• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Totally Justified

I'm sure his neighbors are LOVING the fact that he Stood His Ground™ against his own hired help, pumping twenty-eight rounds into the near-darkness after the "invader" had fled.

WTF would he not be charged???
Stand Your Ground. All he needs is a reason to think there is a hint of a risk. Pool cleaner at 9:30 PM not too typical... unloading 30 rounds into the public does seem like a risk.

The funny part is the cleaner did get hurt, and fled. And that doesn't even seem remotely important to the cops or state law apparently.

If you invite someone onto your property to do some work for you, and then try to kill them, that's attempted murder.

How can "stand your ground" or "castle doctrine" apply to attempting to kill a person you asked to come onto your property?

Or is this like the other Florida Man, who can declassify Top Secret documents by just thinking about them? The guy was uninvited by the act of deciding to shoot at him, maybe?

They say the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. But how then do you stop a good guy with a gun shooting at someone who he thinks is a bad guy with a gun but is really just a good pool guy without a gun?

Or does the act of shooting at the pool guy turn the guy in the house into a bad guy with a gun thereby making it justifiable for the pool guy to buy a gun with which to shoot the guy in the house since the guy in the house is now a bad guy with a gun?

But then again if the pool guy goes out to buy a gun with intent of shooting the guy in the house, that's premeditation rather than self-defence, so the pool guy then becomes a bad guy with a gun, making it fair play for the guy in the house to shoot him.

I guess the only logical conclusion we can make is that the pool guy should have had a gun all along, therefore this is all his fault. :confused2:

how then do you stop a good guy with a gun shooting at someone who he thinks is a bad guy with a gun but is really just a good pool guy without a gun?
I don’t recall seeing evidence that he was a good pool guy. But even if he was a sucko pool guy, it does seem a little excessive to expend an entire mag on him.

Fast food workers aren't paid enough.

I remember seeing the receipt and realizing I was overcharged by a penny on tax, the amounts were just right to make the Calc in the head.

Sadly I was unarmed at the moment and powerless to do something ridiculously wreckless.

Reactions: SLD
Back
Top Bottom