• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

better-days-weekend-meme.jpg

"Rapid unscheduled disassembly"?
What else would you expect from the Twitmeister?
when I was a co-op back in college, I worked for a defense company. They were careful with word use. If something failed--> an incident occurred.

Coincidently, the book "Doublespeak" (as I recall) came out at that time. That is how I learned of such gems as "unilaterally controlled latino assets" (Contras) among other turns of phrase.

So we took the charge codes for tasks that were not work related (like -J was jury duty) and had some fun.
-LE: exploring alternate propulsion opportunities outside the traditional framework (Leave Early)

we had a bunch more, but that was 30+ years ago. I'm surprised I recalled even that one.

"Rapid unscheduled disassembly"?
What else would you expect from the Twitmeister?
when I was a co-op back in college, I worked for a defense company. They were careful with word use. If something failed--> an incident occurred.

Coincidently, the book "Doublespeak" (as I recall) came out at that time. That is how I learned of such gems as "unilaterally controlled latino assets" (Contras) among other turns of phrase.

So we took the charge codes for tasks that were not work related (like -J was jury duty) and had some fun.
-LE: exploring alternate propulsion opportunities outside the traditional framework (Leave Early)

we had a bunch more, but that was 30+ years ago. I'm surprised I recalled even that one.
I remember that a principal gave me POETS time on a Friday.

Piss Off Early Tomorrow’s Saturday.

"Rapid unscheduled disassembly"? That's how SpaceX describes its rocket exploding today!

The explosion was small and not even visible--just enough to let aerodynamics take the rocket apart. What we saw was a rapid disassembly, not an explosion. No shockwave, not even any combustion (why don't we see ignition of such clouds??), what else would you call it?

Back
Top Bottom