• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Will this gain any traction, or just be another thing forgotten next week?

Sorry, it is about $10 million "gift".

Will the "October Surprise" be a deliberate recession?
Thom Hartmann said:
Is the Fed Chair “trying to get Donald Trump elected” by keeping rates high? The anti-corruption watchdog group Revolving Door Project is claiming that lifetime Republican and former commercial banker Jerome Powell, now the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, is “trying to get Donald Trump elected.” Fully two months ago, Powell noted that “this is no longer an overheated economy” and “the labor market appears to be fully back in balance.” Yesterday’s jobs numbers ... suggest the economy is on the verge of tipping into recession, an event that Trump yesterday pointed out and proclaimed is happening because of “Kamalanomics.” The Project’s Executive Director Jeff Hauser was explicit: “That Powell’s Fed still refuses to lower interest rates—after Trump said that rates shouldn’t be lowered before the election—raises questions about the central bank’s independence. Whether the Fed keeps rates high or brings them down, one of two presidential candidates will benefit. While lower rates would provide much-needed economic relief to the American people, Powell has instead chosen to stick it to the people and give an electoral boost to Trump.” Senator Elizabeth Warren yesterday called on the Fed chair to “cancel his summer vacation” and “lower interest rates now.” The warnings signs are flashing bright red — with worldwide declines in stock market indexes — and if Powell and the Fed don’t lower interest rates at least a half point within the next few weeks, it’ll be safe to conclude that Hauser is exactly right in his diagnosis of this situation.

Will the "October Surprise" be a deliberate recession?
Thom Hartmann said:
Is the Fed Chair “trying to get Donald Trump elected” by keeping rates high? The anti-corruption watchdog group Revolving Door Project is claiming that lifetime Republican and former commercial banker Jerome Powell, now the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, is “trying to get Donald Trump elected.” Fully two months ago, Powell noted that “this is no longer an overheated economy” and “the labor market appears to be fully back in balance.” Yesterday’s jobs numbers ... suggest the economy is on the verge of tipping into recession, an event that Trump yesterday pointed out and proclaimed is happening because of “Kamalanomics.” The Project’s Executive Director Jeff Hauser was explicit: “That Powell’s Fed still refuses to lower interest rates—after Trump said that rates shouldn’t be lowered before the election—raises questions about the central bank’s independence. Whether the Fed keeps rates high or brings them down, one of two presidential candidates will benefit. While lower rates would provide much-needed economic relief to the American people, Powell has instead chosen to stick it to the people and give an electoral boost to Trump.” Senator Elizabeth Warren yesterday called on the Fed chair to “cancel his summer vacation” and “lower interest rates now.” The warnings signs are flashing bright red — with worldwide declines in stock market indexes — and if Powell and the Fed don’t lower interest rates at least a half point within the next few weeks, it’ll be safe to conclude that Hauser is exactly right in his diagnosis of this situation.

The rate needs to be lowered. Next week. There's no more excuses for it to be kept this high. Mortgage rates are already starting to come down.

Inside the “Big Weirdo” Political Strategy That Democrats Are Using to Taunt Republicans | Vanity Fair - "Taking the high road hasn’t worked for the Democrats. Progressive strategists have realized that it’s time for the party to get petty."
Yes, the left’s latest talking point has emerged, and it’s passive aggressive and petty as hell: Those Republicans are straight-up weird. It’d be mortifying to actually vote for them.

This was just one of the takeaways in the release, titled “Statement on a 78-Year-Old Criminal’s Fox News Appearance,” pointing out erratic and flustered behavior from Trump, and positing that “when Trump wasn’t lying, he was making threats.” Another bullet point reads, “This guy shouldn’t be president ever again.”

Harris has been beating the weird drum since at least 2018, when, CNN reported, she was confronted with the idea of debating Trump in a hypothetical 2020 run. During prep, she pondered how she’d respond if Trump reprised how he behaved during his debate with Hillary Clinton in 2016, stalking back and forth and lurking over her shoulder.

