• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

Series of texts I received, 1 and 2 live in Virginia:

Friend 1: “Our county supervisor is a former stripper, so at least one sort of “pay for play” is apparently common in VA politics.”

Friend 2: “Saw that yesterday! Hadn’t heard about your stripper, but can’t say any of it surprises me. Sets the bar kinda low . . .”

Friend 3: “Well kinda sets the bar vertically….”
Well, you can see the county supervisor doesn't hide anything--that should be a good thing! :)

Reactions: SLD
Thanks for reading! Please note that this post is for entertainment purposes only and the techniques shown should not be attempted at home.

This whole thing is a little suspicious. Why does the light not react to his loud yelling and just stay on all the time? I never heard of a voice activated device that only is triggered by "Ah Hooooooooo!". Plus, the time it stays on is only seconds. Usually there is an "on time" of many minutes after sensing noise (although its possible it was left in the Test mode). I sense a set up, like maybe someone is flicking the switch on the wall.

I grew up in a Navy family, my father was career Navy. I also grew up going to church, Episcopal, however as a child if you asked me, I would say I was “Christian”, which was how my parents chose to have me understand what we did Sunday mornings. So, as early as kindergarten I self-identified as Navy-Christian.

In the mid-60s my family lived in Naples Italy. This introduced me to several “new” types of people. First, I found out that in addition to Christians, there were Catholics. This was explained to me by my parents. And as I went to first and then second grade there in an English-speaking school run for all the children of military families, I found out that besides Navy people, there where Air Force people (NATO used the air base next to Naples, huge number of planes there) and Army people (there was a major military hospital there and all of the doctors and nurses were Army – because of course all the Navy medical personnel oversees are on board ships).

Then in 1968 we moved back to the States, to Silver Spring, Maryland, into a nearly brand-new suburban community that was one of the first communities without deed restrictions for specific religions. Nearly every other house was owned by a Jewish family.

Entering the third grade in my new elementary school, I was asked by my teacher to stand up and tell the class something about me and since the teacher knew that I had lived in another country, she asked me to do drawing about me. I drew a crude star shaped diagram in which I showed that I was ‘Navy-Christian’ but I knew that there were other types of people in the world (well, at least in Italy), ‘Navy-Catholic’, ‘Army-Christian’, ‘Air Force-Christian’, and as I had just discovered in my new community, I now knew that there must be ‘Jewish-Navy’, ‘Jewish-Army’, and ‘Jewish-Air Force’ . . . .

370304423_6649313825163644_4382327781580360980_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom