• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Yeah I don't think so.
Really? You missed the video of Trump supporters pulling a noose out of their purse or something?

Yeah, it happened. And was one of the highlights of the Trump insurrection, heavily documented.
Maybe your ideological bubble of news didn't bother mentioning that their president was trying to get his followers to execute his vice president, but the rest of us saw it.
And heard it.
Tom
View attachment 47865
does that look functional or merely decorative?
Decorative. Look how the rope doesn't hang straight. I don't think this was built by someone who actually knew how to build something that would work. On the other hand, I suspect it was intended to be functional.

Yeah I don't think so.
Really? You missed the video of Trump supporters pulling a noose out of their purse or something?

Yeah, it happened. And was one of the highlights of the Trump insurrection, heavily documented.
Maybe your ideological bubble of news didn't bother mentioning that their president was trying to get his followers to execute his vice president, but the rest of us saw it.
And heard it.
Tom
View attachment 47865
That has Biden written on it. Plus, it looks like its made for hanging midgets.
Yes, symbolic. And, I don't think any of the Gravy Seals could really do it.

The Ghanaian govt considers him a flight risk i.e. won't return if he leaves.
Why does Ghana care?
The same reason East Germany did. You can't run a country, if everyone gets sick of your shit and wanders off. So you either have to run the country passably well, or stop people from leaving.

Many countries find it far easier to take the latter approach.
Yup. I have been in a decent number of countries. Only in second world countries has there been any appreciable exit formalities.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Hello everyone! I have something incredible to share today, as we are introducing the launch of our Official Trump Coins!
The ONLY OFFICIAL coin designed by me-and proudly minted here in the U.S.A. The President Donald J. Trump First Edition Silver Medallion will be available starting Wednesday, 9/25/24, EXCLUSIVELY at realtrumpcoins.com. Sign up today! @realtrumpcoins1

:cheer:

Homeland security making up terrorism claims to support The Felon.

More about the book that Vance wrote a forward for. Originally subtitled “Burning Down Washington to Save America." Need more be said?

For practical purposes, scuttle the ACA:

article said:
The Ohio senator obliged. In describing Trump’s health care plan, he started off by saying “you want to make sure that pre-existing coverage — conditions — are covered.” Then he said people should be sorted into risk pools, instead of a “one-size-fits-all approach that puts a lot of people into the same insurance pools.”

In other words, what we had before. Get sick, premiums go through the roof.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Hello everyone! I have something incredible to share today, as we are introducing the launch of our Official Trump Coins!
The ONLY OFFICIAL coin designed by me-and proudly minted here in the U.S.A. The President Donald J. Trump First Edition Silver Medallion will be available starting Wednesday, 9/25/24, EXCLUSIVELY at realtrumpcoins.com. Sign up today! @realtrumpcoins1

So...can we call it Shitcoin?

More about the book that Vance wrote a forward for. Originally subtitled “Burning Down Washington to Save America." Need more be said?
He and the author are both friends of Peter Thiel (The billionaire Paypal tycoon who has funded most of his career along with mamy other alt-right politicians; his company Palantir is creating the tech infrastructure for the coming mass deportation scheme) and through him Thiel's other far right wing associates, critically Steve Bannon (who needs nobreintroduction) and wannabe social philosopher Curtis Yarvin (the guy who coined the phrase "red pilled", is internet daddy to a lot of the young men you know, and wants to devolve the fed gov into monarchic corporate city states ruled from Silicon Valley). Whatever Trump may believe, his closest associates are all dangerous, violent loonies.

article said:
The Ohio senator obliged. In describing Trump’s health care plan, he started off by saying “you want to make sure that pre-existing coverage — conditions — are covered.” Then he said people should be sorted into risk pools, instead of a “one-size-fits-all approach that puts a lot of people into the same insurance pools.”

The ultimate goal is for every individual to be their own risk pool. That would make the system least discriminatory against those who can most afford to pay for the benefits out of pocket. :unsure:

US Senate hopeful Bernie Moreno wants to do some mansplain' to the menopausin'.
Bernie Moreno said:
You know, the left has a lot of single-issue voters. Sadly, by the way, there’s a lot of suburban women, a lot of suburban women that are like, ‘Listen, abortion is it. If I can’t have an abortion in this country whenever I want, I will vote for anybody else.’ … Okay. It’s a little crazy, by the way, but — especially for women that are, like, past 50 — I’m thinking to myself, ‘I don’t think that’s an issue for you.’
Damage control time.
article said:
Moreno’s campaign said he was joking.
:picardfacepalm:
article said:
“Bernie was clearly making a tongue-in-cheek joke about how Sherrod Brown and members of the leftwing media like to pretend that the only issue that matters to women voters is abortion,” Moreno spokesperson Reagan McCarthy said in a statement. Moreno, McCarthy added, believes “that women voters care just as much about the economy, rising prices, crime, and our open southern border as male voters do.”
That was a joke? Conservatives are generally bad at comedy, but this wasn't a bad or poorly crafted joke. It wasn't remotely a joke. The dumbass said 50+ year old women shouldn't care about abortion because they don't need it.

article said:

The ultimate goal is for every individual to be their own risk pool. That would make the system least discriminatory against those who can most afford to pay for the benefits out of pocket. :unsure:
Trump should promise to make all medical liability suits against doctors, drug makers or sellers, and their employees illegal.
Caveat fucking emptor. Just watch costs go down!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

So...can we call it Shitcoin?
He is asking $100 for his silver medallion.
Spot is @$32.

Trump's edge on the economy has shrunk significantly, according to numerous polls. He had a 15-point lead over Biden in March; it's now only 6 points over Harris. Lower inflation, interest rates, gas prices, etc. are also causing consumer confidence to rise.

Naturally, too many people still think Trump is an economic genius, even though he inherited Obama's strong economy and nearly caused a depression by botching COVID. Also naturally, his campaign says the polls are all lies.

The Fed really messed up and gave some help to Trump. They were intentionally trying to pop up unemployment a little bit to reduce inflationary wage increases... and then let that "weakness" hold them back from a rate cut in June when we were ready for it. They knew they fucked up when they cut the rate 0.5 pts instead of a quarter.

I am surprised that Harris is tightening on the economy, about as much as I was surprised that people were confident of Trump doing well economically in the first place, but the GOP usually has a lead in that category, despite the Democrats doing well economy wise, both in booms and getting the US out of the ditch. Gas prices are dropping though, which helps people. I don't even know why they are dropping. I know they went up because Russia got stupid.

Harris's ascent has plateau'd and now we wait. Are those 48 to 49 going to be enough. So many states are polling close, NV, GA, NC, PA, WI, MI, AZ, and even FL. Trump needs to win almost all of them. Harris needs a handful.

The normal USA seasonal demand changes are partly responsible for gas price drops. Global demand is also down because other countries aren’t doing as well economically as we are.

That's true only in the minds of those who are too sexist and too racist to actually consider that a black woman might be the best person for the job. You don't have to continue to try to convince us of your views. We totally understand your reasoning.

BS. Biden was quite open and explicit about not considering any man for the position. The requirement that she be at least part black was not explicit (unlike with his DEI SCOTUS pick) but it became a de facto restriction after the George Floyd insurrection when honkeys like Amy "Mad Hatter" Klobuchar became untenable.

It is funny how the Left can at the same time be extremely supportive of DEI/affirmative action but at the same time also be adamant that it does not happen, and even that people who notice it happening are "too sexist and too racist".

AFAIK, there is no one named Brandon who has had any say at all about any choice as VP. Ever.
As if the Left does not have a whole arsenal of unflattering nicknames for Trump.
Trump took unflattering nicknames to the level of art, starting during his 2016 primary season. Complaining that other people do it is bizarrely hypocritical.
Tom

Trump took unflattering nicknames to the level of art, starting during his 2016 primary season. Complaining that other people do it is bizarrely hypocritical.
Tom
I am not talking about Trump. I am talking about being fine with nicknames about Trump but getting butthurt if somebody uses a nickname for Biden.

Back
Top Bottom