Harris said she’d simply turn around and ask him, “Why are you being so weird?”

It’s become the Democrats’ go-to taunt for their opposition.

It’s not new news, the “big weirdo” theory—it’s a strategy based on decades of bad vibes. Media Matters deputy director of rapid response Andrew Lawrence has long held the opinion that Republicans are “weird freaks,” and has peppered the phrase through his posts. He tells VF that naturally he feels a little vindicated, but also that “mockery is such an effective tool against these people.”

“I think it’s a very effective method, and I think it also has the benefit of being incredibly true,” he says.

Why Democrats calling Republicans ‘weird’ works so well - The Washington Post - "Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and others are finding new potency in calling the Republicans as they see them: not normal."
“I wish knew a better way to describe it,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) replied. “Your party’s obsession with drag shows is creepy. Your candidate’s idea to strip the vote away from people without kids is weird. The right wing book banning crusade is super odd. It’s just so so far outside the mainstream.”

A central pillar of Trump’s campaign is the idea that liberals are perverted misfits who want to tear down American values. Married men and women who have children are normal, but couples without children, or parents without partners, or children with two dads, or women who have two children but also once had an abortion — those people are morally deficient. All of this is old-school puritanism, but Trump brought it all into a pep rally atmosphere. Not only was it morally correct to pass judgment, but it was also festive and fun. They were strong; libs were weak. They were right; libs were wrong. They were with the prom king, who was telling them they were awesome, and the libs were outcasts in the library, probably being read to by a drag queen.

“Weird” intrudes on that narrative. ...

NABJ president: Trump interview delayed over fact-checking dispute, not audio issues

Ken Lemon, the president of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), said Wednesday’s interview with former President Trump was delayed over a fact-checking dispute, not because of audio issues, as the GOP presidential nominee claimed.

Lemon told Axios he was called back to address an issue just moments before Trump took to the stage. The former president did not want to be fact-checked live and was refusing to begin the interview, he said.

“[Trump’s team] said, ‘Well, can you not fact-check? He’s not going to take the stage if you fact-check,’” Lemon said.

The NABJ’s decision to interview Trump came under criticism, including from some of its members. The question-and-answer was at times tense, as ABC’s Rachel Scott pressed the former president over his past comments about Black voters.

The interview was delayed more than an hour before Trump took the stage with Scott, Fox News’s Harris Faulkner and Semafor’s Kadia Goba.

NABJ president: Trump interview delayed over fact-checking dispute, not audio issues

Ken Lemon, the president of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), said Wednesday’s interview with former President Trump was delayed over a fact-checking dispute, not because of audio issues, as the GOP presidential nominee claimed.

Lemon told Axios he was called back to address an issue just moments before Trump took to the stage. The former president did not want to be fact-checked live and was refusing to begin the interview, he said.

“[Trump’s team] said, ‘Well, can you not fact-check? He’s not going to take the stage if you fact-check,’” Lemon said.

The NABJ’s decision to interview Trump came under criticism, including from some of its members. The question-and-answer was at times tense, as ABC’s Rachel Scott pressed the former president over his past comments about Black voters.

The interview was delayed more than an hour before Trump took the stage with Scott, Fox News’s Harris Faulkner and Semafor’s Kadia Goba.
The NABJ should have come out during the drlay and said something like “We apologise for the delay. Mr Trump is unwilling to appear whete there is live fact-checking.”

The NABJ should have come out during the drlay and said something like “We apologise for the delay. Mr Trump is unwilling to appear whete there is live fact-checking.”

The good guys should do a lot of things. Can you imagine the screeching and 24-hour coverage if the Ds did something even a tenth as evil and inane as the Orange Psychopath and his Lickers do routinely?

... But of course had the NABJ done as you suggest the screeching and whining from the Lickers would have gone on for days; lawsuits would have been filed.

