• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

well... he lost the valued vigilante vote. Kyle Rittenhouse has written off Trump, for not being sufficiently for the 2nd amendment. (more like not being in favor of the fantasy 2A that gun nuts believe in)

Of course he is facing backlash from the MAGA cult

We need the exact opposite. We don't need to the media to be reminding people that Trump is saying stupid or racist stuff.
Yes we do. It is part of the pointing out incompetency. But the media needs to focus on his plans as well.
I actually think pointing out Trump’s incompetence is a must do (among other things).
Sure it’s a yawner for the 5-8% of the population that has been paying attention, but most people (lots of people, the best people blah blah) have no idea what an utterly malicious, self serving and stupid person he is or what a danger his mental problems, legal problems, money problems and ketchup throwing arrested emotional development represent for America if he’s elected. It’s news to them. As is the ease with which those personal shortcomings can be converted to kompromat and corruption by anyone with means, like f’rinstance the richest despot in the world…

I was talking about the difference between inclusion due to belief in diversity and what made Hitler racist, but whatever, goes over the heads of some people.
There are two very different viewpoints involved, and they frequently fail to cross anywhere.

(1) On the one hand, there's the view that you seem to be expressing here: that intentional inclusion for the sake of diversity is a noble endeavor. For this group of people, the primary goal is diversity.
(2) On the other hand, there's the view that if decisions are made on the content of one's character, then diversity will be a naturally occurring outcome of that process. For this group of people, the primary goal is excellence.
(3) On the gripping hand, there *are* some actual racists and sexists out there
(4) On the other other hand, it is complicated, there is nuance, and real life can't easily be divided into 2 or 3 camps, just as candidate qualification for a job isn't remotely as objective as some want to pretend.
I kind of assumed that goes without saying...
People cannot simultaneously hold views (1) and (2).
That's okay, 1 and 2 are not the only options.
Oooh, I suppose I should be happy that I had three options then. Anyway, of course they're not the only options. Sort of like "Trump is Hitler" isn't the only explanation for his behavior. Nor is "Harris is a DEI Hire" the only option under consideration.

It would be refreshing if I weren't the only person being called out for oversimplification.

Haven't we had eight solid years of pretty much exactly that? Trump hasn't been out of the news for a really long time, and he definitely hasn't been out of the cross-hairs since what... late 2015? I don't even remember when it started. I don't know what teaandravens wants that is different from what is already happening.

Honestly, any additional focus on Trump has a reasonable likelihood of just boosting attention.

I was talking about the difference between inclusion due to belief in diversity and what made Hitler racist, but whatever, goes over the heads of some people.
There are two very different viewpoints involved, and they frequently fail to cross anywhere.

(1) On the one hand, there's the view that you seem to be expressing here: that intentional inclusion for the sake of diversity is a noble endeavor. For this group of people, the primary goal is diversity.
(2) On the other hand, there's the view that if decisions are made on the content of one's character, then diversity will be a naturally occurring outcome of that process. For this group of people, the primary goal is excellence.

People cannot simultaneously hold views (1) and (2). A current source of antipathy is because many people who hold view (1) seem to think that anyone who doesn't hold that view are in group (3), and they seem unable to understand that a great many people genuinely hold view (2).
I think there are quite a few in group #3. But that doesn't mean that those of us in group #2 who say that things have gone too far are #3s.
I think there are certainly some in group #3, it's definitely not an empty set. I just don't think there are as many as some people here seem to think. Like, if I had to swag the US... (with a tip of the hat to Jimmy to acknowledge that yes, there are more than just the three categories), I'd say it's something like 40% in group #1, 55% in group #2, and 5% in group #3.

Although, I'll also say that those percentages differ significantly by age. I'd guess boomers have a higher percentage of group #3, Gen-X has a much higher percent in group #2, and group #1 increases a lot for Millennials.

well... he lost the valued vigilante vote. Kyle Rittenhouse has written off Trump, for not being sufficiently for the 2nd amendment. (more like not being in favor of the fantasy 2A that gun nuts believe in)

Update: he has already backed down

My guess is a lot of Trump gun nuts threatened him. I highly doubt any of them were Trump campaign officials.

