• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

Stay home - save lives
Wear a mask - save lives.

Fuck off, they don't get to scold and shame me. Fuck them.

People are fucking dying, and you're being an asshole about it because you're offended by a few inches of fabric.

I'm offended by their rank hypocrisy. Get it right.

Stay home - save lives

I think you mean, "fuck the truth". Granted, it makes your argument look somewhat deplorable, but it is what it is.

On the back of liar, liar pants on fire Gavin Newsom comes the news that eight California lawmakers take a trip to Hawaii;

A group of California lawmakers have come under fire for flying to Hawaii for a policy conference despite health officials warning against out-of-state travel amid an alarming spike in coronavirus cases. At least seven assemblymembers and one state senator from districts around California are among the 75 people attending this week's conference hosted by the Independent Voter Project (IVP) at the five-star Fairmont Kea Lani Hotel in Wailea, Maui, according to the Los Angeles Times. Several of those legislators have now come out to defend their decision to ignore California's travel warnings - arguing that their attending the conference was important because it includes discussions about pandemic policies.

DailyMail

Hundreds of thousands of people thrown out of work and probably permanent poverty, thousands of small businesses lost for good and these cunts are taking the piss. Fuck them and their lockdown.

Ah yes, criticising people in government for conferring with each other, with no context of how or whether these people are doing their best to be responsible as they go about it. Disingenuous much?

As it is, it is not these officials taking steps to prevent relief efforts to prevent said poverty.

Maybe look in a mirror?
It was a dick thing to do though. Lawmakers shouldn't have gone to Hawaii during the pandemic for a conference that could have been done virtually.

Stay home - save lives

People are fucking dying, and you're being an asshole about it because you're offended by a few inches of fabric.

Then show how what they are doing is hypocrisy. You haven't satisfied the vast majority of us, because the vast majority of us have the ability to actually understand nuance: how, specifically, has their exact and observed behavior actually created risk?

Flying to hawaii is not, in and of itself, a risk behavior

Going to a conference is not, in and of itself, a risk behavior.

For that matter, neither are the majority of things you have called out as "hypocrisy": while certain people go about the important business of conferring over how to solve certain issues in a timely manner, they generally do so with a mind at mitigating the impact through the proven tactics of wearing masks and keeping distance. This is not something we can expect of the general population, especially given recalcitrants like, well, YOU.

I'm offended at the idea of someone who has, repeatedly, espoused that people should submit to 100% infection of a disease with a 20% chance of getting brain damage. Yeah, that's the ticket, give me a 1:5 chance of permanently being fucked out of my career.

Get over yourself

On the back of liar, liar pants on fire Gavin Newsom comes the news that eight California lawmakers take a trip to Hawaii;

A group of California lawmakers have come under fire for flying to Hawaii for a policy conference despite health officials warning against out-of-state travel amid an alarming spike in coronavirus cases. At least seven assemblymembers and one state senator from districts around California are among the 75 people attending this week's conference hosted by the Independent Voter Project (IVP) at the five-star Fairmont Kea Lani Hotel in Wailea, Maui, according to the Los Angeles Times. Several of those legislators have now come out to defend their decision to ignore California's travel warnings - arguing that their attending the conference was important because it includes discussions about pandemic policies.

DailyMail

Hundreds of thousands of people thrown out of work and probably permanent poverty, thousands of small businesses lost for good and these cunts are taking the piss. Fuck them and their lockdown.

Ah yes, criticising people in government for conferring with each other, with no context of how or whether these people are doing their best to be responsible as they go about it. Disingenuous much?

As it is, it is not these officials taking steps to prevent relief efforts to prevent said poverty.

Maybe look in a mirror?

Have to admit that's piss poor politics.
California lawmakers defend Hawaii conference trip amid alarming COVID-19 numbers
Assembly members Frank Bigelow, R-O’Neals, Heath Flora, R-Ripon, Jose Medina, D-Riverside, Chad Mayes, I-Yucca Valley, Blanca Rubio, D-Baldwin Park, Jordan Cunningham, R-San Luis Obispo, and Sen. Andreas Borgeas, R-Fresno, said they had traveled this week to Maui for the summit.
As of Wednesday, the list of members who have not responded to multiple inquiries are: Senators Susan Rubio, D-Baldwin Park, Bill Dodd, D-Napa, Scott Wilk, R-Santa Clarita, and Assembly members Wendy Carrillo, D-Los Angeles, Bill Brough, R-Dana Point, Tom Daly, D-Anaheim, Mike Gipson, D-Carson, and Jim Cooper, D-Elk Grove.

