• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The vanguard of the Caravan is already in Mexico City, more than halfway to the border

Apparently the Caravan has not been forgotten. If Trump has forgotten it, his defense secretary and all the troops he placed have not. If the media has gotten bored with the issue, it may make it easier for them to get away with whatever atrocities they are planning to commit.

Yeah, all those awful terrorist activities like becoming dishwashers, cooks, housekeepers, laundry personnel, factory workers, drivers, construction workers, maintenance workers, mechanics (jobs which many white people feel are beneath them), working their asses off, feeding their families, and sending money back home. Those evil bastards! :mad:
I meant the soldiers.

D'oh!

Sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic.

:picardfacepalm: < to myself, for poor reading skills.

The caravan of illegals has arrived. That was quick, they certainly were not walking. Although so far it is only the vanguard that has arrived so far. The bulk of the caravan is further behind, although they too are motorized, traveling by buses.
Migrant caravan: First Central Americans arrive at the US-Mexico border
And new caravans are forming as we speak. Imagine how many more will form if we let all these people in.

And let's not get started again on the "asylum seeker" bullshit. They are economic migrants, trying to enter ilegally. They are merely using asylum law to fraudulently gain entrance into US.
For example, from here.
LA Times said:
“We are going to Tijuana and from there to the United States,” said Alex Renderos, 22, a Guatemalan who was among the multitudes seeking to catch a train on Mexico City’s metro system out of this mega-city. “We want to work and send money to our families. I have four younger sisters and my parents back home.”
No word about any persecution or any legitimate asylum reason. What he wants is to send money to his family in Guatemala. If the place was so dangerous, why leave his family there?

The caravan plans to go to San Diego to cross the border and surrender to border officials there.
Or rather climb the fence.
8d978567-644c-4b0f-b3a9-381f12f061c3-VPC_MIGRANT_CARAVAN_AT_BORDER_DESKTOP_THUMB.jpg

Trump sent the troops to the whole other side of the country where the Rio Grande meets the Gulf of Mexico.
That was the shortest route. But the illegals are making a beeline for the sanctuary state of California, a much longer way. That because in California it is especially difficult to deport any illegals. Even when they are five times deported seven time felons like José Inez García Zárate. :rolleyes:

Yeah, all those awful terrorist activities like becoming dishwashers, cooks, housekeepers, laundry personnel, factory workers, drivers, construction workers, maintenance workers, mechanics (jobs which many white people feel are beneath them), working their asses off, feeding their families, and sending money back home. Those evil bastards! :mad:
So you admit they are not legitimate asylum seekers, but instead garden variety illegal economic migrants?
Letting in large numbers of poorly educated migrants will depress wages as well as property values wherever they decide to live 15 to a house.
And sending money back home removes that money from circulation in the US economy.

Then relax. Nobody is advocating for that.
Maybe they are not calling it that, but it is a distinction without a difference. Welcoming everyone who marches to the border sure sounds to me like open borders. Yes, there is the formality of "asking for asylum" but anybody can request asylum and lie about "persecution". If we let people into the country just for "requesting asylum", how is that different than open borders?

This criminal circus they're calling an administration couldn't waste more money if it tried.
They have bungled many things, true, but rejection of the doctrine of using the asylum system to facilitate mass migration is one of the few sound ideas they have. Asylum is supposed to be an exception, for real cases of persecution. Not a rule, for everybody who wants a "better life" and "send money back" to their families.

- - - Updated - - -

They know that many voters are just buttons.
No different for Democratic voters.
- "Oh, look, a caravan of migrants!"
- "We must let them all in!"

- - - Updated - - -

For the benefit of non-Americans: immigration is a constant topic of discussion among white supremacists, because most of their plans for starting ethnic cleansing start with tinkering with the implementation of immigration laws.

Typical Underseer: if anybody objects to mass migration, illegal migration or asylum abuse, we must be "white supremacists".
:rolleyes:

Literally, sticks and stones.
So if I pelt you with stones and hit you with a stick, you wouldn't mind? It's a violent attack, as is toppling a fence.
Tear gas was all it took.
Not really, as all these illegals still got through.

And we still don't know what started the incident or how many people were involved. Just "a group" (leaving one of them dead, no less, from a rubber bullet that inexplicably was supposedly not carried by any Mexican soldiers).
No, but we know that the group that did it is violent.

Welcoming everyone who marches to the border sure sounds to me like open borders.

