• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

To Give You a Size of the Immense and Growing Size of Illegal Immigration

The Republicans are at least knowing they have problems and making efforts to improve themselves.

Could you be more specific?

As far as I can tell, the reason Republicans keep getting worse is because they've got nothing to be better at than the Democrats.

Back in the 90s, Democrats took a hard turn to the right. President Clinton signed the Republican treaty, NAFTA. He signed DOMA. He signed DADT. He got Welfare Reform done. He got tough on crime. The USA was doing great, on the Peace and Prosperity thing. Economic growth was strong, and the Federal Deficit and Debt were shrinking.

All the Republican Party had to run on was that Slick Willy cheated on his wife. They turned that into a circus.

They've been in freefall ever since, in terms of ideas and pro-American policies. That's why they're stuck with gerrymandering and teapartying, and insurrection and deceit.

That's the reality as I see it. Where do you see Republicans trying to improve themselves?
Tom

The Republicans are at least knowing they have problems and making efforts to improve themselves.
Holy fuck! That's news. We need to stop the presses and put this out on the wire! For a minute I thought maybe it was April 1st.

Could you be more specific?

As far as I can tell, the reason Republicans keep getting worse is because they've got nothing to be better at than the Democrats.

Back in the 90s, Democrats took a hard turn to the right. President Clinton signed the Republican treaty, NAFTA. He signed DOMA. He signed DADT. He got Welfare Reform done. He got tough on crime. The USA was doing great, on the Peace and Prosperity thing. Economic growth was strong, and the Federal Deficit and Debt were shrinking.

All the Republican Party had to run on was that Slick Willy cheated on his wife. They turned that into a circus.
I agree. Bill Clinton acted more like a Republican than a Democrat in those days. And also, back in those days the Democrats appeared at least interested in labor unions and controlling the borders to keep wages higher. I can only guess that that changed over the years due to special interest money. But the Democrats were very much different back then as now.

That's the reality as I see it. Where do you see Republicans trying to improve themselves?
Tom
For one thing, the Republicans at least appear concerned over our open southern borders. They very well may do nothing about it, but showing concern is at least knowing that there is a big problem.

For one thing, the Republicans at least appear concerned over our open southern borders.

Using immigration as a policy issue, while simultaneously refusing to address it, and holding a majority in Congress for years is exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't think anyone in Washington really cares enough to do anything substantial. The billionaire donors like the status quo. So the dems will wring their hands while the reps flat out lie.

Bottom line remains, Republicans had the majority, the White House, and SCOTUS, and couldn't get anything done because it would interfere with the lies they tell their base.

Don't tell me that the Republicans are trying to get anything done. They are the ones preventing anything from getting done.
Tom

Its not just Rogan. Musk and Bill Maher used to be far left liberals who are now shunning what the Democratic party has become. None of those 3 voted for Trump but Rogan and Musk say they will next time.

Your idea of what constitutes "far left liberal" is almost as funny as Rogan's standup act used to be 20 years ago.

Almost...but for different reasons.

For one thing, the Republicans at least appear concerned over our open southern borders. They very well may do nothing about it, but showing concern is at least knowing that there is a big problem.
So, pretending to care about an issue and giving it lip service but not being willing to take action to address it is considered a good thing? They are trying to censure their own party member for trying to come up with legislation on the problem.

The Democrats have recognized the problem, have worked on coming up with legislation and Biden is even willing to sign such a bill, even though the far left will be disappointed that the bill doesn’t actually address most of their concerns.

Your characterization that the Republicans are the ones who care about the problem and not the Democrats seems to be in direct conflict with reality.

Emily is right that both parties have changed massively
Oh good, you understand the basic concept of time then. I bet there's even phrase that describe what you observed.
The only difference being how much more obvious with the Republicans since half of them have almost defected knowing something has gone horribly wrong
No, the supporters the same stupid cunts who listened to Limbaugh in the 90s and thought the Clintons were a sham closeted gay marriage who murdered people and Obama is a sekret Kenyun Mooslim who is implementing Sharia Law on behalf of the athiests and libruhls. None of the MAGAtards can even coherently identify what they believe "has gone horribly wrong". It's just bullshit word salad about "they" and "them" and what "they did".
This is what I love about you my dude. You believe putting on a viking costume whilst smearing shit across the walls of the Capitol, talking about Jewish Space Lasers and endlessly harping on about civil war is an improvement over the Reagan/Bush Years. That's definitely a take.
That is wholly a different situation going with the Democrats who don't even realize how fucked up they are (see LoAmmo's post above). You have to at least know you have a problem or you never can improve yourself.
My good sir, you believe the 2020 election was stolen by Hugo Chavez, Twitter has became a bastion of free speech since Musk took over and Trump cares for the working class. You are not exactly in an ideal position to point out how fucked up anybody is, ever.

Its not just Rogan. Musk and Bill Maher used to be far left liberals who are now shunning what the Democratic party has become.
Bill Maher has been a Libertarian for a long while. He only seems very liberal because he opposed the W Admin and Trump.

How did Rogan even become a thing?
Way back when Maher was still on network television, the scuttlebutt among the stand-up community was that the little blue cards he read off of were handed to him by his writers. Nothing inherently wrong with that, mind you. Lots of comics and hosts relied on writers to punch up their act, but Bill had a rep for not writing anything.

Rogan? Well that's another thing. If I remember correctly, he was respected. A lot of guys stole his stuff (Hello, Carlos Mencia) but he was an original.