So you have 6 Republican, 7 Democrats, plus 1 Independent. Gavin Newsome wasn't involved. At least government funds weren't used.

But it's hard to excuse traveling all the way to Hawaii as anything but a personal extravagance. It can be hard to resist an all expense paid trip to Hawaii. But it really looks bad. Still if they were from my state, where nearly everyone is following advice to limit travel and social gatherings, I'd call for them to resign. So far it seems that none did.

Then show how what they are doing is hypocrisy.

You're having a laugh fella.

Yes. At you. For making claims without pointing at a behavioral mechanism that, within the understood models of epidemiology that these people you impugn as hypocrites espouse, their real behavior is running afoul of those models.

Epidemiology, masks, public policy, they may seem like claims of magic to small minds. But the fact is, you have yet to actually substantiate your claims that they are, in reality, being reckless according to their stated models... But if they are keeping distance, wearing masks, washing their hands, not touching their faces, and not making physical contact, then are they hypocrites? The reason bars and travel are shutting down is because people like you are consistently demonstrating maximum Karen and whinging about doing those things in those contexts, demonstrating a consistent threat in engaging in such activities at all. But unless a threshold of them are being as reckless as you wish to act, I don't see the issue.

DailyMail

Hawaii has a quarantine or negative test before travel requirement, that's not a big risk. I suspect they specifically chose Hawaii because of this--make sure everyone is tested before attending.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

My mother-in-law just got her test results and she's positive for the virus.

Pardon my venting, but she probably got exposed by her conservative Baptist church that(almost entirely) staunchly supports Trump and what he claims about the virus. And also believes that The Lord Will Provide.
And sometimes people don't understand why I Hate Trump!
Tom

Update.
I'm a little stunned, but Doug and I just got test results back and we're negative for C19.
YAY!

But I'm confused. We take care of her daily. Change bedding and dishes and stuff. How can she be positive and we're not?
Tom

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Pardon my venting, but she probably got exposed by her conservative Baptist church that(almost entirely) staunchly supports Trump and what he claims about the virus. And also believes that The Lord Will Provide.
Tom

Update.
I'm a little stunned, but Doug and I just got test results back and we're negative for C19.
YAY!

But I'm confused. We take care of her daily. Change bedding and dishes and stuff. How can she be positive and we're not?
Tom
You could be positive. False negatives are a thing with the bug. If you washed your hands, that'd helped.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Tom

Update.
YAY!

Tom
You could be positive. False negatives are a thing with the bug. If you washed your hands, that'd helped.

And unfortunately it can take several days for someone who is infected to have enough in the system to test positive. Another test in a couple days would be highly recommended.

DailyMail

Hawaii has a quarantine or negative test before travel requirement, that's not a big risk. I suspect they specifically chose Hawaii because of this--make sure everyone is tested before attending.

And then the other shoe dropped.

This is exactly my point: TSwizzle is being hyperbolic about what constitutes "hypocrisy". They want to go about their daily life exposing everyone and their sister to everyone else, so that 20% of the population gets brain damage and the rest of us end up fighting over ventilators and funerary plots.

My manager's ex-husband tested positive. Ex and his current wife and kid attended a church BBQ. So, one visit later, manager&ex's kids were possibly exposed, which exposed my manager, her husband, HIS kids from prior marriage, and HIS ex.
And today, manager has symptoms. Testing tomorrow.
I haven't been in the room with my manager since May, but i have been in the office with people who have been in her presence.

God. You tell them and tell them not to use glitter on their character map poster, and most don't, but ONE STUDENT does Lord of The Rings, and uses glitter for Gandalf the (shiny-shiny) White, and suddenly everyone's poster has glitter.

And unfortunately it can take several days for someone who is infected to have enough in the system to test positive. Another test in a couple days would be highly recommended.