So, "welcoming" someone that is standing outside of your house just somehow automatically means they can enter your house and do anything they want to inside of it and you're somehow powerless to intervene in any manner? Do you live in a Dracula movie?

Yes, there is the formality of "asking for asylum"

Some would call that "formality" "due process" or "taking prescribed steps to enter a country legally."

but anybody can request asylum and lie about "persecution".

Those dastardly bastards! And we're once again powerless to determine such a thing! We are SO IMPOTENT! KILL THEM ALL!

If we let people into the country just for "requesting asylum"

Which we don't.

how is that different than open borders?

You're not too quick on the uptake are you sport? Genuine question, not an insult.

They have bungled many things, true, but rejection of the doctrine of using the asylum system to facilitate mass migration is one of the few sound ideas they have.

Sooooo, you mean, like every single administration before them, particularly since, as Trump his-bad-ol'-self pointed out, they WILL be granted asylum if they qualify and the only reason (allegedly) he was sending troops was to weed out the bad apples?

At no point was the sending of troops ever stated (at least) to be about denying asylum to everyone who officially requested they be considered for it (and background checked and all of the other legal steps we have in place for such requests).

Asylum is supposed to be an exception, for real cases of persecution.

As can ONLY BE DETERMINED AFTER SOMEONE PRESENTS THEMSELVES AND MAKES A FORMAL REQUEST FOR ASYLUM, since, obviously, until someone physically presents themselves and makes a formal request, there is nothing to be done yet.

Not a rule, for everybody who wants a "better life" and "send money back" to their families.

You should apply to be an asylum request processor. You're so smart it would be sooooo easy for you to weed out the bad apples and know how to stand up to something so crippling to normal human beings as someone lying about wanting a "better life" and to "send money back" to their families!? Oh MAN! HOW WOULD THAT BE, BRO? You could, like, totally lie-detector they're asses, man, and that's all you'd have to do! They'd be like, "WHAAAAT!?" And you'd be all, "pchewww!" and stuff and then you'd get a congreshnul mettle! And a PIECE PRIZE! Dude! You'd be rolling init!

Derec, this is such bullshit that you repeat over and over:
It's not bullshit. Articles, especially those sympathetic to the caravan, like to quote these migrants in their own words. And what do they talk about? Horrible persecutions by the mustache-twirling villain ruling Honduras? Hardly! All they talk about is lack of jobs in Honduras, low wages in Honduras, desire to make a lot of money and send much of it back home to their families, whom they are leaving behind in Honduras (weird, if Honduras was as dangerous as all that).

That article is unadulterated bullshit from the very headline. The life expectancy in Honduras is 71.2 years. That means plenty of people are "growing old".
And there are gangs in the US as well. That's not grounds for asylum.
And besides, some of our own gang problems, like MS-13, are because of illegal Central Americans! You can bet your ass some of these migrants in the caravan are the gang members this article is writing about. Why would we want to import more of that?

Of course, they are also going to want to make a living after leaving their gang riddled and corrupt homeland if given a choice. There is zero indication this is their primary or sole reason for most of them.
Except their own words.

This is referring to the April caravan. Most of them did stay in Mexico.
But a majority of this caravan is determined to enter US, by hook or by crook.

It's not bullshit...
Yes, it is bs. You persist in taking an unrepresentative sample, assume there is only motivation (as if people cannot have multiple reasons), and assume that all of them are going to enter illegally.

And, of course, even if the are economic migrants, so what? The US unemployment is at an all time low.

WTF are you really afraid of?

It's not bullshit...
Yes, it is bs. You persist in taking an unrepresentative sample, assume there is only motivation (as if people cannot have multiple reasons), and assume that all of them are going to enter illegally.

And, of course, even if the are economic migrants, so what? The US unemployment is at an all time low.

All them middle easterners and turrists and rapists and gangbangers and nazis....oh, whoops. Strike that last part.

So if I pelt you with stones and hit you with a stick, you wouldn't mind?

Wow, you moved that goalpost a LONG way. You probably need a rest after such an arduous trip.

The other day, I came home to find a car parked on my front lawn. I minded. I minded a LOT.

I found out that it belonged to a person who was visiting my next door neighbour. So I had some stern words with both the neighbour, and his friend. They didn't think I would mind; Now they know that I do.

Guess how many people I shot? Or threatened to shoot?

Go on, guess.

I will give you a clue - it begins with 'Z'.

That was the shortest route. But the illegals are making a beeline for the sanctuary state of California, a much longer way. That because in California it is especially difficult to deport any illegals. Even when they are five times deported seven time felons like José Inez García Zárate. :rolleyes:

There may be humans that have violated some US law about trespassing but nobody is "an illegal".

