• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

I understand that this site is to most here is like getting a vampire to look into a mirror, or waving a crucifix at them. But it does have FACT CHECK.

https://cms.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/04/coronavirus-what-would-joe-biden-do-larry-elder

Many Democrats and much of the media claim that President Donald Trump has mishandled and continues to mishandle the response to the coronavirus pandemic.

But a Johns Hopkins study found the United States is better prepared for a pandemic than any other country. Released in October 2019, the Global Health Security Index examined 195 countries on their preparedness and ability to handle an epidemic or pandemic. It found: "No country is fully prepared for epidemics or pandemics, and every country has important gaps to address."

We went into this in a good position--and then wasted that advantage by sitting there pretending it was a nothing while the problem grew and grew.

No, Trump did not cut funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Among those pushing this untruth is former Vice President Joe Biden, who said, "They've cut the funding for the CDC." Trump proposed a CDC cut, but Congress disagreed. FactCheck.org wrote: "It's misleading at best to claim Trump 'slashed funding,' when his proposals haven't taken effect. For instance, Trump's fiscal 2020 budget proposal would have reduced CDC funding by $750.6 million, compared with what was enacted for fiscal 2019. ... But Congress passed, and Trump signed, a budget that increased CDC funding by $420 million."

His attempt to slash funding shows how he feels about it.

And the pandemic response unit is gone.

This whole thing is getting fishy now. There's a new "#filmyourhospital" and many of the videos show the hospitals as being ghost towns, not "overrun with patients in chaos." Even the NYC hospitals show tons of ambulances parked and not doing anything. There's no warzone atmosphere at any of these hospitals where people film.

Some people even went to the testing sites and they have a tent up just for show with nothing underneath them.

CBS even put up a video of a hospital in Italy and said it was "a hospital in NYC" to fear monger. They were caught lying.

This is getting very strange now...

Looking at that--I see a guy walking around in a facility with nobody around, everything pristine, no medical supplies to be seen. That looks to me like something that's still being set up. No surprise, they know the numbers are still going up.

Next video, things outside look dead. Of course--visitors aren't allowed, the traffic volume is going to be way down.

They also seem to be saying that because it's not a ton of ambulances that there must not be an issue--nope, you can get to the hospital by other means. Acute trauma, you're probably going by ambulance. Something that develops more slowly you very well might not. I was in the ER nearly two years ago--taxi, not ambulance, I walked in under my own power. (Went to the quick care, they confirmed the kidney stone I suspected and sent me down the street to the ER as they weren't able to deal with it.) I suspect a lot of the Covid-19 patients are this way, also--it gets bad enough, someone drives them to the ER.

The people posting this crap are trying to get people killed.

Yes, so this means the hospitals are not "chaotic warzones" as the media said they were.

So, they lied to us. What they should've said was, "Hospitals are ghost towns these days. Not much going on due to the virus."

Why the fear mongering using phrases such as "chaotic warzones?"

You utterly flopped this one, want to try again? Nothing you have presented addresses what's going on inside operating hospitals.

Correct. I don't know anyone claiming it's all Trump's fault.

It appears to be a certainty though that Trump has made it worse, not better, by his science denials, delays, lying and overall complete incompetence and massive screwups.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...ities-are-sharing-misleading-post-about-trum/

According to the actual facts, the pandemic team quit on their own. Trump never fired them. That's media lies.

Note that your link doesn't say what you think it says.

It's questioning the word "fired", it does not say they quit! Furthermore, if they had quit why weren't new people hired? When everyone "quits" and is not replaced it's clear management wanted them gone, whatever the exact sequence of events was.

Trump's response was better than most of the media gives him credit for. He shut down Chinese entry into America while they were whining about it being racist and xenophobe a full week after in fact the borders were shut.

