• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

The price dropped during Covid lockdown and restaurants were closed.
And we were whiping our asses with coffee filters.
What you were doing in the privacy of your own home is none of our business.

And "Whipping" is spelled with two P's.
Two P's and no H to be completely correct.
Where do they spell “whipping” with no ‘h’?
Micigan.

They don't. They spell it wiping.

Beware of a new scam.
I am now getting spam texts from go.demturnout.io
claiming 5x donation match. They are only a week old.
scam-detector.com gives them a very low score 12/100.
scamadviser.com gives them an extremely low score 1/100.
Amusingly, the scamadviser's demturnout page has 8 negative reviews from rival scammers.
Each review mentions a lost investment - demturnout is not an investment site.
Each review mentions crypto - demturnout does not ask for crypto.
Each review recommends a (scammer) site that got their money back - as if!
They are attempting to scam scamadviser's users. And scamadviser doesn't notice.
( I checked the page for forwardblue.us, and there were no bogus reviews there, so I don't suspect scamadvisor)

I inadvertently opened this line of discussion re: Dereck’s posts. I apologize because I genuinely meant no disrespect towards Derec and did not mean to open a discussion about Derec’s personal life, which is his personal life.

Derec is not the only poster whose posts sometimes reek of sexism and racism. He’s just been open enough to talk a bit about his personal life, as some others of us have done.

He’s made the very good point that many of us do not seem open to criticism of Harris or some other politicians we like who are running for office. I will flat out say that I know I don’t care for the low blows aimed at Democratic candidates while laughing at those directed at candidates I truly detest. It’s not my best look. I am blaming it on my terror for what happens to this country and to the world if Trump gets elected and frankly the same for the potential to lose Senate seats for the Dems and to lose seats in the House.
Toni is always trying to be inclusive and call out fairness with this posters comments.

Too bad its not reciprocated.
But in this case, the fault was mine.

Derec and I disagree about nearly everything but that doesn’t mean he does not have valid points sometimes, even if I don’t agree.
The bullshit outweighs the validity and thus there's not much there to listen to, so I'm fine with not listening to him on any particular subject. 🤷‍♂️

He’s made the very good point that many of us do not seem open to criticism of Harris

Oh, I readily admit that I'm not open to ANYTHING that increases the chance of a fascist takeover of America. Belaboring the obvious is not "making a very good point" IMHO.
I'd not be open to criticism of a head of cabbage if it was running against Cheato.

I am blaming it on my terror for what happens to this country and to the world if Trump gets elected
Same. I suppose that if the electorate decides they want fascism - or vote for fascism having convinced themselves that fascism isn't the Trump Party plan - we will get what they deserve.

I know that, but he said "Two P's and no H to be completely correct". So, that means "wipping" would be "completely correct". There's "whipping" and "wiping", but I don't know what "wipping" means.

I know that, but he said "Two P's and no H to be completely correct". So, that means "wipping" would be "completely correct". There's "whipping" and "wiping", but I don't know what "wipping" means.
Must be a cricket thing. Someone bowled a Yorker and Steve Smith totally "wipped" at it for a duck.

So whip me. I'm not a great speler. ;)

So whip me. I'm not a great speler. ;)
I took your original meaning as "wiping" not "whipping".

The hero of the working man.

He said he didn't want workers to accrue overtime hours, so he allegedly would get other people to fill a void. II have no idea how easy it is to have staff that doesn't work full time and had capacity for more hours. I know working in retail, they'd let you work up to the max hours and then no more. This isn't shocking, but it isn't particularly a smart thing to say. Of course, he is also trying to buy votes.

Galaxy Brain posted:
[td]Donations by Netflix employees could not be more lopsided in favor of the Democratic Party (~100%)

He didn't include this

Or these
[/td]
[td][/td]

So it's still just conjecture on your part. I know you don't have the experience to understand this but most people like to help out their friends, family, and significant others without sex being a motivating factor.
This is cronyism and nepotism, respectively.
Since when is political corruption ok?
It's long been said conservatives are terrible at humor. ^^^ Another example why.
Nothing funny about those couch "jokes". I think it is more that partisans are terrible at humor. For example, the Daily Show was far funnier when it skewered both sides before it turned more partisan around the middle of the last decade.

