• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

Free marriage tip:

Don't ask your wife when dinner will be ready while she is mowing the lawn.
Request for free marraige tip:

How do you talk your wife into mowing the lawn in the first place?
You mow it yourself so poorly that she has to step in to do it right.

Free marriage tip:

You mow it yourself so poorly that she has to step in to do it right.
(y) We need to secretly secure this idea in a special "men only" hide tag. We don't want this bit of brilliancy spreading amongst the female internet population. Maybe Ziprhead or Ray can help out here.

When my kids were big enough to safely mow, they also tried to do it so poorly that I'd waive them from doing it. Well, that didn't work out so well as I just made them do it again until it was right. I told them they just made more work for everyone by not doing it right the first time!! (them the first time, then me to inspect it, then them to do it again.).

No issues after that!!

Now, the only way I can get the wife out to help with the mowing is if the kids are away, the lawn is high and rain is imminent.

I wonder if there's a self driving lawnmower, a la Roomba. Seems like it would be a relatively easy thing to design and build and certainly the technology for that has long been around.

I wonder if there's a self driving lawnmower, a la Roomba. Seems like it would be a relatively easy thing to design and build and certainly the technology for that has long been around.
Husquvana has one that's pretty much like a Roomba. You have to lay down a tape as a boundary then you walk away.

Free marriage tip:

My husband said to his first wife, “you mow like a drunken sailor!” This was immediately after she mowed the lawn for the very last time.

He has never criticized my mowing. I still mow and we are still married.

That said, Best way to get people to mow the lawn, in our experience, is to buy them a very nice set of noise-canceling headphones with a bluetooth connection to their favorite source of podcasts/music/audiobooks, then say to them, “your pick today, cut the grass with a podcast or help me in the garden?”

We have a local restaurant that we love to eat at, but they had to close as the head chef pastaway. Doctors cannoli do so much these days. Now he's just a pizza history. Fortunately he was so beloved that the owners went all out on his funeral. It cost a pretty penne.

Back
Top Bottom