• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Or, alternatively, one could argue that Kamala is trying to turn off anyone older than 40...
Don't worry, she still has Dick Cheney to draw in the older crowd. You know, it's too bad Henry Kissinger has passed on to Heaven! I'm sure he'd be no less fond of Harris than he was of Clinton.

I freely admit I never heard of "Lil Jon" is (is he "Lil Bow Wow"'s owner)? I vaguely recognize maybe two songs from Taylor Swift (not particularly catchy tunes, both having to do with complaining about an ex boyfriend). I have heard of Eminem for probably 15 years, but I couldn't name even one song from him.
Come on! Everyone older than 35 can name the The Real Slim Shady. I am miles away from rap and I know that song. And then there is that song from his movie 8 mile, which its riff gets played at stadiums all the time. Again, that is in the pop culture. Remainder of his material no idea, but you identify at least two.
I am over 35 and I don’t know what the “Real Slim Shady” refers to, nor have I seen the movie “8 Mile”. Sorry. I have heard of Eminem but I have never listened to his songs or seen his movies.
I thought the Real Slim Shady was his nickname or the name of his breakout album. I didn't know it was a song. Never saw 8 Mile either. It may be a California thing. I think Eminem is from Jimmy's neck of the woods. Out here in California, Eminem is somewhat of a nobody.

I freely admit I never heard of "Lil Jon" is (is he "Lil Bow Wow"'s owner)? I vaguely recognize maybe two songs from Taylor Swift (not particularly catchy tunes, both having to do with complaining about an ex boyfriend). I have heard of Eminem for probably 15 years, but I couldn't name even one song from him.
Come on! Everyone older than 35 can name the The Real Slim Shady. I am miles away from rap and I know that song. And then there is that song from his movie 8 mile, which its riff gets played at stadiums all the time. Again, that is in the pop culture. Remainder of his material no idea, but you identify at least two.
I am over 35 and I don’t know what the “Real Slim Shady” refers to, nor have I seen the movie “8 Mile”. Sorry. I have heard of Eminem but I have never listened to his songs or seen his movies.
I thought the Real Slim Shady was his nickname or the name of his breakout album.
It was a persona. But also a song. Almost all I know about him from from an NPR program about him that I managed to catch while on a long drive.
I didn't know it was a song. Never saw 8 Mile either.
Do you people not watch TV? I've never seen 8 Mile either.
It may be a California thing. I think Eminem is from Jimmy's neck of the woods. Out here in California, Eminem is somewhat of a nobody.
I'm not exactly hip with what is considered pop culture. I listen to Prog Rock. But I don't live under a rock.

I thought the Real Slim Shady was his nickname or the name of his breakout album. I didn't know it was a song. Never saw 8 Mile either. It may be a California thing. I think Eminem is from Jimmy's neck of the woods. Out here in California, Eminem is somewhat of a nobody.

Real talk, if you visit any predominantly Black neighborhood where cars are blasting music with concert speakers, you’ll never hear Eminem disturbing the peace. This has nothing to do with anything but a fact.

I'm over 65 and have a fair amount of Rap/Hip Hop in my music collection. I've known of Eminem from the beginning. Every Michigander does. But frankly I've never heard an Eminem song I liked.

I'm over 65 and have a fair amount of Rap/Hip Hop in my music collection. I've known of Eminem from the beginning. Every Michigander does. But frankly I've never heard an Eminem song I liked.
What little I know about Eminem came from a phase my partner went through a few years ago. He bought a few Eminem CDs and played them all too often.

Ick
Tom

I seriously doubt Kamala would have any of the hip-hop artists I blast to get ridiculously hyped on her campaign trail. Classic ‘90s groups like M.O.P., known for tracks like Ante Up and Stick to Ya Gunz, Gang Starr with hits like Take It Personal and You Know My Steez, or The Lox, famous for We Are The Streets. Not even a slightly newer artists like Benny the Butcher would make the cut.

I mean, I wouldn’t have them running campaigns for IIDB.ORG, even though that would be pretty gangsta!

