• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

I freely admit I never heard of "Lil Jon" is (is he "Lil Bow Wow"'s owner)? I vaguely recognize maybe two songs from Taylor Swift (not particularly catchy tunes, both having to do with complaining about an ex boyfriend). I have heard of Eminem for probably 15 years, but I couldn't name even one song from him.
Come on! Everyone older than 35 can name the The Real Slim Shady. I am miles away from rap and I know that song. And then there is that song from his movie 8 mile, which its riff gets played at stadiums all the time. Again, that is in the pop culture. Remainder of his material no idea, but you identify at least two.
I am over 35 and I don’t know what the “Real Slim Shady” refers to, nor have I seen the movie “8 Mile”. Sorry. I have heard of Eminem but I have never listened to his songs or seen his movies.
I thought the Real Slim Shady was his nickname or the name of his breakout album. I didn't know it was a song. Never saw 8 Mile either. It may be a California thing. I think Eminem is from Jimmy's neck of the woods. Out here in California, Eminem is somewhat of a nobody.

Real talk, if you visit any predominantly Black neighborhood where cars are blasting music with concert speakers, you’ll never hear Eminem disturbing the peace. This has nothing to do with anything but a fact.
OK, thanks. One can never have too many facts that have nothing to do with anything. :)

The only time I ever hear rap is when I'm filling up my truck with gas and some car with tinted windows, expensive rims and massive speakers playing bass at 120 db pulls up on the other side of the pump. Then, I hear some rap about how he's gonna ditch his baby mama with the big ol' butt, then score some weed and share it with his homies, etc. Meanwhile my truck is visibly rocking back and forth from the bass and I feel my heart occasionally skipping beats.

Early voting is no longer convenient in Summit County, Ohio. 2020 was a mess, but that was 2020. Well, not a mess, but lines... widely spaced out lines. I think it was 30 or 40 minutes.

This year, the lines are still backed up... I went to drop off my Mom's ballot in person on what turned out to be the first day of early voting. Yipes! I went back the next day, still backed up.

I went to vote early this week and lines are still big, as in cars in line to park to vote! I'll be getting up early on Election Day it seems. Gotta find out which church I vote in this year, I think two more and I've voted in every church in Summit County :D.
This is why I’m happy I can mail in my vote. I haven’t voted in person in decades.

I grew up in Ohio, which used to be a swing state before Republicans finally got it wrapped up with gerrymandering. It's sad to see what a mess they made of things.

I'm in Washington state now, and I love the mail-in voting system. We got our ballots last week and filled them out immediately, as we did our research on the downballot races. No standing in lines. No intimidated poll workers. Nobody has to take a day off from work to vote. We get the ballots 18 days in advance. There is plenty of time to decide, visit websites, read the voter pamphlet. Ballots can be mailed postage-free or else put into a drop box. No need to organize polling places and staff them with poll workers. This is the way people should vote. The only problem I have with the system is that you still have to register to vote. That should be automatically granted to all citizens when they reach voting age and can prove legal residence in the state.

I freely admit I never heard of "Lil Jon" is (is he "Lil Bow Wow"'s owner)? I vaguely recognize maybe two songs from Taylor Swift (not particularly catchy tunes, both having to do with complaining about an ex boyfriend). I have heard of Eminem for probably 15 years, but I couldn't name even one song from him.
Come on! Everyone older than 35 can name the The Real Slim Shady. I am miles away from rap and I know that song. And then there is that song from his movie 8 mile, which its riff gets played at stadiums all the time. Again, that is in the pop culture. Remainder of his material no idea, but you identify at least two.
I am over 35 and I don’t know what the “Real Slim Shady” refers to, nor have I seen the movie “8 Mile”. Sorry. I have heard of Eminem but I have never listened to his songs or seen his movies.
I thought the Real Slim Shady was his nickname or the name of his breakout album. I didn't know it was a song. Never saw 8 Mile either. It may be a California thing. I think Eminem is from Jimmy's neck of the woods. Out here in California, Eminem is somewhat of a nobody.