My guess is a lot of Trump gun nuts threatened him. I highly doubt any of them were Trump campaign officials.

Since when does Kyle Back down from threats?

I highly doubt any of them were Trump campaign officials.
Who knows. Beyond the obvious fact that he is an easily “triggered” coward, it wouldn’t take much of a nudge to put the little dipstick back on track.

I highly doubt any of them were Trump campaign officials.
Who knows. Beyond the obvious fact that he is an easily “triggered” coward, it wouldn’t take much of a nudge to put the little dipstick back on track.
Probably because he is very aware of the violent proclivities of his "fans", who are extremely likely to respond to Trump and anything he suggested.
Who more so than him?
Tom

Breaking News

$10M cash withdrawal drove secret probe into whether Trump took money from Egypt

Inside the state-run National Bank of Egypt, employees were soon busy placing bundles of $100 bills into two large bags, according to records from the bank. Four men arrived and carried away the bags, which U.S. officials later described in sealed court filings as weighing a combined 200 pounds and containing what was then a sizable share of Egypt’s reserve of U.S. currency.

Federal investigators learned of the withdrawal, which has not been previously reported, early in 2019. The discovery intensified a secret criminal investigation that had begun two years earlier with classified U.S. intelligence indicating that Egyptian President Abdel Fatah El-Sisi sought to give Trump $10 million to boost his 2016 presidential campaign, a Washington Post investigation has found.

Since receiving the intelligence about Sisi, the Justice Department had been examining whether money moved from Cairo to Trump, potentially violating federal law that bans U.S. candidates from taking foreign funds. Investigators had also sought to learn if money from Sisi might have factored into Trump’s decision in the final days of his run for the White House to inject his campaign with $10 million of his own money.
Those questions, at least in the view of several investigators on the case, would never be answered, The Post found.

Within months of learning of the withdrawal, prosecutors and FBI agents were blocked by top Justice Department officials from obtaining bank records they believed might hold critical evidence, according to interviews with people familiar with the case as well as documents and contemporaneous notes of the investigation. The case ground to a halt by the fall of 2019 as Trump’s then-attorney general, William P. Barr, raised doubts about whether there was sufficient evidence to continue the probe of Trump.

Vance on CNN

"We certainly want these Americans to come back home.
But we have to ask ourselves, why are they coming home? And I think it's because bad guys all over the world recognize Donald Trump's about to be back in office, so they're cleaning house. That's a good thing and I think it's a testament to Donald Trump's strength"

:picardfacepalm:

People cannot simultaneously hold views (1) and (2). A current source of antipathy is because many people who hold view (1) seem to think that anyone who doesn't hold that view are in group (3), and they seem unable to understand that a great many people genuinely hold view (2).
I think there are quite a few in group #3. But that doesn't mean that those of us in group #2 who say that things have gone too far are #3s.
I think there are certainly some in group #3, it's definitely not an empty set. I just don't think there are as many as some people here seem to think. Like, if I had to swag the US... (with a tip of the hat to Jimmy to acknowledge that yes, there are more than just the three categories), I'd say it's something like 40% in group #1, 55% in group #2, and 5% in group #3.

Although, I'll also say that those percentages differ significantly by age. I'd guess boomers have a higher percentage of group #3, Gen-X has a much higher percent in group #2, and group #1 increases a lot for Millennials.
I think there are a lot more #3s than that. Most of them are going to be hiding their beliefs.

Probably because he is very aware of the violent proclivities of his "fans",
Lulz! I agree and believe that in clusters of Trumper residents, many are afraid of each other
As is the ease with which those personal shortcomings can be converted to kompromat and corruption by anyone with means, like f’rinstance the richest despot in the world
Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud?
Sure. Are they truly despotic?

Probably because he is very aware of the violent proclivities of his "fans",
Lulz! I agree and believe that in clusters of Trumper residents, many are afraid of each other
As is the ease with which those personal shortcomings can be converted to kompromat and corruption by anyone with means, like f’rinstance the richest despot in the world
Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud?
Sure. Are they truly despotic?

Saudi Arabia's "Unrestrained Despotism": Daily Brief

Back
Top Bottom