• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

While speaking on the Alex Jones Show from jail via Skype, Biggs explained he held out hope the former president would pardon him if he won the 2024 presidential election.

He said: "They want to send a message to Americans that if you go to these events, if you are part of a political group, they're going to throw you in prison for a long time. They want you scared.

"They don't want you to go out and vote, they want people scared before it's time to vote and that's why all this heat's happening right now. You know, this is ridiculous. We went there that day with no plan, with nothing. We were there like every other American but it's because we're a political group."
So much for that crying and just "going along with the crowd" bullshit.

These folk are not just trumpsuckers or fools, they’re power seekers hoping to attain unforetold fame and riches as High Officers in the Republican Guard of the Trump Regime of 2025-through-whenever Cheato croaks.
Don’t expect anything like integrity out of them.

Enrique Tarrio got 22 years sentence today.
Plus 18, 17, 15, and 10 for his fellow "boys," along with 18 for the Oaf Keepers guy. Half a dozen "leaders" of the insurrection have reached the "...and find out" phase. Enjoy that federal prison food, fellas.

Plus 18, 17, 15, and 10 for his fellow "boys," along with 18 for the Oaf Keepers guy. Half a dozen "leaders" of the insurrection have reached the "...and find out" phase. Enjoy that federal prison food, fellas.
If you gonna insurrect you betta win!

Actually, they got away with a lot.

For most of human history, and most of the current world,
People who did what they did would have been dead by Jan7th or so. Including Trump.

Imagine doing what those people did in 2023 Moscow. Yeah right.
Tom

People who did what they did would have been dead by Jan7th or so. Including Trump.

Imagine doing what those people did in 2023 Moscow. Yeah right.
Tom
Take heart, Tom. There’s plenty of time to break ‘em out of jail and drag ‘em through the streets on the end of a rope!

Tarrio: "Every media channel that I turned to told me I was justified.”

Anyone want to hazard a guess what media that was?

Don't threaten me with a good time...

But now that I think about it, what a staggering display of incompetence. The Trump administration knew two whole months before January 6th that they'd lost the election. Trump was still in charge of an entire branch of the federal government, with full access to the levers of power such as were granted to him. If you were going to go a-couping (cooing? coup coup kachew?) that would have been the time to do it. Two months. Yet the legal team of All Thumbs, LLC settled on "maybe we can get some fake electors and....something something throw it to the Congress"? When the date for their endgame came around, it was thwarted by Mike "I'll have to ask my wife first" Pence who said "no...I don't think so." A bunch of weekend warriors and listless Trump supporters did some serious damage on the 6th, but didn't exactly overthrow the government, and after that fiasco, the Trump camp still had almost 2 weeks to seize power before the handover by doing...something?

One one level, it's terrifying to think that it came to this...with cosplaying idiots storming the Capitol and shitty lawyers plotting in the White House, but on another level? Worst. Attempted. Coup. Ever.

If this had happened under the Roman republic or the Assyrian Empire or in ancient Egypt, I could almost see the emperors/pharoah saying "you know, we actually kinda feel sorry for you. This was lame. Normally we'd kill all of you and put your heads on pikes outside of the capitol, but we're just going to exile you to an island for the rest of your lives, kill all your children so they don't try this stupid shit again, and scrub your names off all the inscriptions. We hope you've learned your lesson."

Normally we'd kill all of you and put your heads on pikes outside of the capitol,
You know why the Romans used crucifixion for this sort of thing?

Because it was long and slow.
Humiliating.
Public.
Painful.

People like the January 6th insurrectionists died over the course of a couple of days. Screaming in delirium. On full display in public.

Crucifixion let everyone else know just how bad an idea treason was.

There's today's Bible study.

Tom

Normally we'd kill all of you and put your heads on pikes outside of the capitol,

Humiliating.
Public.
Painful.

People like the January 6th insurrectionists died over the course of a couple of days. Screaming in delirium. On full display in public.

Tom

Humiliating.
Public.
Painful.

Tom

Drawing and quartering. Or hanging and gibbetting. We've gone too soft I says.

Don't threaten me with a good time...

But now that I think about it, what a staggering display of incompetence. The Trump administration knew two whole months before January 6th that they'd lost the election. Trump was still in charge of an entire branch of the federal government, with full access to the levers of power such as were granted to him. If you were going to go a-couping (cooing? coup coup kachew?) that would have been the time to do it. Two months. Yet the legal team of All Thumbs, LLC settled on "maybe we can get some fake electors and....something something throw it to the Congress"? When the date for their endgame came around, it was thwarted by Mike "I'll have to ask my wife first" Pence who said "no...I don't think so." A bunch of weekend warriors and listless Trump supporters did some serious damage on the 6th, but didn't exactly overthrow the government, and after that fiasco, the Trump camp still had almost 2 weeks to seize power before the handover by doing...something?

One one level, it's terrifying to think that it came to this...with cosplaying idiots storming the Capitol and shitty lawyers plotting in the White House, but on another level? Worst. Attempted. Coup. Ever.

If this had happened under the Roman republic or the Assyrian Empire or in ancient Egypt, I could almost see the emperors/pharoah saying "you know, we actually kinda feel sorry for you. This was lame. Normally we'd kill all of you and put your heads on pikes outside of the capitol, but we're just going to exile you to an island for the rest of your lives, kill all your children so they don't try this stupid shit again, and scrub your names off all the inscriptions. We hope you've learned your lesson."
They couldn't get the military onside--Trump's frequent snarky remarks about the military and dead soldiers and John McCain came back to bite him.

Conservatives have found another company too "woke" to work with. This time it's a gun safe manufacturer. The people who are ticked off about it are the sort of "responsible gun owners" who get very, very angry when their gun safe manufacturer ... cooperates with law enforcement against suspected criminals.

Back on Sept. 5, Liberty Safe announced on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, that it had obeyed a FBI request that it disclose the combination to a Liberty-manufactured safe found during an FBI search. The company disclosed no details, but the warrant in question was soon determined to be related to an FBI search of the property of a Jan. 6 insurrection suspect.

This revelation led to a new epic conservative hissy fit, with one high-profile tweeter declaring: "We have officially found the Bud Light of gun safes. Enjoy going out of business, @libertysafeinc." That tweet and others went viral, with responses ranging from "What's the point in buying a safe if the people who sell you the safe can give other people the code to the safe?" to, "We live in a nation that has gone totally rogue."

"What's the point in buying a safe if the people who sell you the safe can give other people the code to the safe?"
This seems, on the face of it, to be a fair question.
Not to me.

If you've got a weapon and get investigated for a major crime, the cops get access to otherwise confidential information.
What's difficult about that?
Tom

"What's the point in buying a safe if the people who sell you the safe can give other people the code to the safe?"
This seems, on the face of it, to be a fair question.
It's also a very dated question, the answer to which is itself a question:

What kind of idiot would buy a safe and then not immediately change the code to something only they themselves know?

Any security system that can be (non destructively) opened by its manufacturer (or anyone else who isn't provided with the code/combination/key by its owner) isn't a security system.

Getting angry at the manufacturer for giving the default code to the cops, is like using your dog's name as your internet banking password, and then getting mad at your dog when someone cleans out your account.

Of course, if there's a "master code" that cannot be changed, and that the manufacturer can use to open any of their safes, then no sensible person should ever buy their product.

Back
Top Bottom