Real talk, if you visit any predominantly Black neighborhood where cars are blasting music with concert speakers, you’ll never hear Eminem disturbing the peace. This has nothing to do with anything but a fact.
OK, thanks. One can never have too many facts that have nothing to do with anything. :)

The only time I ever hear rap is when I'm filling up my truck with gas and some car with tinted windows, expensive rims and massive speakers playing bass at 120 db pulls up on the other side of the pump. Then, I hear some rap about how he's gonna ditch his baby mama with the big ol' butt, then score some weed and share it with his homies, etc. Meanwhile my truck is visibly rocking back and forth from the bass and I feel my heart occasionally skipping beats.
Around here it is really bad country rap played at max volume by Trumpers getting hammered drunk on a sandbar.

Then sometimes they show up on a bodycam video on YouTube getting arrested by FWC for BUI and trying to pull some sovereign citizen horseshit to get out of the citation.

Polling polling polling. There are two scenarios out there. First, the polling companies will under poll Trump as they did in 2016 and 2020 and this is going to be a night that will require narcotics to fall asleep.

But if polls are hitting Trump correctly, then Harris is likely to win and alcohol to calm the nerves to sleep will be in order.

Regardless, the fact that Trump has a viable chance is enough to justify some heroin. Please use responsibly.

Harris has the Queen of Pop in Taylor Swift, and now she'll have another music giant, Beyoncé.

article said:
Beyoncé is taking the stage with Kamala Harris.

The pop queen will appear with the Democratic presidential nominee at rally in Houston on Friday, according to Reuters.

Harris, who is locked in a close race against Republican Donald Trump, is heading to Texas to support another Democrat, Colin Allred, who is trying to unseat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.
Should you vote for Harris because Swift and Beyoncé suggest it? No, you should vote for Harris because she is the only adult in the room. But, I can find forgiveness if you only vote for Harris because Swift or Beyoncé suggested it. I'll get over it.

Good lord;

Harris' inability to provide clear answers on both domestic and foreign policy, and trademark meandering responses throughout the 90-minute session that had even CNN's left-leaning panelists ripping her afterwards. Veteran Democratic strategist David Axelrod, who helped get Barack Obama elected and served as one of his top advisers, summed up Harris' performance with the catchphrase of the night: 'Word salad city.'

Daily Mail

Dopey Harris is incapable of answering tricky questions. No wonder Trump will win.

Don't know whether to like that post with fraud being detected or post an angry emoji over the attempted fraud.

I suspect it is an inside job and an American(s) is involved.

What I wrote:
"I've heard that they read books there. And probably also newspapers.
I mean that they understand the essence of this election."

--------------------
I meant to say politely: that MAGA supporters can not read or write.
And that USA needs a radical school reform, pay the teachers more etc.
Maybe send a leaflet to every household that a library card does not cost anything - in pictures so that even the analphabet part of the nation could grasp that.
Unfortunately, that isn’t true. I have plenty of friends and family who are pretty full on MAGA and very few of them are actually stupid and none are illiterate.

Good lord;

Harris' inability to provide clear answers on both domestic and foreign policy, and trademark meandering responses throughout the 90-minute session that had even CNN's left-leaning panelists ripping her afterwards. Veteran Democratic strategist David Axelrod, who helped get Barack Obama elected and served as one of his top advisers, summed up Harris' performance with the catchphrase of the night: 'Word salad city.'

Daily Mail

Dopey Harris is incapable of answering tricky questions. No wonder Trump will win.
How does Trump do with tricky questions? TARIFFS!

Axelrod didn't "sum up" her performance at word salad city. He summed it up as a "mixed night" and said she went to word salad city on a couple of responses but was very strong on other answers.

i.e. “The thing that would concern me is when she doesn’t want to answer a question, her habit is to kind of go to word salad city, and she did that on a couple of answers,”

I'm becoming more and more convinced that we, as a people, aren't smart enough to use the internet.

Yup. And sadly, that is satisfying to the Harris haters. They probably know that THEY will pay for Trump tariffs, but are comfortable that they will be able to blame “the libs” for that, as usual.