Nope. He didn't shut down Chinese entry into the US. He shut down flights that had basically already shut down--taking credit for something he had nothing to do with. The borders were never shut--nor is there any reason to shut them unless you are being very aggressive about stomping it out in the country. Shut borders without major stomping is a political exercise, not a public health exercise.

Starting Sunday, U.S. citizens who have traveled to China in the last 14 days will be flown to one of eight U.S. airports for extra screening. U.S. citizens who have been in Hubei province, where the outbreak began, will undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine. Experts say the incubation period for the coronavirus is 14 days.

Most non-U.S. Citizens who have traveled to China within the last two weeks will not be allowed to enter the U.S., except for immediate family members of U.S. citizens, permanent residents and flight crews

The screening was a joke.

Yes, that's where I found all the comments of people saying that Beau doesn't know what he's talking about and he's an establishment shill. Have you read the comments? Tons calling him out.

He also doesn't understand that the media said the hospitals are OVERRUN LIKE WARZONES. Media never said they were ghost towns. THE PEOPLE found out they were ghost towns when they went to film the hospitals expecting to see chaos like warzones.

What I'm seeing from that hashtag is almost all the outside of hospitals, generally the emergency entrance. That says nothing about what they are like inside. The normal traffic volume will be way down because there are no visitors and no traffic associated with elective procedures.

IMG_4969.JPG

Nope, there's his own words. Nothing to worry about.

But, Trump should've known more than Fauci??

Do you even watch your own clips?

The host said "no need to worry, right?" and Fauci demurred: "well, obviously we need to take it seriously". This on the day a public health emergency was declared. And you want to equate that with Trump's oblivious indifference? Delusional.

I can't believe people are still responding to those nonsensical (or trolling) posts.

Yeah, busted. I rarely if ever respond to HL, but I couldn't let that shit about Fauci pass.

Yes, that's where I found all the comments of people saying that Beau doesn't know what he's talking about and he's an establishment shill. Have you read the comments? Tons calling him out.

He also doesn't understand that the media said the hospitals are OVERRUN LIKE WARZONES. Media never said they were ghost towns. THE PEOPLE found out they were ghost towns when they went to film the hospitals expecting to see chaos like warzones.

What I'm seeing from that hashtag is almost all the outside of hospitals, generally the emergency entrance. That says nothing about what they are like inside. The normal traffic volume will be way down because there are no visitors and no traffic associated with elective procedures.

View attachment 27031

They’re acting as if this were a 9/11-type disaster, with thousands of people showing up for treatment at the same time. They’re idiots.

View attachment 27031

So, where's all the reported deaths from people with life threatening conditions that are NOT coronavirus related?

So, where's all the reported deaths from people with life threatening conditions that are NOT coronavirus related?

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you saying because you haven't seen in the media a story about someone dying in a hospital unrelated to coronavirus there is a conspiracy? Do you really need an explanation on how fucking stupid that sounds?

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you saying because you haven't seen in the media a story about someone dying in a hospital unrelated to coronavirus there is a conspiracy? Do you really need an explanation on how fucking stupid that sounds?

We're being told that the hospitals are only for corona now. So, what happened to all the people who need life saving surgeries and can't get them, then? Souldn't the deaths be skyrocketing due to those?

We're being told that the hospitals are only for corona now. So, what happened to all the people who need life saving surgeries and can't get them, then? Souldn't the deaths be skyrocketing due to those?

You're absolutely right. Gun shot victims and people requiring life threatening surgery are being turned away and are being forced to stay at home.

For.
Fucks
Sake.

You're absolutely right. Gun shot victims and people requiring life threatening surgery are being turned away and are being forced to stay at home.

For.
Fucks
Sake.

So, hospitals should not be ghost towns, then?

You're flip flopping now.

For.
Fucks
Sake.

You really did not understand the responses to that claim, did you?

For.
Fucks
Sake.

Nope, but I'm sorry you can only think in either/or scenarios. You're going to be completely wrong a lot of times in your life.