I thought the Real Slim Shady was his nickname or the name of his breakout album.
It was a persona. But also a song. Almost all I know about him from from an NPR program about him that I managed to catch while on a long drive.
I didn't know it was a song. Never saw 8 Mile either.
Do you people not watch TV? I've never seen 8 Mile either.
It may be a California thing. I think Eminem is from Jimmy's neck of the woods. Out here in California, Eminem is somewhat of a nobody.
I'm not exactly hip with what is considered pop culture. I listen to Prog Rock. But I don't live under a rock.
I'm old. I'm not dead.
Slim Shady was a persona on a couple of his albums I think. Catchy for rap. I usually abhor rap which did produce some white guy guilt on my part for only liking Eminem but it is what it is.

I seriously doubt Kamala would have any of the hip-hop artists I blast to get ridiculously hyped on her campaign trail. Classic ‘90s groups like M.O.P., known for tracks like Ante Up and Stick to Ya Gunz, Gang Starr with hits like Take It Personal and You Know My Steez, or The Lox, famous for We Are The Streets. Not even a slightly newer artists like Benny the Butcher would make the cut.

I mean, I wouldn’t have them running campaigns for IIDB.ORG, even though that would be pretty gangsta!
What about DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. That stuff was hardcore! /white person

So for anyone keeping score, Lil' Jon performed at the DNC. Taylor Swift has come out in support of Harris. Eminem joined Obama on stage in Detroit and offered his endorsement, and now Insane Clown Posse has endorsed her.

Meanwhile, on the Trump end of things..."the kids today, they don't know about Arnold Palmer. Great golfer. Who loves golf?!"

Between that and dancing to YMCA, it's almost like he's trying to turn off anyone under the age of 40.
Or, alternatively, one could argue that Kamala is trying to turn off anyone older than 40...
One can argue anything. That particular argument would be incredibly unpersuasive. There are lots of 40+ who like Taylor Swift (although I am not one of them). There a lots of 40+ who are not racist xenophobes.

I'm 59 and after reading some of these responses, I'm feeling pretty young and hip at heart. Must have something to do with being in radio for over 30 years, and now working with a bunch of younger people at a tech company. I'm not down with the latest hip hop, but for my age, I'm (musically) pretty spry!

p.s. my grandma's house was halfway between 9 Mile and 8 Mile, so I almost have something in common with Eminem!

Between that and dancing to YMCA, it's almost like he's trying to turn off anyone under the age of 40.
With Village People, maybe he is making a move for the gay vote.
village-people-in-the-navy.gif

So for anyone keeping score, Lil' Jon performed at the DNC. Taylor Swift has come out in support of Harris. Eminem joined Obama on stage in Detroit and offered his endorsement, and now Insane Clown Posse has endorsed her.

Meanwhile, on the Trump end of things..."the kids today, they don't know about Arnold Palmer. Great golfer. Who loves golf?!"

As a reminder... Insane Clown Posse started in 1989. Taylor Swift is technically bigger than Jesus.
So were the Beatles once.

I think you have never been in a prison?
I have not. Neither me personally nor somebody I would want to visit.
I believe that not all prisons are like "the Hollywood prisons"?
There are levels, of course. Minimum, medium, maximum security. Then "administrative maximum" (aka supermax) got added such as ADX Florence where a lot of terrorists reside. Shoe Bomber, Underpants Bomber, and until shortly before his death Unabomber too.

Obviously, maximum security has a lot more potential for drama, which is why movies and TV often feature them. Not that there aren't minimum security prisons featured in fiction too. Here we have George meet a woman in prison, and he is disappointed that it's a minimum security facility with no yard fights and solitary.

Baier: You're administration relaxed sanctions on Iran allowing billions of dollars to go to Iran's proxy armies
It's a fair question. Biden did blunder that one.
Just like he blundered the Afghanistan withdrawal.

Lucky for him, the Israel-Gaza war overshadowed all that.

Real talk, if you visit any predominantly Black neighborhood where cars are blasting music with concert speakers, you’ll never hear Eminem disturbing the peace. This has nothing to do with anything but a fact.
I wonder. Who are they blasting these days? Mumble rappers?

Back
Top Bottom