• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

I believe "IJBOL" is a shorthand for "ROFL", which itself is an abbreviation of "LOL". In my day, we took the time to type out the entire word "Ha".
Eh. Abbreviations are a young man's game. I just sort of fart at the screen and then vote a local conservative onto the School Board.

I believe "IJBOL" is a shorthand for "ROFL", which itself is an abbreviation of "LOL". In my day, we took the time to type out the entire word "Ha".

That's the point. Subsequent generations wish to avoid being perceived as old fogeys, even if it means using more letters.
'k

I don't get it. Not much happens in the video. Did I miss something significant? And what does IJBOL mean?

The only thing I can see is the word "fuckin'", which maybe women are not supposed to say? I dunno. IJBOL stands for "I Just Burst Out Laughing" in internet acronym slang.
Nobody drops the f-bomb in the video though, AFAICT (that means As Far As I Can Tell, for Elixir and other geezers).

I'm thinking maybe what she's cooking is a traditional African American chicken recipe, but she added some Indian spice like turmeric thus proving that she doesn't know if she's black or Indian. :unsure:

I got a text yesterday from "Trump for traditional wives" and I'm still trying to decide if it was sarcasm. It did make me laugh my ass off because I wondered how many women would be impressed by this; Here goes: Of course, I texted stop to end. Do y'all think this was sarcasm or what?

Women today need to go back to serving their Husbands and knowing their role as an obedient wife and loving mother. Kamala Harris and the Democrat Party are obsessed with stopping God's plan for women and murdering the unborn. Life begins at conception and sex before marriage is a sin. Please vote for our President, Donald J. Trump. stop to end

I got a text yesterday from "Trump for traditional wives" and I'm still trying to decide if it was sarcasm. It did make me laugh my ass off because I wondered how many women would be impressed by this; Here goes: Of course, I texted stop to end. Do y'all think this was sarcasm or what?

Women today need to go back to serving their Husbands and knowing their role as an obedient wife and loving mother. Kamala Harris and the Democrat Party are obsessed with stopping God's plan for women and murdering the unborn. Life begins at conception and sex before marriage is a sin. Please vote for our President, Donald J. Trump. stop to end
Satire. At least I hope so.

Kamala can pretend she's an accomplished cook, but it will blow up in her face when DJT releases his dinner video of Uber Eats with a Double Bacon Cheese Quarter Pounder, the biggest goddamn slice of chocolate cake you ever saw in your life, and, to keep things trim 'n' healthy, a 40 oz. Diet Coke. Who wouldya rather eat with, America?

Kamala can pretend she's an accomplished cook, but it will blow up in her face when DJT releases his dinner video of Uber Eats with a Double Bacon Cheese Quarter Pounder, the biggest goddamn slice of chocolate cake you ever saw in your life, and, to keep things trim 'n' healthy, a 40 oz. Diet Coke. Who wouldya rather eat with, America?
Uh...I think I'll plead the fifth amendment regarding those meal choices. :redface:

What can y’all glean from this?
1725210224796.png
It costs $.46 to bet Republicans win the Presidency, but $.47 to bet on Trump.
(All bets pay $1.00 if you win)

At the same time, it costs a penny more to bet Kami wins the Presidency than to bet she’ll be #47. At least it is possible; if Joe croaks or quits before the next inauguration, she can be #47 without winning the election. But that bet should be MORE expensive rather than less.

The killer for me … who is thinking that it’s a better deal to bet on Trump at $.47 than $.46 on any Republican (a category that fucking INCLUDES Trump)?

Reading through the comments, there are a few true blowhard trumpsuckers, so I put it down to their stupidity.

At the same time, it costs a penny more to bet Kami wins the Presidency than to bet she’ll be #47. At least it is possible; if Joe croaks or quits before the next inauguration, she can be #47 without winning the election. But that bet should be MORE expensive rather than less.
It depends on how the question is phrased. Are bettors even thinking about the possibility of Joe dyeing? My first thought was that all three questions were the same. The bettors themselves don't set the prices. The price is just a function of the % of people who decide to bet. Do they bet on all three? There is no reason the results should be equal. 1c difference is meaningless.

Last edited:
Are bettors even thinking about the possibility of Joe dyeing?
From the comments they’re thinking Joe will resign. That way Kami can send Seal Team 6 to visit The Felon, and/or attack dog Walz can refuse to certify a Trump win.
The price is just a function of the % of people who decide to bet.
It doesn’t fluctuate a lot. It has consistently cost more to bet on Trump than on “a Republican”. It SHOULD self-correct if betters were rational.

