• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

If anybody thinks that the authors of the 14.3th Amendment didn't intend the president to be included, they are both factually wrong (see Federalists papers, congressional testimony from the time) and just plain loony.

They were talking about stripping the voting rights of ALL Southerners for an entire election cycle. If you imagine that they would ban people from running for congress but would leave a giant loop-hole for Jefferson Davis to run for the presidency then you have lost your mind.

Oh behave. The old duffer doesn’t know if it’s New York or New Year. He’s spinning around that stage clueless. “Dr Jill” is out there to make sure he gets off the stage in case Brandon goes rogue. He’s 81 ffs and he looks every day of it.

If you believe the nonsense from the Daily Mail, then your mental state and grip on reality are a lot worse off than your imaginary "Brandon" caricature.

“Dr Jill” always gives me chuckle.
A Woman? With a Degree? Pass me my smelling salts, those bracket-faced suffragettes have gone too far this time!
She has a PhD in education leadership or whatever. Technically she can use the title “doctor” but I still get a chuckle out of it. She’s putting it to good use chaperoning her dementia addled husband.

Oh behave. The old duffer doesn’t know if it’s New York or New Year. He’s spinning around that stage clueless. “Dr Jill” is out there to make sure he gets off the stage in case Brandon goes rogue. He’s 81 ffs and he looks every day of it.

If you believe the nonsense from the Daily Mail, then your mental state and grip on reality are a lot worse off than your imaginary "Brandon" caricature.
“Believe”? wtf? I look at the video and I see a very elderly confused and vacant looking old geezer stumbling about the stage being chaperoned by his wife. What did you see exactly?

Bullshit. He was fine and the Daily Fail sucks ass.

Maybe it's you that has trouble with outward perceptions and that's why you continue to get this shit wrong.

“Believe”? wtf? I look at the video and I see a very elderly confused and vacant looking old geezer stumbling about the stage being chaperoned by his wife. What did you see exactly?

I saw an elderly man who was happy to be done with his speech, to greet his wife onstage, and wave at his cheering audience. Obviously, you saw the images that you've had tattooed on your brain from tabloid propaganda rags like the Daily Mail. The more claptrap you tar Joe Biden with, the better you think it makes Donald Trump, your saint and martyred hero, look.

2024 Republican Party presidential debates and forums

The next scheduled debates are on Jan 10, 18, and 21. On the first one, only Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley are expected to show up, with Donald Trump being a no-show in that one also, and Chris Christie and Vivek Ramaswamy disqualified.

2024 Republican Party presidential primaries

The Iowa caucus is on Jan 15, and the New Hampshire primary on Jan 23.

What happens when: Jan 15 IA - Jan 23 NH - Feb 8 NV, VI - Feb 24 SC - Feb 27 MI - Mar 2 ID, MI - Mar 3 DC - Mar 4 ND - Mar 5 (Super Tuesday) AK, AL, AR, AS, CA, CO, MA, ME, MN, NC, OK, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT - Mar 12 GA, HI, MS, WA - Mar 15 MP - Mar 16 GU - Mar 19 AZ, FL, IL, KS, OH - Mar 23 LA - Apr 2 CT, DE, NY, RI, WI - Apr 20 WY - Apr 21 PR - Apr 23 PA - May 4 MO - May 7 IN - May 14 - MD, NE, WV - May 18 MT - May 21 KY - May 24 OR - Jun 4 NJ NM

So the combined schedule is

Jan 10 debate - Jan 15 IA caucus - Jan 18 debate - Jan 21 debate - Jan 23 NH primary

If previous Presidential primaries are any guide, the lower-performing candidates are likely to drop out after IA and NH, and very likely after Super Tuesday. So all that will be left are Donald Trump and maybe Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley.

I'm sure that Asa Hutchinson will drop out after IA and NH, or at most Super Tuesday. He seems to be in the level-headed-Republican-governor lane, but the other one in that lane, Doug Burgum, has already dropped out, and he is doing as poorly as DB did in his last days as a candidate.

Chris Christie has a point to make about Donald Trump's unfitness to office, so I think that he will continue to Super Tuesday at the least.

Is Vivek Ramaswamy running for Vice President?

I saw an elderly man who was happy to be done with his speech, to greet his wife onstage, and wave at his cheering audience. Obviously, you saw the images that you've had tattooed on your brain from tabloid propaganda rags like the Daily Mail. The more claptrap you tar Joe Biden with, the better you think it makes Donald Trump, your saint and martyred hero, look.
lol, you be trippin’ yo. Why was “Dr Jill” on stage? For what possible reason was she there other than to steer the old duffer off stage. Have you ever seen anything like it. lol.

lol, you be trippin’ yo. Why was “Dr Jill” on stage? For what possible reason was she there other than to steer the old duffer off stage. Have you ever seen anything like it. lol.
Literally every time your messiah is interviewed by Hannity.

Let's see. Why was the First Lady, who has been married to the man since 1977, at the speech where he was kicking off his 2024 election run? I remember when Melania Trump was at Trump's famous trip down the escalator to announce his run for President. But I guess you're right. Melania was only there to help him down the escalator. So we'll all need to think about why Biden dragged his wife along to give an important campaign speech. Must have been to help him offstage, eh? :thinking:

She has a PhD in education leadership or whatever. Technically she can use the title “doctor” but I still get a chuckle out of it. She’s putting it to good use chaperoning her dementia addled husband.
Even worse. An EdD, not a PhD. Reminds me of this quote from "Stranger in a Strange Land".
Robert A Heinlein said:
- “Oh, I’m not offended. But when they began handing out doctorates for comparative folk dancing and advanced flyfishing, I became too stinkin’ proud to use the title. I won’t touch watered whiskey and take no pride in watered-down degrees. Call me Jubal.”
- “Oh. But the degree in medicine hasn’t been watered down.”
- “Time they called it something else, so as not to confuse it with playground supervisors.”
An EdD does sound a lot like a "playground supervisor".

It also reminds me of nurses who get a DNP degree and then call themselves "doctors", which is bound to confuse patients. Bad enough that there are two different legit physician degrees in the US.
A Woman? With a Degree? Pass me my smelling salts, those bracket-faced suffragettes have gone too far this time!
To people like Politesse it is always about race or gender. Very predictable.

Last edited:
Biden could have been dead for a week, with the first lady propping him up in the style of Weekend at Burnie's, and he would still make a more suitable and less dangerous candidate for US President than the Orange Insurrectionist.
An old joke. Plenty of "Weekend at Biden's" images on the Internet, like this one:
wab2506900-weekend-at-bidens-funny--white-at-garment.webp

Too bad Bernie didn't win the 2020 primaries. He is even older, and they would not even have to change the title of the movie.

I apologize for misdiagnosing your anti-intellectualism as misogyny, though I cannot say I find either trait particularly charming.
It's not anti-intellectualism to decry the proliferation of second-rate doctorates like EdDs (compared with PhDs) or DNPs (compared with MDs).
But US tertiary education system is a matter for another thread I guess, so I won't belabor the point. Suffice to say that contrary to your insulting post, TSwizzle's point was not about Jill Biden being a woman.

Back
Top Bottom