This. It takes time to turn positive.

Stay home - save lives

Actually, as you are acting like an irresponsible and petulant infant, they very much DO get to scold and shame you.

If you want to be treated like a grownup, you should try acting like one.

Oh ffs, that insufferable prick and rank hypocrite governor of California is trying to set curfews on most of California.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has ordered a curfew for all California counties in the purple tier amid climbing coronavirus cases. The curfew will affect 41 of the state's 58 counties -- and more than 94 percent of the state's population. The curfew, which the state is calling a "limited Stay at Home Order," stops short of a full lockdown. It will be in effect from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting Saturday. The restrictions between those hours will be similar to the stay-at-home order that was in effect in March. That means all non-essential work, movement and gatherings will have to stop in all purple tier counties.

ABCNews

Of course, Newsom did not have the balls to make this announcement himself. Nor was the "science and data" provided as explanation as to why these curfews were going in to effect. Am I to assume that covid becomes more potent after 10:00pm ?

Tom McClintock said:
Mr. Speaker:

I rise this morning in defense of Governor Gavin Newsom who recently defied his own idiotic Covid edicts as he partied at one of the few restaurants that he has not yet forced out of business. I defend him because he was doing what we all once did in a free society: make our own decisions over what risks we are willing to run and what precautions we are willing to take according to our own circumstances to protect our own health.

Yes, Covid is a nasty bug and a quarter of a million Americans have died while having it. But this isn’t the Bubonic Plague. The CDC’s best estimate is that if you are under 49, your chance for surviving Covid – it you get it – is 99.92 percent. Even for those over 70 the survival rate is 94.6 percent.

California Congressman Tom McClintock praises Gavin Newsom’s French Laundry visit

Why on earth do old people like Trump so much? Like, I'm gay so I don't vote Republican; they want to kill me, so I don't vote for them. It's a straightforward logical thing, at least so I thought. But when guys like McClintock, above, say "we should kill 6% of our elderly people and refuse so much as to give them healthcare", old folks are like, yay, kill me!!! It seems completely illogical to me who Trump's base are.

But when guys like McClintock, above, say "we should kill 6% of our elderly people and refuse so much as to give them healthcare", old folks are like, yay, kill me!!!

It wasn't McClintock who put covid infected patients into old people's homes. Keep in mind that roughly 50% of deaths (in California anyway and I believe other states) were in long care facilities where they should have been protected before you go running off at the mouth.

Oh ffs, that insufferable prick and rank hypocrite governor of California is trying to set curfews on most of California.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has ordered a curfew for all California counties in the purple tier amid climbing coronavirus cases. The curfew will affect 41 of the state's 58 counties -- and more than 94 percent of the state's population. The curfew, which the state is calling a "limited Stay at Home Order," stops short of a full lockdown. It will be in effect from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting Saturday. The restrictions between those hours will be similar to the stay-at-home order that was in effect in March. That means all non-essential work, movement and gatherings will have to stop in all purple tier counties.

ABCNews

Of course, Newsom did not have the balls to make this announcement himself. Nor was the "science and data" provided as explanation as to why these curfews were going in to effect. Am I to assume that covid becomes more potent after 10:00pm ?

Tom McClintock said:
Mr. Speaker:

I rise this morning in defense of Governor Gavin Newsom who recently defied his own idiotic Covid edicts as he partied at one of the few restaurants that he has not yet forced out of business. I defend him because he was doing what we all once did in a free society: make our own decisions over what risks we are willing to run and what precautions we are willing to take according to our own circumstances to protect our own health.

Yes, Covid is a nasty bug and a quarter of a million Americans have died while having it. But this isn’t the Bubonic Plague. The CDC’s best estimate is that if you are under 49, your chance for surviving Covid – it you get it – is 99.92 percent. Even for those over 70 the survival rate is 94.6 percent.

California Congressman Tom McClintock praises Gavin Newsom’s French Laundry visit

ITT some people don't understand that activities people do in public after 10:00 or so are generally of a format likely to transmit infection. Mostly, this involves drinking at bars, dancing, and sitting in theaters close to each other.

Back
Top Bottom