• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

So I’m reading through a rather voluminous tome on astrophysics, and I walk into a coffee shop with it, and someone goes, “Oh, great book! That book saved my life!” I look down at it quizzically, and then he realizes his mistake. “Oh, I thought it was the Bible.”

I think he saw me roll my eyes. I said nothing but thought about my reaction after reading the Bible.

So I’m reading through a rather voluminous tome on astrophysics, and I walk into a coffee shop with it, and someone goes, “Oh, great book! That book saved my life!” I look down at it quizzically, and then he realizes his mistake. “Oh, I thought it was the Bible.”

I think he saw me roll my eyes. I said nothing but thought about my reaction after reading the Bible.
It's impressive to note that there are lots of people who think that the Bible (or the Quran, for that matter) contains everything anyone could ever want to know; And yet there are larger tomes that contain ONLY the barest framework of the knowlege required to master one tiny area of almost any subject taught in universities.

Those Bronze Age shepherds certainly had a talent for editing and condensing their writings.

Reactions: SLD

It's impressive to note that there are lots of people who think that the Bible (or the Quran, for that matter) contains everything anyone could ever want to know; And yet there are larger tomes that contain ONLY the barest framework of the knowlege required to master one tiny area of almost any subject taught in universities.

Those Bronze Age shepherds certainly had a talent for editing and condensing their writings.
I just couldn’t think of a good comeback involving astrophysics. My only comeback is to say, ”that book turned me into an atheist.”

But I wasn’t in the mood to pick a fight.

Phone rings. Caller ID says SPAM but I pick up anyway because if it's a person I sometimes like to screw with them.

"Hello, this is the National Fraud Prevention Center; We are pleased to inform you that you are the winner of 34 million dollars. All we need is some personal information to send you your 34 million dollars".

Click

The world championship for Simon Says is a three way tie between Google, Siri and Alexa.

Back
Top Bottom