• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

My wife cracked herself up today.

We were talking about how tomorrow I get my new car and that I'd be fiddling with the settings and buttons.

She said "It's a good thing we don't have a pet named buttons".

Then then she couldn't stop laughing for around 5 minutes.

I swear she is quite sane. Did I miss something?

We were talking about how tomorrow I get my new car and that I'd be fiddling with the settings and buttons.

03-15j-mrteenybuttons.gif

Sometimes you just say something and crack yourself up. Happens to me from time to time. Just this past Friday evening, I was downstairs in the shop thinking about the projects I had going on and what next steps I’d be taking in the coming week. It’s a ritual of mine.
But I had just bought some new string for one of my projects and to avoid it from ever getting tangled, I put it in a bottle.
So I’m looking at this thing and thought:
IMG_0526.jpeg
“You’ve heard of ship in a bottle. Well this is string in a bottle. Bet you’re wondering how I got it in there, huh?”
And I couldn’t stop laughing at that last line.

Sometimes you just say something and crack yourself up. Happens to me from time to time. Just this past Friday evening, I was downstairs in the shop thinking about the projects I had going on and what next steps I’d be taking in the coming week. It’s a ritual of mine.
But I had just bought some new string for one of my projects and to avoid it from ever getting tangled, I put it in a bottle.
View attachment 44529
“You’ve heard of ship in a bottle. Well this is string in a bottle. Bet you’re wondering how I got it in there, huh?”
Looks like something you’d buy from the Acme Dynamite Company.

View attachment 44529
My first thought was to start singing that old Jim Croce classic, "If I could save string in a bottle..."

That's a cool idea. I have string problems as well. I may borrow this idea, once I figure out how you managed get that string to wrap around the cardboard tube after pushing it through that little hole in top. :unsure:

View attachment 44529
My first thought was to start singing that old Jim Croce classic, "If I could save string in a bottle..."

That's a cool idea. I have string problems as well. I may borrow this idea, once I figure out how you managed get that string to wrap around the cardboard tube after pushing it through that little hole in top. :unsure:
I'm sure that duct-tape is on there just for decoration.

Passed by a quickie oil change place today. Their sign read "Why don't you try our new pumpkin spice oil change?"

:hysterical:

My wife just told me that nobody told her that when you get a husband the ears are optional.

My wife talks to herself all the time so I never can know if I'm supposed to be listening or not.
You know those times when the talking stops and the yelling begins? 10 seconds before that was when you should be listening.

Don't ask me how I know I just know, ok?.

Danica Roem posted some pictures of her cats then came back later to $1,100 in donations to her campaign in response to the cat pics. I think you're on to something, Danica. (Not that she needs magical cat assistance. Virginia absolutely loves her.)

My wife just told me that nobody told her that when you get a husband the ears are optional.

My wife talks to herself all the time so I never can know if I'm supposed to be listening or not.
I had a problem like this with a coworker years ago. Before everyone got their own computer on their desk, you had to go to the "Mac Farm" to do your emails, memos, etc. Often, there was a lady there who would talk out loud saying things like, "I wonder how you do..." or "Why is this machine doing this...". Initially, I thought she was talking to me, and I would try to help her out (you know, mansplain ;)), and she would say, "Oh, I'm just thinking out loud...sorry". So, I learned to ignore her. Once in a while, she would say the same thing, but was actually asking me for assistance. I could never distinguish the nuance between her "I'm thinking out loud" and "will you help me out" rhetoric. I finally solved the problem by just walking past the Mac Farm if I saw she was working there... :)

Back
Top Bottom