• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

Reese’s may be in violation of state and federal laws with its new sweepstakes offer currently advertised on packs of peanut butter cups.

The promotion on two-cup packages reads “You could win $25,000” and, in smaller print, “See details inside.” But only after consumers have bought and opened a package can they see the small print: no purchase is necessary to enter the sweepstakes.

Reese’s may be in violation of state and federal laws with its new sweepstakes offer currently advertised on packs of peanut butter cups.

The promotion on two-cup packages reads “You could win $25,000” and, in smaller print, “See details inside.” But only after consumers have bought and opened a package can they see the small print: no purchase is necessary to enter the sweepstakes.
:) Their defense will probably be that a determined person could search public trash cans and eventually find a Reeses candy wrapper to read the details of the sweepstakes. So technically no purchase is necessary.

:) Their defense will probably be that a determined person could search public trash cans and eventually find a Reeses candy wrapper to read the details of the sweepstakes. So technically no purchase is necessary.
I thought no purchase was EVER necessary any more. To hear Republicans tell it, you can just go into any store, take what you want and leave.

I thought no purchase was EVER necessary any more. To hear Republicans tell it, you can just go into any store, take what you want and leave.
Ah. They're going to try the San Francisco defense.

That's no myth at least in CA, especially for something like a candy bar. And its hardly a Republican bitching point. There are plenty of residents and businesses of all political persuasions who are fed up.

That's no myth at least in CA, especially for something like a candy bar. And its hardly a Republican bitching point. There are plenty of residents and businesses of all political persuasions who are fed up.
Woke people know -= toothpaste should be free. I am just waiting for some genius to figure out how to make that happen.

Overheard: "If he says he is a sigma male, you better run, because that man is chadmaxxing at all times and his sweat vapor alone impregnates both women and beta males alike"

A: So what did you do this weekend?
B: We spread the remains of our grandmother at the park. She always loved going to that place.
A: I'm sorry to hear that. Though I've always thought the spreading of the ashes was a serene event.
B: *panicked* Ashes?!

My MIL was a real witch IMO. Back in the day … She had been looking like she was circling the drain, but now was apparently coming back to life, frankly taxing the whole family. Mrs Elixir was talking it over with her four brothers, their families and me. I had little to say as they discussed burial and cremation options. Buy a burial plot? Too expensive, ecologically unsound. Or … What to do with the ashes?
Suggestions followed. One said “We should throw her off the jetty into the ocean”. That drew a moment of silence, and I couldn’t resist.
Yeah, and then have her cremated!

They should have taken my suggestion, because the witch actually had the temerity to go on and live another year or so … RIP

B: We spread the remains of our grandmother at the park. She always loved going to that place.
A: I'm sorry to hear that. Though I've always thought the spreading of the ashes was a serene event.
When I die, I want my remains to be scattered at Disneyland.

And I don't want to be cremated.

Yeah, put my head on a pike at cinderella’s castle. A warning not to commit treason to Disney. My torso though needs to go to the lions In animal kingdom. That would really be cool for the kids to see.

Chipped perhaps with dancers in raincoats with umbrellas and a Malcolm McDowell cover of Singin' in the Rain.

Back
Top Bottom