• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Yes, you guessed it: I am for free education because our competition comes from e.g. China where education is regarded highly. We might have some 20 - 30 years left before they overcome us. With Trump, some 10 - 15 years max. - and "His Stupidness" affects the whole democratic world.
One big problem--motivation matters a lot. It's not that the Asians in our schools are actually more intelligent, it's that they put more emphasis on developing it.

And note that this is obviously at least somewhat heritable--it will not be anything like a 50-50 split.

The Women’s March is scheduled for November 2nd, coinciding with a Get Out The Vote effort. It’s likely that millions of people across the country will participate. Will that have any effect, especially being so close to Election Day. And will Trump, Vance, and minions attack the participants? If so, what effect will that have?

What if there are physical attacks by MAGAs?

I see we're still pretending that there are two parties, even as Harris promises to create a "bipartisan council" to "advise" her on what to do every day.

You know the Republicans never promise to do bullshit like this. If they win, they win everything. If "we" win, we surrender Dorothy on principle.

I do not share your feeling that Harris is planning to capitulate to Republican whims.
I am looking forward to (assuming she has a congress to avoid gridlock) progressive movement.
Out of curiosity, why? Is it just wishful thinking? She has been very careful not to promise any such thing.

The Women’s March is scheduled for November 2nd, coinciding with a Get Out The Vote effort.
Another one? Will there be a revival of "pussy hats"? And will this one also be run by antisemites like Linda "the Cockroach" Sarsour and racists like Tamika Mallory?
Will that have any effect, especially being so close to Election Day.
Limited, given that people are already voting in some states.
What if there are physical attacks by MAGAs?
About as likely as there being violence such as vandalism by the WM people.

I do not share your feeling that Harris is planning to capitulate to Republican whims.
She is far too left for that.
I am looking forward to (assuming she has a congress to avoid gridlock) progressive movement.
Unfortunately, you are probably right. If there is a Dem majority in Congress there won't be the moderating influence by Manchin and Sinema. Brace yourselves for B5U. i.e. "Build Back Better: Bigger, Better and Uncut". Aka "Spendapalooza 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Out of curiosity, why? Is it just wishful thinking? She has been very careful not to promise any such thing.
The whole 'looking forward, not backward' thing. Has me hopeful.
Rump promises all kinds of shit. So nobody trusts promises. The less she promises, the more she sounds truthful, the more we'll trust her.
That's the warped world we live in now.

When Tony Knowles was governor of Alaska and someone asked what should be done about something he would say" I don't know, lets do the science".
I have never heard that from any Politian ever again.

Last edited:
...something wonderful.
Almost anything is better than what Rump has planned.
I'm aware. Which is why I'm not very enthusiastic about the idea of promising his representatives permanent access to the close counsels of White House no matter who wins. Donald Trump desires nothing less than the collapse of our democratic system, and anyone who colludes with Donald Trump is a traitor to this nation.

Back
Top Bottom