To so easily dehumanize fellow human beings that are just having a very hard time is a mental illness.

It is the sickness of our age. Maybe every age of the human ape.

The dehumanized human calling other humans "illegals".

laughing dog;616312 You persist in taking an unrepresentative sample said:
Yes, it's not a random sample, but that doesn't matter, especially since we have nothing better.
Consider that these quotes I posted have been published by news media favorable to the caravan such as the LA Times. They would have an interest in publishing the "flee for our lives" narrative if they could. That they can by and large only find people who want to make money and send it home to their families is very telling about the truth of why these people are migrating.
[quote[ assume there is only motivation (as if people cannot have multiple reasons),
If "have to flee for our lives" was a motivation, they would have led with that, instead of "want to send money to my sisters" or "want to build a house for my mother".
and assume that all of them are going to enter illegally.
I am not assuming all of them are. But many will. Some are already climbing the fence in Tijuana and others admit that that's what they want to do.
Time said:
A few people pitched tents at the Tijuana beach plaza while most, like Henry Salinas, 30, of Honduras, planned to sleep there in the open.
He said that he intended to wait for thousands more in the caravan to arrive and that he hoped to jump the fence in a large group at the same time, overwhelming Border Patrol agents.
“It’s going to be all against one, one against all. All of Central America against one, and one against Central America. … All against Trump, and Trump against all,” he said.
Nothing threatening about this at all. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the Left touts the great Trump economy.
Except that the official unemployment rate is only the U3 and does not include discouraged workers or those working part time who would like to move into full time employment.
You are also ignoring that unemployment rate is linked with education.
bls-research-education-pays-2010.png

There are plenty of highly skilled jobs, requiring education, but comparatively few low-skilled jobs for high school dropouts. And it is the latter for which the migrants will be competing. We do not need more low-skilled workers in our economy.

Letting large numbers of these migrants in will depress wages in less skilled professions. Something Democrats should be against. But the time when Democrats were the champions of blue collar workers is long past. Now it's identity politics über alles.

Economic reasons are only one part of the picture. But culture is another. Taking in mass quantities of uneducated people from a different culture who do not speak English and in many cases do not want to learn English is a bad idea.

I'm so glad to see that Derec thinks so highly of the migrants he keeps calling some of them the "vanguard"
A vanguard is the first part of a larger group. It can be thinkers, but in this case it's just a horde of barely literate illegals.

There may be humans that have violated some US law about trespassing but nobody is "an illegal".

Of course they are illegals. Calling them "undocumented" is as stupid as saying a bank robbery is an "undocumented withdrawal".

It is the sickness of our age.
The real sickness of our age is this open borders nonsense pushed by the Left.

The dehumanized human calling other humans "illegals".
Just because they are fellow humans does not mean they should all be able to move to US.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, you moved that goalpost a LONG way. You probably need a rest after such an arduous trip.
No I did not. Some of these caravaners have showed that they are violent when they attacked Mexican border guards.

The other day, I came home to find a car parked on my front lawn. I minded. I minded a LOT.
Illegal parking is not the same as a violent assault.

Again, violently attacking border guards makes these migrants violent. Why should we let them into our country? Note that we have no way of knowing which ones are violent and which ones aren't. But we know at least some are, as they have demonstrated that in Mexico.

Of course they are illegals.

Only to ignorant bigots.

To moral human beings they are fellow human beings.

And a rich nation should give them some soup and a blanket.

A desperately poor nation might have the right to harm them.

Another illegal Honduran that admits that he has no case for asylum. This time reported by caravan-supporting New York Times.
NY Times said:
Olvin Joel Lobo Reyes, 21, who said he left Honduras because of poverty and was seeking a job in the United States, arrived on Tuesday among a group of about 350 caravan migrants. He spent the night in a small shelter in downtown Tijuana that had no running water, and was planning to try his luck on Wednesday in Playas, a borough in western Tijuana.
As for achieving his goal of getting a job in the United States, he had not figured out how he was going to do that. He was planning to wait for the bulk of the caravan to arrive because his understanding was that the group would march to the border en masse “and see what Trump says.”
He, like many migrants, hoped that the force of the gesture would persuade the American authorities to relent and let them in. If that didn’t happen, he had a Plan B: to stay in Mexico and look for work. And even a Plan C: to sneak across the American border with the aid of a smuggler.

Back
Top Bottom