• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Trump worked there for less than one day!
Many people are saying, there's never been an E. Coli outbreak like this. The best people. Nobody has ever seen anything like it.

Also, the doctor who helped write the "Goldwater Rule" for psychiatrists said "okay, maybe for this guy..."
...if he were Trump’s doctor, he would order a full battery of tests to determine the cause of what he believes could be the former president’s dementia.
“He seems to be progressively cognitively impaired,” said Allen Dyer, a retired George Washington University psychiatry professor.

“I find it concerning that he doesn’t complete his sentences, seems to lose track of the question he is trying to answer, or avoid, and that one thought doesn’t lead to another, but appears to veer tangentially off track,” Dyer said.

Last edited:
The hecklers were University of Wisconsin-La Crosse students. The New York Post calls them “Christians” in the headline, which is maybe supposed to give them a pass?

Grant Beth and Luke Polaske, both juniors at the school, told “Fox & Friends Weekend” that they felt persecuted akin to Jesus and his early followers after they shouted such things as “Christ is King!” when the Democratic vice president and presidential candidate started talking about abortion rights.

One of them said Harris even sarcastically waved to him and gave him “an evil smirk” as he held up the cross around his neck and pointed to her while being booted with his pal.

“I was pushed by an elderly woman. We were heckled at, we were cursed at, we were mocked, and that’s the biggest thing for me personally,” Beth said. “In reflection of the event, Jesus was mocked. You know, his disciples were mocked, and that’s OK.”
Turns out that Polaske loves Jesus so much and is such a disciple that he went to a Donald Trump event in early January and lied by pretending that he was an undecided voter.
:cry:

I did NOT write the above. The editor used at this Board seems to make gratuitous errors when quotes are nested.
They are not gratuitous. The trigger is the editor mishandling a delete which crosses a quote boundary asymmetrically. It doesn't always happen so I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I've never seen it in any other situation. The editor pulls the text below into the quote block and can move it multiple levels if the block ends touch. If you catch it at the time it's easy to fix with ^z, if undo isn't an option the only answer I've found is to switch over to BBcode.

So for anyone keeping score, Lil' Jon performed at the DNC. Taylor Swift has come out in support of Harris. Eminem joined Obama on stage in Detroit and offered his endorsement, and now Insane Clown Posse has endorsed her.

Meanwhile, on the Trump end of things..."the kids today, they don't know about Arnold Palmer. Great golfer. Who loves golf?!"

Between that and dancing to YMCA, it's almost like he's trying to turn off anyone under the age of 40.

Early voting is no longer convenient in Summit County, Ohio. 2020 was a mess, but that was 2020. Well, not a mess, but lines... widely spaced out lines. I think it was 30 or 40 minutes.

This year, the lines are still backed up... I went to drop off my Mom's ballot in person on what turned out to be the first day of early voting. Yipes! I went back the next day, still backed up.

I went to vote early this week and lines are still big, as in cars in line to park to vote! I'll be getting up early on Election Day it seems. Gotta find out which church I vote in this year, I think two more and I've voted in every church in Summit County :D.

Meanwhile, professional asshole and retired Marine General John Kelly (not to be confused with the Tom Clancy character) is speaking out at all the wrong moments.
article said:
John Kelly, the retired Marine general who was Donald Trump’s White House chief of staff, entered the 2024 fray in stunning fashion, saying the former president fits “into the general definition of fascist” and wanted the “kind of generals Hitler had” in a series of interviews published Tuesday.

Kelly’s comments, two weeks from Election Day, are the latest in a line of warnings from former Trump White House aides about how he views the presidency and would exercise power if returned to office.

In addition to the fascist comments, Kelly — who was Trump’s chief of staff from 2017 to 2019 — told The New York Times that the former president “certainly prefers the dictator approach to government.”

He also confirmed to The Atlantic that Trump had said he wished his military personnel showed him the same deference Adolf Hitler’s Nazi generals showed the German dictator during World War II, and recounted the moment.
You know what John, fuck you! You had a chance to make a difference, and you damn well buried it. This could have been useful during his second impeachment to take this person out of elected politics for good.

Early voting is no longer convenient in Summit County, Ohio. 2020 was a mess, but that was 2020. Well, not a mess, but lines... widely spaced out lines. I think it was 30 or 40 minutes.

This year, the lines are still backed up... I went to drop off my Mom's ballot in person on what turned out to be the first day of early voting. Yipes! I went back the next day, still backed up.

I went to vote early this week and lines are still big, as in cars in line to park to vote! I'll be getting up early on Election Day it seems. Gotta find out which church I vote in this year, I think two more and I've voted in every church in Summit County :D.
This is why I’m happy I can mail in my vote. I haven’t voted in person in decades.

So for anyone keeping score, Lil' Jon performed at the DNC. Taylor Swift has come out in support of Harris. Eminem joined Obama on stage in Detroit and offered his endorsement, and now Insane Clown Posse has endorsed her.

Meanwhile, on the Trump end of things..."the kids today, they don't know about Arnold Palmer. Great golfer. Who loves golf?!"

