• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

To Give You a Size of the Immense and Growing Size of Illegal Immigration

In any case, you screwed Latin America directly (by war on communists) and indirectly (narcotics consumption).
This is in fact the case.
Tom
Yea, I had assumed that this was pretty common knowledge.

You might be surprised by how many people consider it unimportant in the current immigration situation. I've heard "Why come here? Why don't they fix their own shithole countries." Quite often.
Tom

The funny thing is that we mostly benefitted from fucking up our southern neighbors so people still want to come here to get a piece of the pie.

Russia just fucks everything up and nobody wants to go there.

In any case, you screwed Latin America directly (by war on communists) and indirectly (narcotics consumption).
This is in fact the case.
Tom
Yea, I had assumed that this was pretty common knowledge.

You might be surprised by how many people consider it unimportant in the current immigration situation. I've heard "Why come here? Why don't they fix their own shithole countries." Quite often.
Tom
As I have said before USA is a big part of why they are shithole countries. Why not spend some of the funds for border security and help fix what we broke.

I have said before USA is a big part of why they are shithole countries. Why not spend some of the funds for border security and help fix what we broke.
Totally with ya.

Or spend all that money fixing our current immigration disaster? Admitting immigrants, with a bit of vetting and prioritizing, like we did back when America Was Great? Then clamping down hard on illegal employers.

We could fix this problem, in classic American style, adhering to our tried and true traditions, by summer.
Tom

I have said before USA is a big part of why they are shithole countries. Why not spend some of the funds for border security and help fix what we broke.
Totally with ya.

Or spend all that money fixing our current immigration disaster? Admitting immigrants, with a bit of vetting and prioritizing, like we did back when America Was Great? Then clamping down hard on illegal employers.

We could fix this problem, in classic American style, adhering to our tried and true traditions, by summer.
Tom
I doubt that is something the republicans would go for.

I doubt that is something the republicans would go for.

Republicans might. But they barely exist.
Teapartiers won't, because they aren't conservatives. They are utterly opposed to traditional U.S. values. They're fine with Trump's philandering and deceit, his anti-American insurrection, his anti-American immigration policies, his anti-democracy military policy in Ukraine...

It's everywhere and all over the media. This isn't news any more. Trump represents modern Christian "conservatives" in the USA.
It's pathetic what Christian Conservative "Republicans" have become.
Tom

That makes absolutely no sense at all. But par for the course for you. so (y)
Really? no sense at all?
You fucked Latin America up and surprised by refugees from there?
Yes. Makes no sense at all.

Now if you said "US fucks everything else up, that's why everybody wants to go there", that would have been your broken clock moment. Details are like lines on a map; they actually do matter.

I understand more than a thousand illegal crossings is a typical day on the border?
This is probably foreign to Russia, despite a border roughly a trillion times longer, but it isn't uncommon for nations where people want to live.
An awful lot of Russian border is secured by nature.

And for the people who think this is some kind of side issue, let me assure you it is about all the maga supporters are talking about right now.

I'm going to remind everyone this thread was created less than a month ago. Less than a months ago according to MAGAtards the border is a huge issue. Less than a month ago there was an immigration crisis the likes of which has never been seen before. Less than month ago there was a huge rallying cry for something, anything to be done about this. A clear and distinct call to action.

That was less than a month ago. Today, not so much. Now MAGAtards don't want the problem fixed.

Trump emerges as new obstacle to Senate immigration deal as GOP tension grows

Senators working feverishly to cut a high-stakes immigration deal are now running into a new problem: Former President Donald Trump.

Trump allies on Capitol Hill have privately lobbied the former president to come out vocally against any Senate compromise as he rails on immigration on the campaign trail and has little appetite for giving President Joe Biden a victory on the hot-button issue.

So MAGAtards are saying the quiet part out loud. As usual, they don't give a fuck about the issues, the GQP certainly doesn't want to be seen as capable of fixing anything; their whole grift is about manufacturing Outrage of the Week.

So not only do I think this is a side issue, MAGAtards believe that as well. Yeah, it a real fucking mystery why I don't take them seriously.

Their solution is to close the border. So it returns to a clandestine crossing where no one reports when they cross without documentation to do so. It just shifts the paperwork.

Meanwhile, Ukraine is being left to hang out in the wind by the dude who can't get enough of Russia.

The madness here is that this isn't about Biden passing some left-wing legislation and the GOP trying to get something in return. This is about helping to defend Ukraine... and they wanted to extort over that.

How many hundreds of billions was poured into bloody Iraq, unquestioned by the GOP, as the W Admin royally fucked up the occupation?

That makes absolutely no sense at all. But par for the course for you. so (y)
Really? no sense at all?
You fucked Latin America up and surprised by refugees from there?
Fucked up portions of it, and our drug habits do so further. Yes. That is the irony of the Reagan Admin, it's failed policies on Central America both with supporting monsters and the "Drug War". Long term solution is investment in these areas. But America doesn't give a fuck. They want to look the other way. We ain't Canada.

Back
Top Bottom