Early voting is no longer convenient in Summit County, Ohio. 2020 was a mess, but that was 2020. Well, not a mess, but lines... widely spaced out lines. I think it was 30 or 40 minutes.

This year, the lines are still backed up... I went to drop off my Mom's ballot in person on what turned out to be the first day of early voting. Yipes! I went back the next day, still backed up.

I went to vote early this week and lines are still big, as in cars in line to park to vote! I'll be getting up early on Election Day it seems. Gotta find out which church I vote in this year, I think two more and I've voted in every church in Summit County :D.
This is why I’m happy I can mail in my vote. I haven’t voted in person in decades.

I grew up in Ohio, which used to be a swing state before Republicans finally got it wrapped up with gerrymandering. It's sad to see what a mess they made of things.

I'm in Washington state now, and I love the mail-in voting system. We got our ballots last week and filled them out immediately, as we did our research on the downballot races. No standing in lines. No intimidated poll workers. Nobody has to take a day off from work to vote.
I have never understood why voting is done on a work day. Weekends are better.
We get the ballots 18 days in advance. There is plenty of time to decide, visit websites, read the voter pamphlet. Ballots can be mailed postage-free or else put into a drop box. No need to organize polling places and staff them with poll workers. This is the way people should vote. The only problem I have with the system is that you still have to register to vote. That should be automatically granted to all citizens when they reach voting age and can prove legal residence in the state.
Again why is not an automatic reminder for people to enrol.
Once you reach 18 you get a polite letter from the electoral commission reminding you to get your name on the electoral roll. Simples.

Harris has the Queen of Pop in Taylor Swift, and now she'll have another music giant, Beyoncé.

article said:
Beyoncé is taking the stage with Kamala Harris.

The pop queen will appear with the Democratic presidential nominee at rally in Houston on Friday, according to Reuters.

Harris, who is locked in a close race against Republican Donald Trump, is heading to Texas to support another Democrat, Colin Allred, who is trying to unseat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.
Should you vote for Harris because Swift and Beyoncé suggest it?
Voting for someone only because X said to is very lazy. I am happy for people to vote but I wish that a little thought went into it.
No, you should vote for Harris because she is the only adult in the room. But, I can find forgiveness if you only vote for Harris because Swift or Beyoncé suggested it. I'll get over it.
That will work.

I must say with only 2 weeks to go till you mob vote I am pleased that we in Aust. have not been drowned in the torrent like I feared.
There has been a lot of it here but nothing like 2016 or 2020.

Thank you for your consideration for the rest of the world.

Good lord;

Daily Mail

lol, you sound just like dopey Harris. TRUMP!! TRUMP!! TRUMP!!!

Axelrod didn't "sum up" her performance at word salad city. He summed it up as a "mixed night" and said she went to word salad city on a couple of responses but was very strong on other answers.

i.e. “The thing that would concern me is when she doesn’t want to answer a question, her habit is to kind of go to word salad city, and she did that on a couple of answers,”

It appears she doesn't want answer a lot of questions. The more important the question, the less she is likely to answer and serve up a word salad. She is the mayor of Flavor Town in that regard. (tm Guy Fieri)

Good lord;

Daily Mail

lol, you sound just like dopey Harris. TRUMP!! TRUMP!! TRUMP!!!

It appears she doesn't want answer a lot of questions. The more important the question, the less she is likely to answer and serve up a word salad. She is the mayor of Flavor Town in that regard. (tm Guy Fieri)
She’s being evasive regarding the border wall and Israel. However she’s crystal clear on the issues that matter to me: the economy, Ukraine, nato, women’s rights, democracy, the environment, ssn, trade (no new sales taxes), Obama care, crime, and etc.

She’s being evasive regarding the border wall and Israel. However she’s crystal clear on the issues that matter to me: the economy, Ukraine, nato, women’s rights, democracy, the environment, ssn, trade (no new sales taxes), Obama care, crime, and etc.

Really, you think so? The only thing I have heard her be clear about is "women's rights" which really means abortion, right?

Most other stuff you mention she is not exactly fully committed, ambiguous or ambivalent e.g. fracking.

Back
Top Bottom