Nope, but I'm sorry you can only think in either/or scenarios. You're going to be completely wrong a lot of times in your life.

People's appendix burst every day. People's kidneys shut down every day. People get involved in deadly house accidents every day.

Between all these and the cases of corona, the hospitals really should be chaotic warzones. Yet, they are not. A lot of them you could paste a tumbleweed into the picture.

People's appendix burst every day. People's kidneys shut down every day. People get involved in deadly house accidents every day.

Between all these and the cases of corona, the hospitals really should be chaotic warzones. Yet, they are not. A lot of them you could paste a tumbleweed into the picture.

Ah, now I see what the problem is! You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. That makes it easier.

You are arguing under the misconception that hospitals are one big emergency ward, presumably because you watch too much fucking TV and think that's how the world works. Hospitals, especially in the US, are profits centres - they have to be to function. That means most of the services they provide are non-essential like elective surgery. Having non essential people in a hospital during a pandemic is fucking idiotic. That's why the visitor's car park is empty. What it doesn't mean there should be people bleeding on the floor or whatever you fantasize should happen in a situation like this. Hospitals don't shut down their profit centres for shits and giggles.

Let's flip this around because I'm really curious what explanation you think makes more sense - why do you there is footage of empty hospitals? Walk the steps through for me. And if you are reluctant to, I suspect it's because you know the narrative you are trying to peddle is bullshit.

Ah, now I see what the problem is! You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. That makes it easier.

You are arguing under the misconception that hospitals are one big emergency ward, presumably because you watch too much fucking TV and think that's how the world works. Hospitals, especially in the US, are profits centres - they have to be to function. That means most of the services they provide are non-essential like elective surgery. Having non essential people in a hospital during a pandemic is fucking idiotic. That's why the visitor's car park is empty. What it doesn't mean there should be people bleeding on the floor or whatever you fantasize should happen in a situation like this. Hospitals don't shut down their profit centres for shits and giggles.

Let's flip this around because I'm really curious what explanation you think makes more sense - why do you there is footage of empty hospitals? Walk the steps through for me. And if you are reluctant to, I suspect it's because you know the narrative you are trying to peddle is bullshit.

A lot of people think the hospitals are being paid off by the elites to fear monger a pandemic. This would give them a reason to shut the country down every flu season and we wont give it a second thought.

Similar to the climate change scam to try to get us to pay a carbon tax while the elites still live in their mansions using more energy in a month than the average person uses in over a year.

A lot of people think the hospitals are being paid off by the elites to fear monger a pandemic. This would give them a reason to shut the country down every flu season and we wont give it a second thought.

Similar to the climate change scam to try to get us to pay a carbon tax while the elites still live in their mansions using more energy in a month than the average person uses in over a year.

What do you think. You. Not "a lot of people think". Not "some people say". Why do you think there are videos of hospitals being empty? What do you have to lose?

What do you think. You. Not "a lot of people think". Not "some people say". Why do you think there are videos of hospitals being empty? What do you have to lose?

The fear mongering explanation seems to be the best explanation available right now.

Sure, the virus is real, but the fear mongering around it seems very fishy. Hospitals are not chaotic warzones like the media says. Thus, they lied. Why? To spread fear. Just like when CBS was caught using Italy's hospitals and said it was a NYC hospital to spread fear. When caught they said, "Opps! Just a mistake!" Yeah, a big mistake alright. Makes you wonder how much else they lie about without being caught. You would think in a real pandemic, they would quadruple check their facts before airing something like that. But, if it's just meant to fear monger, then it's easy to see why they did it. They would have to know, "If we do something like this, people will think it's all a big conspiracy to promote fear." Why would they risk that chance if it's perfectly real threat?

It sounds much worse to say "Hospitals are chaotic warzones!!!" than it is to say, "Hospitals are pretty much quiet these days." Gets the people all riled up into a frenzy when the media goes bonkers.

Back
Top Bottom