Between that and dancing to YMCA, it's almost like he's trying to turn off anyone under the age of 40.
Or, alternatively, one could argue that Kamala is trying to turn off anyone older than 40...

I freely admit I never heard of "Lil Jon" is (is he "Lil Bow Wow"'s owner)? I vaguely recognize maybe two songs from Taylor Swift (not particularly catchy tunes, both having to do with complaining about a 20-something ex boyfriend). I have heard of Eminem for probably 15 years, but I couldn't name even one song from him. Same with Clown Posse. Who are they again? I don't think I'm alone here.

Last edited:
You're definitely not alone. Personally, I just don't find their subject matter particularly engaging, nor does it provide the emotional or intellectual stimulation I look for in music.

Or, alternatively, one could argue that Kamala is trying to turn off anyone older than 40...
As a reminder... Insane Clown Posse started in 1989. Taylor Swift is technically bigger than Jesus.
I freely admit I never heard of "Lil Jon" is (is he "Lil Bow Wow"'s owner)? I vaguely recognize maybe two songs from Taylor Swift (not particularly catchy tunes, both having to do with complaining about an ex boyfriend). I have heard of Eminem for probably 15 years, but I couldn't name even one song from him.
Come on! Everyone older than 35 can name the The Real Slim Shady. I am miles away from rap and I know that song. And then there is that song from his movie 8 mile, which its riff gets played at stadiums all the time. Again, that is in the pop culture. Remainder of his material no idea, but you identify at least two.
Same with Clown Posse. Who are they again?
A posse of clowns that Bill O'Reilly was warning the world about and had them on his show. I pretty certain I can't identify one thing by them. But I know they exist.
I don't think I'm alone here.
The point is, there is a breadth of media acts that support Harris. Some known, some not as known, but it is quite the cross section.

Trump... is left with Kid Rock, Cats, and elevator music. It doesn't really matter too much. I mean, Bubba played the Sax and that was a big deal because.... sometimes I just don't the electorate... but pop culture and relating to pop culture can make some differences, you just never know when.

Ultimately, for Harris, turnout is key. Have Eninem support her isn't getting her a single EV. But if she gets good turnout, she'll win.

Putin: “I’ve been busy expanding our territory, you know, just the usual geopolitical strategy. Keeps me sharp.”
Kim Jong Un: “Same here, launching a few rockets, flexing the military. Keeps everyone on their toes.”
Putin: “Ah yes, the international balancing act. Quite thrilling.”
Kim Jong Un: “So, Trump, what have you been up to?”
Trump: “Oh, just flipping fries at McDonald’s.”
(Silence.)

I just looked up Clown Posse. Holy Crap, they go back to the early '90's and their Wiki bio seems about as long as the Beatles! But yeah, not my thing, for sure. I think I would tell them to get off my lawn, if I saw them in my neighborhood. ;)

I freely admit I never heard of "Lil Jon" is (is he "Lil Bow Wow"'s owner)? I vaguely recognize maybe two songs from Taylor Swift (not particularly catchy tunes, both having to do with complaining about an ex boyfriend). I have heard of Eminem for probably 15 years, but I couldn't name even one song from him.
Come on! Everyone older than 35 can name the The Real Slim Shady. I am miles away from rap and I know that song. And then there is that song from his movie 8 mile, which its riff gets played at stadiums all the time. Again, that is in the pop culture. Remainder of his material no idea, but you identify at least two.
I am over 35 and I don’t know what the “Real Slim Shady” refers to, nor have I seen the movie “8 Mile”. Sorry. I have heard of Eminem but I have never listened to his songs or seen his movies.

I did NOT write the above. The editor used at this Board seems to make gratuitous errors when quotes are nested.
They are not gratuitous. The trigger is the editor mishandling a delete which crosses a quote boundary asymmetrically. It doesn't always happen so I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I've never seen it in any other situation. The editor pulls the text below into the quote block and can move it multiple levels if the block ends touch. If you catch it at the time it's easy to fix with ^z, if undo isn't an option the only answer I've found is to switch over to BBcode.

OK, that makes sense! Thank you. Maybe I should have guessed this myself. I often switch back and forth, toggling BBcode off and on. Now I know to avoid quote deletions in non-BB mode.

I am over 35 and I don’t know what the “Real Slim Shady” refers to, nor have I seen the movie “8 Mile”. Sorry. I have heard of Eminem but I have never listened to his songs or seen his movies.
Okay, everyone over 35 but Shadowy Man. :D

You'll know the 8 Mile song if you hear the riff. And likewise the other one, I'd imagine.

I just looked up Clown Posse. Holy Crap, they go back to the early '90's and their Wiki bio seems about as long as the Beatles! But yeah, not my thing, for sure. I think I would tell them to get off my lawn, if I saw them in my neighborhood. ;)
I'd say the same thing if I saw someone who looked like Frank Zappa or Steve Howe on my lawn too.

Okay, everyone over 35 but Shadowy Man. :D

You'll know the 8 Mile song if you hear the riff. And likewise the other one, I'd imagine.
Possibly. Its likely been in a TV show or commercial.

Back
Top Bottom