• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The World-O-Meter Thread

At World-o-Meter it seems it is quite clear that Florida isn't labeling causes of death for Covid-19 patients that died. Their daily Deathantis Tolls are easily a magnitude lower than every other state.

Yeah, I was wondering about that when it sharply fell without any apparent reason.
Can they get away with that?

At World-o-Meter it seems it is quite clear that Florida isn't labeling causes of death for Covid-19 patients that died. Their daily Deathantis Tolls are easily a magnitude lower than every other state.

Yeah, I was wondering about that when it sharply fell without any apparent reason.
They do the ole fashioned 'make certain there isn't enough people to do the job' routine, which allows for a massive backup on the record keeping. You'd think in a democracy like the US, something like this wouldn't be possible, but as a nation, we've gotten very good at it.

U.S. Life Expectancy Fell By 1.5 Years In 2020, The Biggest Drop Since WWII

74% of the decline attributed to COVID. Other factors mentioned:
More than 93,000 people died from drug overdoses in 2020. That's the highest number reported in a single year. Other causes of death contributing to the decline were increases in homicide and deaths from diabetes and chronic liver disease

I can't help thinking that a lot of those deaths attributed to "other" factors are also COVID-related in one way or another.

So far, apparently yes.

So far, apparently yes.

What JH said. ‘Murkins are experts at planned incompetence.

US had 1000+ deaths the last 3 days.

Seven day averages for the last three days (8/22-24) are 873, 858, and 873. For November 12-14, when case numbers were similar, it was 1217, 1237 and 1282.

In addition, both case and death 7-day curves are flattening. People are vaccinating (the 5 billion vaccine doses worldwide milestone has been reached!) more in the US again (over 800k/day), which is a good development as well. We are not heading into a repeat of last Fall/Winter, that's for sure.

I can't help thinking that a lot of those deaths attributed to "other" factors are also COVID-related in one way or another.
Well increase in homicides is due to push to defund the police in major US cities and city governments and fauxgressive DAs like Boudin and Garcon being pro-criminal and anti-police. .

Seven day averages for the last three days (8/22-24) are 873, 858, and 873. For November 12-14, when case numbers were similar, it was 1217, 1237 and 1282.

In addition, both case and death 7-day curves are flattening. People are vaccinating (the 5 billion vaccine doses worldwide milestone has been reached!) more in the US again (over 800k/day), which is a good development as well. We are not heading into a repeat of last Fall/Winter, that's for sure.

Better than before doesn't mean not a problem now. And there's also this data,

current-covid-patients-hospital.png

current-covid-patients-icu.png

Looking at Florida now, it seems like the data is slow rolling, but being updated and the death toll in Florida is maddening. But don't worry. This is just a seasonal spike. Once college and pro football is in full swing, I'm certain the Fall will see a decline in cases.

The troubling thing is with the elderly largely immunized, you see the scope of the death toll and wonder just how many actual positive cases haven't been reported, and I'm not talking breakthroughs?
So far, apparently yes.

What JH said. ‘Murkins are experts at planned incompetence.

We are not heading into a repeat of last Fall/Winter, that's for sure.

I'd agree, except that we weren't headed into last Fall/Winter last year either, according to The Oracle Of @Derec.
So I'm not ready to embrace Happy Talk any more now than I was then.
In fact, due the Happy Talk coming from right wing politicos like Trump and propagandists like Derec, we have an active virus reservoir in the form of anti-maskers, anti-vaxers and their offspring that definitely rivals what we had last year. A huge number of infections is what gave rise to the Delta variant, and there is no reason to believe that yet another variant cannot arise from this obviously robust and well maintained reservoir.
The US new case 7-day average is at a level that was not reached last year until the middle of November. Pretending that improved treatments are mitigating the risk of new mutations, is sheer folly of the sort that got us into this mess in the first place.
Whistling in the produces obviously foolish and false statements like "increase in homicides is due to push to defund the police" that sound good to the rabid right, but have no basis in fact.

US: new cases 190K, deaths - 1304. Considering Florida is misreporting deaths, I think it should be over 1500.

Florida is delaying reporting of deaths. And much like a pyramid scheme, its effectiveness at obfuscating the truth has run out.

Florida changed its COVID-19 data, creating an ‘artificial decline’ in recent deaths

As cases ballooned in August, however, the Florida Department of Health changed the way it reported death data to the CDC, giving the appearance of a pandemic in decline, an analysis of Florida data by the Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald found.

On Monday, Florida death data would have shown an average of 262 daily deaths reported to the CDC over the previous week had the health department used its former reporting system, the Herald analysis showed. Instead, the Monday update from Florida showed just 46 “new deaths” per day over the previous seven days.

Florida changed its COVID-19 data, creating an ‘artificial decline’ in recent deaths

As cases ballooned in August, however, the Florida Department of Health changed the way it reported death data to the CDC, giving the appearance of a pandemic in decline, an analysis of Florida data by the Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald found.

On Monday, Florida death data would have shown an average of 262 daily deaths reported to the CDC over the previous week had the health department used its former reporting system, the Herald analysis showed. Instead, the Monday update from Florida showed just 46 “new deaths” per day over the previous seven days.

Obviously, 216 Floriduh men and women a day are dying from hangnails, sniffles and headaches.

US had 1500+ deaths yesterday, 7 day is 1300+.

US had 1500+ deaths yesterday, 7 day is 1300+.

... and the pro life party goes all in on pro-death.
If I'm reincarnated I want to come back as a blastocyst.
I'll get all the care and protection and none of life's headaches.

The US new case 7-day average is at a level that was not reached last year until the middle of November. Pretending that improved treatments are mitigating the risk of new mutations, is sheer folly of the sort that got us into this mess in the first place.

New variants are always a risk. My point was that last November the curve was rising more steeply while now it is flattening. That is good news.
Also, according to this,
sep6.png
The increase in reported cases is lower than the increase in tests. That means that the nominal increase in cases is an artifact of more testing and that in real terms we are probably already heading down. Another piece of good news. Hospitalizations and deaths are still trending up, but they are lagging indicators.

Whistling in the produces obviously foolish and false statements like "increase in homicides is due to push to defund the police" that sound good to the rabid right, but have no basis in fact.
There is nothing foolish or false about that. You defund police, and the criminals are emboldened. But why the derail?

Back
Top Bottom