Update:
Sen. Tim Scott marries interior designer Mindy Noce in South Carolina church ceremony
The couple made their first public appearance at the third GOP Presidential Primary debate last November following speculation about the South Carolina senator’s love life.

Before the appearance, Scott said he wouldn’t drag Noce “onto the campaign trail unless I have the intention of marrying her.”

Scott, a lifelong bachelor, asked Noce to marry him on South Carolina’s Kiawah Island in January, announcing their engagement through a social media post.

“She said YES,” Scott tweeted on Jan. 21 alongside photos of the couple on the beach on Kiawah Island. “Mindy, thank you for making me the luckiest man in the world.”
He ran for President as a Republican from May to November of 2023.
 2024 Republican Party presidential primaries

I watched a few minutes of the Trump rally in Atlanta last night and I wanted to vomit. He told the same insane lies to 10,000 people. He never mentioned a single policy he supported. It was all about bashing Harris, the most far left, terrible VP that the US ever had, his words, not mine. He even said she was much further to the left than Bernie Sanders. I wonder if Bernie agrees with that. He said he was sure he would win Georgia in a landslide. Not unless he cheats, imo.

One of his tricks was to make sure that his tiny number of Black supporters were right up front in the view of the camera. At first I thought it was just me who noticed that, but then I read in one of my favorite papers that he did it on purpose. I wondered if he paid those people to act like they were crazy about him. ;)

Then a bunch of people who couldn't get into the rally, due to it reaching capacity, claimed they were purposely being kept outside. Gee. Don't they know anything about the safety issues with over filling a stadium. They tried to blame U. of Georgia for being to liberal to let them in or some bullshit like that. There were some anti Trump protesters outside, so the police had to put up fencing to keep the two groups apart. At least there was no violence. That was the best part.

Clearly this visual helps perpetuate the stereotype of the Midwest being populated by overweight poorly dressed and uninformed rubes.

I am not even kidding.

I'm not sure I even get what the message is. I keep looking for a video link or something to see what it is they are supposed to be saying, but not finding it. Someone help me out here.

Clearly this visual helps perpetuate the stereotype of the Midwest being populated by overweight poorly dressed and uninformed rubes.

I am not even kidding.

I'm not sure I even get what the message is. I keep looking for a video link or something to see what it is they are supposed to be saying, but not finding it. Someone help me out here.

Me either which makes me think the visual is the message

I am not even kidding.

Me either which makes me think the visual is the message

Yep. Fat, dumb people who live in flyover states. Par for the course on this forum.

By the way, ignore the polls. I keep seeing people talking about polls but everyone already knows the polls made it seem like Hillary was going to win in 2016 and she didn't. No idea why people still take them seriously. Screw the fucking polls.

By the way, ignore the polls. I keep seeing people talking about polls but everyone already knows the polls made it seem like Hillary was going to win in 2016 and she didn't. No idea why people still take them seriously. Screw the fucking polls.

I somewhat agree. HRC did win in 2016 by 3 million votes. Of course it's much more difficult to predict the EC. I don't disagree with your point. I see the value in polls as more showing trends. Clearly, Biden in poll after poll was drifting down after the debate. After he drops out and Harris takes the national spotlight, every poll that I've seen has her going up. Trump trending down.

I somewhat agree. HRC did win in 2016 by 3 million votes. Of course it's much more difficult to predict the EC.

But that’s the only poll result that should matter. The popular vote is just a curiosity in our current system.

The polls were actually quite accurate in 2016, and on election eve it was indicated that Trump was slightly behind in the popular vote but within the margin of error of the polls, and that the Electoral College was a tossup.

The polls were actually quite accurate in 2016, and on election eve it was indicated that Trump was slightly behind in the popular vote but within the margin of error of the polls, and that the Electoral College was a tossup.

Seems like the idea that Hillary "had it in the bag" was even more delusional if the polls still showed the race was close.

Back
Top Bottom