• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

I don’t think there will be as much profit guess as you would like or as I would like but, yes, I think there will be progress.

Was the reddened phrase a completely-wrong construct of your brain and fingers? Or was some speech rendering or spell-checking involved?

In the former case, I'm happy to see you blunder as I do! 8-) My posts would be nonsensical word salads if I didn't proofread carefully.
Stupid autocorrect that my brain did not catch. Or autofill which was totally erroneous—and my brain did not catch

Intended word was progress.

I am not a good typist and it’s worse in my phone.

Harris has unveiled policies in support of Black Men. An attempt to gain their vote.

from huffpost

including providing a million loans to Black entrepreneurs and others to start businesses, investing in Black male mentorship and training programs, protecting cryptocurrency assets, launching a health equity initiative focusing on diseases that disproportionately impact Black men like diabetes and prostate cancer, and legalizing recreational marijuana for Black men to participate in the burgeoning industry.

Perhaps too late.

How is giving "forgivable loans" to one race only even remotely constitutional?

And crypto is a scam anyway, and uses a lot of energy. I wonder what AOC has to say about Harris cozying up to it.

That's bullshit. Not everyone in that community thinks the same.

If any individual refuses the help of FEMA for their own situation, that is their right. However, anyone making terroristic threats to federal employees should be arrested.

I say because Kamala is apparently promising another racially exclusive government handout.
I agree with Derec on this one. I started my business 13 years ago. When I tried to get a loan I was shown the door by one bank. I did eventually get a loan about a year later from another bank. I could have used a $20K forgivable loan.

GlaDOS for President 2024!
Huh. Not being a gamer, and not giving two shits for gaming. What the Fuck?
It's an old game, but you talking about "doing the science" made me think of the end credits song for Portal where GlaDOS, the antagonist, sings about doing the science.
I love the portal music. Sing it freuently. Have a custom-designed Lego GlaDOS hanging in my living room.
It’s all about the cake, innit?

I do not share your feeling that Harris is planning to capitulate to Republican whims.
I am looking forward to (assuming she has a congress to avoid gridlock) progressive movement.
Out of curiosity, why? Is it just wishful thinking? She has been very careful not to promise any such thing.

“Is it just wishful thinking?”
Out of curiosity, what was your purpose including this sentence? Was it to set a certain level of disdain? What was wrong with just using your first sentence?

Ask me why and I’ll be interested in chatting.

But if you’re just looking for a chance to put someone down - hard pass. You show that you’re not really curious about why. I think my posting history shows that i’m not one to act on just wishful thinking.

I say because Kamala is apparently promising another racially exclusive government handout.

Another cynical vote buying ploy.
It seems to be happening with both major candidates this go around.
Which makes me wonder... Trump is going on about how people should not have to pay taxes on their social security. How many people that are living nearly off only social security are paying federal taxes on it?

The answer is zero. But Trump is selling it like a giveaway... the conman he is.

That's bullshit. Not everyone in that community thinks the same.

If any individual refuses the help of FEMA for their own situation, that is their right. However, anyone making terroristic threats to federal employees should be arrested.

The initial news report was wrong. This appears to have been just one individual who made a threat. An idiot, to be sure, but not the keystone militia squad.

Suspect arrested after reports of threats toward FEMA operations in North Carolina

Harris has unveiled policies in support of Black Men. An attempt to gain their vote.

from huffpost

including providing a million loans to Black entrepreneurs and others to start businesses, investing in Black male mentorship and training programs, protecting cryptocurrency assets, launching a health equity initiative focusing on diseases that disproportionately impact Black men like diabetes and prostate cancer, and legalizing recreational marijuana for Black men to participate in the burgeoning industry.

Perhaps too late.

Please pay attention to the "small print" in that announcement that white people who feel picked on and discriminated against are not going to notice. (See the red font above.) She has released this very clumsy effort to shore up her standing with black voters by appearing to appeal just to them. In fact, a special program for black entrepreneurs would be racially discriminatory, but this isn't actually what she is proposing. It is a counterproductive thing to do, because most black males are not entrepreneurs and few are likely to change their minds about voting for her because of this. Black men tend to vote in fewer numbers than women. I suspect that her problem is more of a misogyny factor rather than trouble finding a business loan. There is some justification for a program that helps struggling businesses, but it would have to conform to antidiscrimination requirements. I think that Harris has just provided more fuel for those whites who are especially prone to feeling that they are being racially discriminated against.

The anger against immigrants isn't just over the fact that they are immigrants. Don't forget that Trump was clear that he favored letting in more Norwegian immigrants. He didn't specifically say why Norway, but a lot of doggy ears perked up.

I do not share your feeling that Harris is planning to capitulate to Republican whims.
I am looking forward to (assuming she has a congress to avoid gridlock) progressive movement.
Out of curiosity, why? Is it just wishful thinking? She has been very careful not to promise any such thing.

“Is it just wishful thinking?”
Out of curiosity, what was your purpose including this sentence? Was it to set a certain level of disdain? What was wrong with just using your first sentence?

Ask me why and I’ll be interested in chatting.

But if you’re just looking for a chance to put someone down - hard pass. You show that you’re not really curious about why. I think my posting history shows that i’m not one to act on just wishful thinking.
If there's some reason to believe that Harris will have my back against these people when push comes to shove, I'd like to know. It's not what she's signalling right now. I'm worried, and not feeling inclined to be charitable to her. I did not mean to be rude to you, but it's Harris we're discussing.

It all does seem like blatant pandering. Black men have been trickling out of the Democrat party for years now, and KH and the Democrats seem to just now realize its hurting their chances of winning the election. So, with less than a month to go, they're trying to entice them back into the fold with lots of promises. Its pretty transparent. "Hey, come back....I have Black Jobs for you! And Black Loans too! I'll help cure Black Disease! Free pot! Free ice cream!" :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom