• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

This has to hurt:

10945532_577241975745179_4947272568697618676_n.jpg

Came across a quip from Andy Rooney, and I wonder how this has escaped the notice of so many.

“Ever notice that we never had fake news until we got a fake President?”

He obviously heard that from his father to his mother. Dad probably thought the kid wouldn’t understand and he didn’t but he knew it meant something nice because Mommy smiled and blushed. He thought he was being sweet to the teacher. My first grade teacher was old and frumpy, but I still have the hots for my kindergarten teacher.
Southend News Network is fiction intended as humour. It's not something that really happened. :rolleyesa:
I thought satire had been banned already. Or at least soon will be.

He obviously heard that from his father to his mother. Dad probably thought the kid wouldn’t understand and he didn’t but he knew it meant something nice because Mommy smiled and blushed. He thought he was being sweet to the teacher. My first grade teacher was old and frumpy, but I still have the hots for my kindergarten teacher.
Southend News Network is fiction intended as humour. It's not something that really happened. :rolleyesa:
I thought satire had been banned already. Or at least soon will be.
Just making stuff up (because it might have been humorous if it had actually happened), isn't satire.

Satire is a form of comedy that ridicules actual people whose power and influence would make direct and overt ridicule dangerous. It works by presenting a fiction whose protagonist(s) can be safely ridiculed (because they are fictional), but who the audience can easily link to genuine behaviour by genuinely powerful figures in the community.

If you can't relate the story back to any similar actual events or the characters in it to actual people, then it's not satire, it's just noise.

The union just sent out an email with the findings of the investigation into a recent fire on one of our buses.

Apparently it was caused by a lose nut in a fusebox, which caught fire just above the level of the fire suppression system spray nozzles in the engine compartment, which meant that although the system was correctly operated, it failed to completely extinguish the fire.

Maintenance procedures have been updated to include regular inspections and tightening of the offending nut; No other instances have been found in a full inspection of all buses of that model.

However, there have been three instances of the fire suppression system being activated in the last year (only one of which was due to an actual fire - the others were due to a split coolant hose, and a computer system error). In each case, the fire suppression system overheated once activated, leading to it catching fire fifteen minutes after it was discharged.

Yes, that's right; two out of three bus fires this year were caused by the fire suppression system.

The union just sent out an email with the findings of the investigation into a recent fire on one of our buses.

Apparently it was caused by a lose nut in a fusebox, which caught fire just above the level of the fire suppression system spray nozzles in the engine compartment, which meant that although the system was correctly operated, it failed to completely extinguish the fire.

Maintenance procedures have been updated to include regular inspections and tightening of the offending nut; No other instances have been found in a full inspection of all buses of that model.

However, there have been three instances of the fire suppression system being activated in the last year (only one of which was due to an actual fire - the others were due to a split coolant hose, and a computer system error). In each case, the fire suppression system overheated once activated, leading to it catching fire fifteen minutes after it was discharged.

Yes, that's right; two out of three bus fires this year were caused by the fire suppression system.

What is the fire control problem?

Since that's only funny if you already get it, I'll go ahead and say that that was an allusion to an earlier post in this thread.

What is the fire control problem?
A very controlled fire.

You need better mental health management! As well as a lock to keep the crazies out of the fusebox.

In other words, the fire suppression system either has big design error or a serious documentation problem. (I will not categorically say that overheating after use is a design error. The Shuttle orbiter had an overheat issue that was known in the design phase and couldn't be avoided. After it's trip through the fire there was enough heat in the thermal tiles to do major damage to the systems. Once it landed it had to be hooked up to a big AC system to keep the systems cool while that heat seeped out of the tiles.)

Back
Top Bottom