Then he managed to get into the podcasting thing just before it blew up. He was like the guy who bought Microsoft stock back when nobody believed in it as far as podcasts goes, and good on him for getting in at the ground floor.

But then he figured that platforming conspiracy/right wing shit was more profitable, and here we are. Solid stand up comic from the late 90s/early 2000s is giving Jordan Peterson and Elon Musk and Ben Shapiro an hour or so to pontificate on shit that makes Joe say "wow, I hadn't thought of that" while his listeners think Joe's the smartest guy in the room.

The only "big problem" that is leading to their contentless display of concern, is that people might not vote Republican.

Expressing concern over the popularly believed in, but non-existent, border "crisis", is a surefire way to get a few extra votes (from people just like you); It doesn't indicate that there's a real problem, much less that the GOP would do squat about it if there were.

The sanctuary city of New York;

The moment a migrant on a moped dragged a woman along a New York City street to steal her phone was caught in horrifying footage shared by police. Three migrants were arrested by the NYPD after they allegedly went on a crime spree that saw them stealing wallets and cellphones from at least 62 women across the city's seven boroughs. Police say they arrested the migrants, all believed to be from Venezuela, in a safe house in the Bronx after executing a search warrant. The suspects were allegedly stealing the iPhones to use the Apple Pay feature and use the owners' credit cards to buy items.
Monday's arrests come after another video showed about a dozen migrants assaulting two police officers in Times Square late last month.
A Manhattan judge let at least five asylum seekers go free without bail after they were charged with the assault. Only one of the suspects remains in jail. Four of the suspects are believed to have fled the city after being charged and released after giving fake names to a charity that helps migrants get bus tickets. Many of the migrants were already known to police over charges of petty larceny and shoplifting. According to the New York Post, the migrants charged in the assault are also part of a phone-snatching scheme. 'They’re buying cars back in Ecuador and Venezuela' a police source told the Post. 'They’re putting pools in their homes there. All this money is going back and forth. That’s why the larcenies are going out of control. It’s unbelievable what they’re doing.'

Daily Mail

When did NYC have seven boroughs?

Are we going to treat all migrants like criminals, because a small number are? People are committing crimes in California after all. Might want to put TSwizzle in jail.. just to be safe.

The sanctuary city of New York;

The moment a migrant on a moped dragged a woman along a New York City street to steal her phone was caught in horrifying footage shared by police. Three migrants were arrested by the NYPD after they allegedly went on a crime spree that saw them stealing wallets and cellphones from at least 62 women across the city's seven boroughs. Police say they arrested the migrants, all believed to be from Venezuela, in a safe house in the Bronx after executing a search warrant. The suspects were allegedly stealing the iPhones to use the Apple Pay feature and use the owners' credit cards to buy items.
Monday's arrests come after another video showed about a dozen migrants assaulting two police officers in Times Square late last month.
A Manhattan judge let at least five asylum seekers go free without bail after they were charged with the assault. Only one of the suspects remains in jail. Four of the suspects are believed to have fled the city after being charged and released after giving fake names to a charity that helps migrants get bus tickets. Many of the migrants were already known to police over charges of petty larceny and shoplifting. According to the New York Post, the migrants charged in the assault are also part of a phone-snatching scheme. 'They’re buying cars back in Ecuador and Venezuela' a police source told the Post. 'They’re putting pools in their homes there. All this money is going back and forth. That’s why the larcenies are going out of control. It’s unbelievable what they’re doing.'

Daily Mail
Well, I sure hope the Republicans pass a border security bill as soon as possible considering how bad the situation is to them

Oh, wait. They would rather just let the problem fester because solving the problem and helping Americans might make the current President look good.

Tswizzle: I will note your rolling eyes as an inability to construct a counter argument. Cheers…
What possible counter-argument could there be to:

“As the leader of our party, there is zero chance I will support this horrible open borders betrayal of America, I’ll fight it all the way. A lot of the senators are trying to say, respectfully, they’re blaming it on me. I say, that’s okay. Please blame it on me. Please.”

How many democrats alleged election fraud in 2016?
I can answer that. Less than the amount of Republicans who insisted there was election fraud even in 2016. Trying to both sides this is patently dishonest.

Lying about election fraud is solely a right wing phenomenon.
The fact that the two sides use different tactics doesn't negate that they were engaged in the same objective. The democrats spent 4 years trying to prove that Trump colluded with Russia to manipulate voters, they spent 4 years challenging the entire concept of the electoral college. The Republicans went straight to claims of fraud - but the objective was the same: to discredit the person who won the election and undermine the legitimacy of their term in office.

The mugger and the con man are both after your money. The mugger is just less sophisticated about it.

What criteria and sorting are you using for the image you posted?
I'm not using anything. It was a screen grab from the link I posted.
I can't figure out how to make it limit to the specific countries you selected. Sounds like it's a me problem though :)
I just told you I didn't select those on that list.
It gave me a list of way way more countries, and France and the US were nowhere near each other. I'm sure there's some selector somewhere, and it's a failure on my part to find it. I wasn't challenging what you posted - I just can't figure out how to limit the list the way you did :)
How many times do I have to say it? I didn't limit anything. The list was there when I got to the site. And it's still there. It's also in the link text.
I don't know why you're so worked up about it. Geez. I believe you, I'm not arguing!
I believe you're not arguing, yet you continue to tell falsehoods about me.
What falsehood have I told?

Back
Top Bottom