• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

You didn’t say Harris is dumb, you just said she is stupid. Gotcha!
Nope, wrong again. I never said she was stupid. Read what I wrote fella.
You said “dopey”. I asked what you think it means. You said look it up. I did and it means “stupid”.

Now you’re acting all smug about some trivial semantic point you think you scored.

Whatevs, as you say.

I did not say Harris is dumb or stupid.
I agree. {snip}

Excellent. We are done here, no more to be said.
I agree. You have no more worth listening to.

Oops, my mistake, I forgot how important having the last word is to you.
Irony (n):

Kinda like steel
Fuck you. It's like goldy or silvery 'cept It's made from iron isn't it?

Shocking. Don't the Harvard kids realize how much they have in common with Trump? Are they not aware of his constant allusions to T.S. Eliot and his quotes from Spinoza, Kant, and Chateaubriand?? Also the stuff about Arnold Palmer's cock.

Sure, Jan. Your desperation is showing after Hunter's laptop fizzled into fuck-all.
He should have spent less money on coke and more money on quality hardware perhaps.
What does quality hardware have to do with it? We have no indication that his laptop ever failed in any way. The data that supposedly came from it has some inconsistencies with reality, it can't be correct. Thus the most logical assumption is that someone cloned his drive and used that as a basis to photoshop it. So why should we believe the crazy sequence of events that supposedly left him with that image?

Harvard Youth Poll
Likely male voters: Harris 53% - Trump 36%
Likely female voters: Harris 70% - Trump 23%

The case of the youth vote
Why they can be hard to track.
I'm not sure I would hang my on that. That polling is from early Sept. KH's support has taken a dive since then. And youngsters are notorious for not showing up to vote.
Her support hasn't taken a dive. A dive would mean Trump was solidly leading the Popular and electoral college.

Harvard Youth Poll

I'm not sure I would hang my on that. That polling is from early Sept. KH's support has taken a dive since then. And youngsters are notorious for not showing up to vote.

I do think that the youth in Harvard will vote. I've heard that they read books there. And probably also newspapers.
I mean that they understand the essence of this election.
Also, some of them seem to party a lot with their papa's money - that explains the 'about 23% & 36%'. ;)

Even watching TV can clarify how "civilized" the Russian one candidate is.

-----------------
Here he thinks that Jesus is coming and will fight in Jerusalem etc. etc..
"and after that You do not need to vote again..."

----------------
Mocking disabled

How can any civilised person vote for a person like this?
Let him write letters in jail to his beloved in North Korea. :love:

From my viewing of Harris' interview with Baier she was trying the technique noted by the Hon. Jim Hacker in Yes, Prime Minister.
Talking to the press S
tart at 2:00 or watch the whole clip.
Yes, Minister! and Yes, Prime Minister! are the best on TV - ever.

I think Are You Being Served was one of the best. The debate between Harris and Trump reminded me of it.

Trump: "I created the best economy, no inflation, none at all, unlike now!"
Harris: "Excuse me, but that’s simply not true. Just look at the data."
Captain Peacock (as moderator): "Ladies and gentlemen, if we could please stick to the facts? This isn’t the bargain basement!"
Mrs. Slocombe: "If facts were on sale, Trump would be asking for a discount!"

(Canned laughter)

I do think that the youth in Harvard will vote. I've heard that they read books there. And probably also newspapers.

Massachusetts is a blue state, so whether or not they vote will not affect the election results. The real question is whether college voting in swing states will have any significant impact. Historically, it has not. However, youthful enthusiasts tend to play a big role in turning out the vote, just not among their own generation.

I remember when the first "youth movement" candidate was Eugene McCarthy (Minnesota Senator) in 1968. It was my first presidential election, and his primary campaign was so successful that Robert F Kennedy chose to step in and grab the youth vote away from him. Lyndon Johnson decided not to run, as a result of those challenges. After his assassination, Vice President Hubert Humphrey (the liberal "Happy Warrior", also from Minnesota) became the Democratic frontrunner. The youth vote faded away, because of Humphrey's association with support for the Vietnam war. I decided not to vote until a fellow student explained to me the consequences of Richard Nixon winning the election. I voted, but many of my generation simply turned off and dropped out. Nixon won.

Now we have Harris and Walz (also from Minnesota) campaigning on the "happy warrior" theme again. Harris got a lot of initial enthusiasm, but it faded somewhat because of her support for administration policy on the Israel-Palestine conflict. It is a toss-up right now over who will win, but I don't expect the youth vote to be much more significant now than it has in the past.

Last edited:
To be fair, we don't want elections so close that college students are the difference. We want margins of victory well in excess of 0.5%! I can't take another Florida, not after 3 General Elections with this anal wart.

Harvard Youth Poll

The polling isn't of the youth that attend Harvard. They just call it The Harvard Youth Poll. It's 18-29 year olds across the US.

Harvard Youth Poll​

48th Edition

Fall 2024

Introduction​

A national poll released today by the Institute of Politics (IOP) at the Harvard Kennedy School indicates that among 18-to-29-year-olds nationwide

Massachusetts is a blue state, so whether or not they vote will not affect the election results. The real question is whether college voting in swing states will have any significant impact. Historically, it has not. However, youthful enthusiasts tend to play a big role in turning out the vote, just not among their own generation.

I remember when the first "youth movement" candidate was Eugene McCarthy (Minnesota Senator) in 1968. It was my first presidential election, and his primary campaign was so successful that Robert F Kennedy chose to step in and grab the youth vote away from him. Lyndon Johnson decided not to run, as a result of those challenges. After his assassination, Vice President Hubert Humphrey (the liberal "Happy Warrior", also from Minnesota) became the Democratic frontrunner. The youth vote faded away, because of Humphrey's association with support for the Vietnam war. I decided not to vote until a fellow student explained to me the consequences of Richard Nixon winning the election. I voted, but many of my generation simply turned off and dropped out. Nixon won.

Now we have Harris and Walz (also from Minnesota) campaigning on the "happy warrior" theme again. Harris got a lot of initial enthusiasm, but it faded somewhat because of her support for administration policy on the Israel-Palestine conflict. It is a toss-up right now over who will win, but I don't expect the youth vote to be much more significant now than it has in the past.
It just needs to be enough of a factor that pundits can blame young people for the results afterward.

Well, the race for 2024 is over, and once again Andrew Barr and his Labor Party are victorious, with their win extending 24 years of Labor government out to an astonishing 26.

Yeah, I didn't even know the Australian Capital Territory was having an election until I saw the result being reported by the ABC. Perhaps we can ask the USA to take a similarly subdued approach to her Presidential elections?
I am surprised you did not know that the ACT was having an election. It was on the news and in the papers for weeks. How did you miss the liberal leader being pilloried for giving the bird to a reporter who deserved it?

What M.A.G.A. actually stands for:
rump-47.jpgrump-47c.jpgrump-47d.jpg
Make America Gerrymandered Again
Make America Greedy Again
Make America Gag Again
Make America Garbage Again
Make America Gamy Again
Make America Gated Again
Make America Gestapo Again
Make America Ghastly Again
Make America Ghoulish Again
Make America Gbberish Again