It doesn’t fluctuate a lot. It has consistently cost more to bet on Trump than on “a Republican”. It SHOULD self-correct if betters were rational.
A couple of points:

1) Bettors are no better at reasoning than anyone else, so expecting rationality is unwarranted

2) The volume for the bet on "2024 presidential election winner?" is about five times as large as the volume bet on "Harris the 47th US president?", and about ten times the volume on "Which party wins the presidency in 2024?". That strongly suggests that many bettors are only paying attention to the first question, and may not even notice that they could get better odds backing a party than they can get backing an individual candidate.

I didn't get where I am today by fawning over my bettors.

I didn't get where I am today by fawning over my bettors.

If that is a pun, it’s a damned good one, and well played.

(And if you, Bilby, are engaged in an endeavor which places you in the eye of the oddsmakers, well, I wouldn’t bet against you.) heh

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

We grieve the senseless death of the Israeli Hostages, horrifically including a wonderful American Citizen, Hersh Goldberg-Polin, murdered by Hamas due to a complete lack of American Strength and Leadership. Make no mistake — This happened because Comrade Kamala Harris and Crooked Joe Biden are poor Leaders. Americans are getting slaughtered overseas, while Kamala is disparaging and making up lies about Gold Star families, and Biden is sleeping on the beach on this 16th consecutive day of vacation. They have blood on their hands! Sadly, this is the total lack of “Leadership” that Kamala and Biden represent — One that allows terrorists to take American lives, because they only care about Weaponizing the Department of Justice against their Political Opponent. Just like the Debacle of the Afghanistan Withdrawal that claimed 13 American lives,

Kamala and Biden’s judgment has not only put lives at risk, but is directly responsible for unnecessary deaths that should have never happened.

Our Country and our amazing people are not safe under Joe Biden, and will be less safe under Kamala Harris. This terror would have never happened if I were President, and it will stop the day I am back in the Oval Office. America will be Strong Again, and that will make the World Safe and Secure!

Ha! Perfect!

I accuse Trump of a serious crime, one that I say should have him jailed. Yet this is a crime that would also describe actions of Biden, Obama, and Bush Jr. Therefore nobody acknowledges the crime I accuse Trump of and accuse me of supporting him.

Ha! Perfect!

I accuse Trump of a serious crime, one that I say should have him jailed. Yet this is a crime that would also describe actions of Biden, Obama, and Bush Jr. Therefore nobody acknowledges the crime I accuse Trump of and accuse me of supporting him.

When you are done pretending to be ignored, which of Donald's Trump's indictments do you classify as "lawfare"? Are any of them frivolous and without merit? If you expect to be acknowledged, then you should at least try to acknowledge others. If you want to say that you don't support Trump, that's fine. But it seems reasonable to wonder why heap so much criticism on Democrats and so little on Trump and the party that is the Republican frontrunner.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

We grieve the senseless death of the Israeli Hostages, horrifically including a wonderful American Citizen, Hersh Goldberg-Polin, murdered by Hamas due to a complete lack of American Strength and Leadership. Make no mistake — This happened because Comrade Kamala Harris and Crooked Joe Biden are poor Leaders. Americans are getting slaughtered overseas, while Kamala is disparaging and making up lies about Gold Star families, and Biden is sleeping on the beach on this 16th consecutive day of vacation. They have blood on their hands! Sadly, this is the total lack of “Leadership” that Kamala and Biden represent — One that allows terrorists to take American lives, because they only care about Weaponizing the Department of Justice against their Political Opponent. Just like the Debacle of the Afghanistan Withdrawal that claimed 13 American lives,

Kamala and Biden’s judgment has not only put lives at risk, but is directly responsible for unnecessary deaths that should have never happened.

Our Country and our amazing people are not safe under Joe Biden, and will be less safe under Kamala Harris. This terror would have never happened if I were President, and it will stop the day I am back in the Oval Office. America will be Strong Again, and that will make the World Safe and Secure!
Fragilego Mussolini has no business criticizing Joe for taking a much-deserved vacation, considering that when he was in the White House, Trump spent more time on the links than he did in intelligence briefings. Oh, and you aren't even safe at your own goddamned rallies, you ignorant fuckstick. One of your followers got murdered right in front of you, and your response was to wear a tampon on your ear and play victim. Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

Back
Top Bottom