Fits this thread:

Jill Stein: How and Why I Will Stop Kamala Harris Winning the White House
Newsweek said:
Kamala Harris cannot win the presidential election because she has lost the crucial support of Muslim and Arab Americans in key battleground states, Jill Stein has said.
The Green Party leader has placed Israel's wars with Hamas and Hezbollah front and center of her campaign—with potentially devastating effect for the Democrats.
There's been a spike in support for her among the Muslim and Arab American communities that polling shows could deny Harris victory in several swing states—and present a path to the White House for Donald Trump. The Greens are seeing particularly strong support in Michigan and Wisconsin—two key swing states that look likely to go to the wire.
"The Democrats cannot win without the support of the Muslim American community. And that community has left the station and is not coming back unless the Democrats decide that it's more important to them to win the election than it is to conduct the genocide," Stein said in an interview with Newsweek.
As I said in another thread, these are Fifth Columnists for the enemies of America, and enemies of West generally.
Stein, 74, says her campaign is experiencing a "breakout moment" and that attacks and "gaslighting" from key Democrat figures have only served to open up new audiences to her stance on the "defining issue" of Israel's wars with Hamas and Hezbollah.
Breakout moment? She'd be lucky if she clears 2% nationwide. However, she might get slightly more in states like Michigan and that might be enough to flip the state red.

""The Democrats cannot win without the support of the Muslim American community. And that community has left the station and is not coming back unless the Democrats decide that it's more important to them to win the election than it is to conduct the genocide," Stein said in an interview with Newsweek."

So, Jill Stein is going to help the guy who moved the US embassy to Jerusalem and promised to ban Muslim immigrants take back the White House?

Dang. That's some serious political stupid.
Tom

Galaxy Brain posted:
[td]Donations by Netflix employees could not be more lopsided in favor of the Democratic Party (~100%)

He didn't include this

Or these
[/td] [td][/td]

Does this mean the Democrats will actually now do something about corporate electoral financing reform or will they just take the money and run?

So it's still just conjecture on your part. I know you don't have the experience to understand this but most people like to help out their friends, family, and significant others without sex being a motivating factor.
This is cronyism and nepotism, respectively.
Since when is political corruption ok?
It's long been said conservatives are terrible at humor. ^^^ Another example why.
Nothing funny about those couch "jokes". I think it is more that partisans are terrible at humor. For example, the Daily Show was far funnier when it skewered both sides before it turned more partisan around the middle of the last decade.
I agree that The Daily Show was funnier with Jon Stewart before he left the show. I did not see it before Stewart’s tenure.

The couch jokes can be funny but as I wrote earlier ( different thread??) they are not based on anything Vance wrote in his memoir. But the funny part, to me, hinges on skewering Vance who seems to voice some very fucked up ideas about sex and women in general. Whether these are his actual beliefs or whether he is merely serving his overlords, he deserves to be challenged. But even more so, he needs to be and deserves to be challenged for his 180 turn on public statements about Trump.

I cannot find my copy of Hillbilly Ekegy, which I would like to re-read. Maybe I leant it to someone?? I did not grow up in the same area or with the same family history as Vance but there are some similarities to my upbringing by parents first generation off the farm/depression era parents. So, in that respect, it resonated with me. BTW, Vance and his memoir have been excoriated by people who really did grow up in Appalachia and who are distant relations.

""The Democrats cannot win without the support of the Muslim American community. And that community has left the station and is not coming back unless the Democrats decide that it's more important to them to win the election than it is to conduct the genocide," Stein said in an interview with Newsweek."

So, Jill Stein is going to help the guy who moved the US embassy to Jerusalem and promised to ban Muslim immigrants take back the White House?

Dang. That's some serious political stupid.
Tom
No shit. But its not like Ms. Stein got stupider.

I suppose she is trying to make herself somewhat relevant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom