler a racist and then you have your answer.
So Biden and Hitler are both racist by your terms. Good to know.

Trump donated to a Black / South Asian woman? I thought he was racist and sexist.
Biden had a mixed black and south Asian female employee. Does that mean Biden isn't racist and sexist?

Lmao, no. Come on, use some brain cells, it's not that hard.

Lmao, no.
Perhaps then you should make direct statements instead of snide implications.

Hitler had a Jewish doctor. Biden had a Black employee. What's the difference?

Lmao, no.

Wow, defense of Hitler. You do realize he did other things than hire a Jewish doctor, right?

Lmao, no.

... Biden isn't putting black people in ovens. Again, this isn't that hard.

Lmao, no.

So, would you say that Hitler did not become more racist than Trump until 1941?

Lmao, no.

To the best of my knowledge, neither is Trump. I still don't know what point you're trying to make.

Lmao, no.

To the best of my knowledge, neither is Trump. I still don't know what point you're trying to make.

I was talking about the difference between inclusion due to belief in diversity and what made Hitler racist, but whatever, goes over the heads of some people.

Back
Top Bottom