• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

LP, maybe Trump thinks that Project 2025 will not fail.

Besides... SCOTUS. He could be correct and merely talking out of turn. You know how he loves to boast about the things he knows as President. He's worse than I am.

It is possible that he means the only need the massive turnout this time, so they can "fix" the "broken" voting system we have in America. After all, Trump "won" the popular vote in 2016. After they fix it, winning elections will be easier.

That is the kindest spin I can provide to it, without it making it look like he wasn't insinuating a dictatorship. But even with the spin, it is a terribly ugly lie.

But you originally paraphrased the long version out of context, and that generated the talking point that the person who posted the short clip wanted. Having seen the video clip, people will take the out-of-context version as her saying that young people are stupid. In the context of the actual speech, she was making a wry comment, not one intended to be taken literally. Now, after you posted your original comment, you come back and show that the original remark wasn't intended quite the way it looks in the clip, but the meme is already out there. Some people will read that post and maybe skip over your contextualization of it. This is a good example of how social media can misinform us and distort the facts.
Honestly, I don't think knowing the context or seeing a longer clip really helps clarify things all that much, does it?
Okay, so you are saying you can't tell that it was hyperbole in the form of humor in order to set into a more nuanced discussion on young people and crime?

Don't forget, you think OK is a white power symbol because 4chan told you so.
Nope. Never said that. I did say context and nuance matters though. I'm sorry that's so difficult for you.

But here's a thought! I know you ain't white boi. So why don't'cha give Trump a hand and fill out this booth? But me calling it out is the patronizing part, right?

I look forward to you explaining why what I posted is less offensive to the picture I tagged. Dinesh D'Souza also wants to know.
You're a two-party-system supporter, you'd do better in that boot than me.

It sounds more like they’ll fix it so that they will always win even if they don’t vote. Not necessarily that *he* will win.

The only reason you “wouldn’t have to vote” is if the election is already rigged.

I look forward to you explaining why what I posted is less offensive to the picture I tagged. Dinesh D'Souza also wants to know.
You're a two-party-system supporter, you'd do better in that boot than me.
I can't speak for Patooka, but I'm a believer in an effective multiparty system, not in vanity Presidential runs. That is why I support proportional representation.

Mentioned earlier, but Trump looks like he's wimping out:
Trump campaign says it won’t commit to Harris debate until she’s confirmed as nominee | CNN Politics
Harris says she’s 'ready to debate Donald Trump' | AP News

He did better than JB because he seemed vigorous while JB seemed feeble, but KH is at least as vigorous as he is, and it will be his turn to seem old and decrepit.

LP, maybe Trump thinks that Project 2025 will not fail.

Besides... SCOTUS. He could be correct and merely talking out of turn. You know how he loves to boast about the things he knows as President. He's worse than I am.
If The Felon wins then P2025 will succeed and the 2028 ballot won't be important. But I don't think The Felon even realizes this--rather, he (at least pretends he) thinks he can fix everything. He wins, there won't be problems anymore, 2028 won't be an important election. I think statement of his is simply an example of stupidity, not malice.

It is possible that he means the only need the massive turnout this time, so they can "fix" the "broken" voting system we have in America. After all, Trump "won" the popular vote in 2016. After they fix it, winning elections will be easier.

That is the kindest spin I can provide to it, without it making it look like he wasn't insinuating a dictatorship. But even with the spin, it is a terribly ugly lie.
"Lie" assumes he knows he's not telling the truth. You think he has enough mind left to comprehend the overall situation??

It sounds more like they’ll fix it so that they will always win even if they don’t vote. Not necessarily that *he* will win.

The only reason you “wouldn’t have to vote” is if the election is already rigged.
Disagree. If everything's fixed there's no crisis and it's not really important who is the president.

In the same speech he was talking about creating a federal anti-Christian bias task force, which would be the thought police, so there's no reason to have a charitable interpretation of it.

Disagree. If everything's fixed there's no crisis and it's not really important who is the president.
Fixed is a complicated word.

It could mean repaired and ready to be put back in service. It could mean rigged so that it only works for the people who rigged it. It could mean neutered.

It could mean other things. But those are the three that seem most appropriate for the discussion.
Tom

The 13 Keys again: Allan Lichtman: Kamala Harris victory depends on four 'key' issues, says presidential historian
  1. Party mandate: ❌
  2. No primary contest: ✅ then ✅ - KH quickly got the support of the party after JB stepped down
  3. Incumbent seeking re-election: ✅ then ❌ - me: ❓because KH is JB's VP
  4. No third party: ✅ - RFK Jr. is not very significant
  5. Strong short-term economy: ✅
  6. Strong long-term economy: ✅
  7. Major policy change: ✅ - me: ❓
  8. No social unrest: ✅ - the pro-Palestine demonstrations have fizzled out for now
  9. No scandal: ✅
  10. No foreign or military failure: ❌ - pullout from Afghanistan was a disaster, the Gaza war isn't that great
  11. Major foreign or military success: ❌
  12. Charismatic incumbent: ❌ then ❌ - me: ❓in reference to KH after JB stepped down
  13. Uncharismatic challenger: ✅
AL predicts incumbent-party victory for number of false keys <= 5, defeat if >= 6. So the election will be a squeaker.

The Observer view: Kamala Harris has risen above doubters, now she must stay on high ground | Observer editorial | The Guardian

Kamala Harris Has a Charisma Problem: Poll - Newsweek

I don’t think that is what he meant. I can’t imagine anything being “fixed” from a Christian point of view such that it would never matter anymore who is President. Maybe genocide of all non-Christians in the USA?

But people would still need to vote for there to be a President.

Nothing you wrote makes any sense to me. Maybe you just wanted to be a contrarian?

"Lie" assumes he knows he's not telling the truth.
I've said before: Rump has a complete DISREGARD for the truth. He doesn't know or care what the truth is. He works by the theory that if you say something loud enough and often enough, people will come to believe it. And of course he is demented enough to believe his own shit.

Whomever Harris picks as her running mate Mark Kelly, son of police officers, fighter pilot, astronaut, and spouse of the year, I hope she presents him more as a partner who doesn't live in the shadows. Is it a fear of being challenged by your VP the next go around that keeps VPs out of the spotlight? Seems rather petty and a waste of a valuable resource. Harris was underutilized and I hope she has learned from the experience.

Back
Top Bottom