• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Totally Justified

Some menu items at TB are only available by ordering through the app or online.

Yeah, I know it's stupid.

Likely can't find enough people wanting to work an inconsistent schedule for pocket money.

Some menu items at TB are only available by ordering through the app or online.

Yeah, I know it's stupid.
It's because it is a lot easier to remove something from the app if they're running low on ingredients.

They'll usually make it for you if you ask nicely, though.

For more cheese? Totally justified.

A popular US YouTube creator who prides himself on making videos in which he displays odd behavior to put people off intends to keep at it, even after one of his targets allegedly shot him nearly to death.

Tanner Cook – who regularly makes videos of himself pranking strangers for nearly 40,000 subscribers of the channel Classified Goons – was reportedly playing a practical joke on a man at a mall in the Washington suburb of Dulles, Virginia, at about midday on Sunday. A friend was recording him when things took an almost deadly turn, according to authorities as well as an interview Cook gave to the local TV station WUSA.

The man, identified as 31-year-old Alan Colie, pulled a gun out and shot Cook in the stomach, investigators allege. Cook, 21, survived the wound and had to undergo surgery after first responders brought him to a hospital in critical condition.

“I was playing a … simple … joke, and this guy didn’t take it very well,” Cook told WUSA from his hospital bed.

A bit suss that he didn't specify what the "prank" was.

Saw a prank video once where the pranksters were running up in robes and shouting "allahu akbar" at random strangers..

A bit suss that he didn't specify what the "prank" was.

Saw a prank video once where the pranksters were running up in robes and shouting "allahu akbar" at random strangers..
Which absolutely wouldn't justify a violent response.

But any kind of physical assault would.

Probably not a violent response involving a weapon, but a punch or kick would certainly be just as a response to (for example) being unexpectedly hit in the face with a 'custard pie' by a random stranger.

Which absolutely wouldn't justify a violent response.
No, but it might explain it. I am not intending to suggest that Mr Colie was in any sense justified in his actions. But it is possible for two people to be terrible simultaneously.

In an interview, Gay said he went to Price Cutter to buy steaks. He told the “good man” who was helping him that they needed to weigh the steaks. However, the meat department was closed. Gay said at that point, he showed his gun “Just to say I’m not stealing. I need you here to help me to get a couple of these steaks. I’m not going to hurt you.”

The officer asked Gay why he thought the people in the store called police and told them he was threatening them with his gun.

“I don’t know,” Gay said in the interview. “I have no idea.”

Almost a minute after the cleaner ran from the pool deck, as seen on video footage shared by the sheriff’s office, the man emptied the magazine of his rifle into the backyard, shooting a total of 30 rounds in about 90 seconds.

“Only the first two rounds were fired when (the cleaner) was on the pool deck,” the sheriff said, “the remaining rounds, he was actually gone.

That's what some folks call 'gun control'.

Back
Top Bottom