• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter likely to take idiots offer to buy them for $43 billion

What Elon Musk Is Doing to Twitter Is What He Did at Tesla and SpaceX - The New York Times
Firing people. Talking of bankruptcy. Telling workers to be “hard core.” Mr. Musk has repeatedly used those tactics at many of his companies.

Elon Musk was sleeping at the office. He dismissed employees and executives at will. And he lamented his company was on the verge of bankruptcy.

That was back in 2018 and the company was Tesla, as Mr. Musk’s electric automaker struggled to build its mass-market vehicle, the Model 3.

“It was excruciating,” he told The New York Times at the time. “There were times when I didn’t leave the factory for three or four days — days when I didn’t go outside.”

... Over the years, Mr. Musk has developed a playbook for managing his companies — including Tesla and the rocket manufacturer SpaceX — through periods of pain, employing shock treatment and alarmism and pushing his workers and himself to put aside their families and friends to spend all their energy on his mission.
That's the American way of doing business - the "slaves and masters" approach, in which you increase productivity by making exemplary punishments, and scaring the survivors into giving their entire life to your business, abandoning any of their own desires, wants or needs, including but not limited to their families and friends, in favour of working more and more hours.

In the civilised world, employers are constrained by law to give workers at least some kind of a life outside of work. This leads to fractionally lower economic growth, but this is offset by the fact that workers (and not just bosses) are able to share in the lifestyle improvements that are enabled by that growth. Fucking commies.

View attachment 41204

Elon deleted this tweet. I wonder why?

Musk is weirdly desperate for Trump to tweet, presumably he's hoping for lots of clicks. Trump is probably holding out for a quid pro quo. Or maybe he lost his password in one of those boxes of classified documents.
How hard is it for Trump to remember his password? He's got 5 choices; person, man, woman, camera, TV.
You don't think his password is "Trump" or some variation thereof? He has narcissistic personality disorder, you know it's going to be about him somehow.
MAGA2020!

Under Elon Musk’s new direction for Twitter, several anti-vaccine accounts with tens of thousands of followers are now verified by paying $7.99 a month for Twitter Blue...But “now it looks like Twitter’s giving these accounts some legitimacy”, said Peter Hotez, a vaccine scientist and dean of tropical medicine at Baylor College of Medicine."

Another problem is that this crowd is savvy enough to avoid algorithms that look for key words. "“I [Tiago Henrique Fernandes] basically train the members to … get away from that kind of language and get more into undercover, what I call ‘carnival talk’ – that way the algorithms can’t figure it out,” he said. Group members often refer to the vaccines as food – “cookie”, “peaches”, “cheeseburger” – or use purposeful misspellings, especially for purported side-effects like seizures (“see jures”) or cancer (“can sir”)."

I'm surprised that hit piece didn't mention him draft dodging by moving from South Africa to Canada when he was 17 years old.

Musk was whining about the Apple tax. As if he was completely unaware that it existed prior to buying the company. Or how engrained Apple and Twitter actually are.

Musk was whining about the Apple tax. As if he was completely unaware that it existed prior to buying the company. Or how engrained Apple and Twitter actually are.

Not just that. He claims at least that Apple is threatening to remove the Twitter App from the Apple store and has pulled most or all of its advertising. So instead of trying to find a way to fix things up he throws a tantrum.

I'm no fan of Apple but they have pulled Apps that lead to content that violates their terms of service before and that's fine with me. Musk appears to be doing all the right things if he wants Twitter to be a shit hole and Apple is responding.

Let's see...
  • Women must be disappointed when learning his "big gun in his bed" wasn't a metaphor.
  • 4 Diet Cokes?! In his bedroom? He spends that much time in his bedroom?
  • Dude, it is called a fucking coaster!
  • Man, that is a big container of lube!
  • Apparently some people will like anything.
    • If I posted a pick of my bedside table the response from the Interwebs would be "Who gives a fuck?!"

Elon: Pay a fee to access features of your Tesla Vehicle or pay a lump sum of $2000 to $15,000.
Elon: Pay a fee for a blue check mark next to your name on Twitter
Elon: Screw Apple's fees!

Why the hate for Elon Musk? Seems he wants Twitter to be more equitable to all ideas and thought. If you dont like what someone says, confront them. Debate them. Dont just cancel them. That is authoritarianism. "I dont like what you say, so you cant say it."

The "woke" HATE free debate. They (if this is not you) only want to hear what you want to hear. How boring. How authoritarian. How Leninist of you. The "woke" fear free debate like a baby in the darkness. Just cancel everyone.

Why the hate for Elon Musk? Seems he wants Twitter to be more equitable to all ideas and thought. If you dont like what someone says, confront them. Debate them. Dont just cancel them. That is authoritarianism. "I dont like what you say, so you cant say it."

The "woke" HATE free debate. They (if this is not you) only want to hear what you want to hear. How boring. How authoritarian. How Leninist of you. The "woke" fear free debate like a baby in the darkness. Just cancel everyone.
I don’t think the issues are necessarily with his desires for free speech but more with his apparently disastrous business acumen and inept handling of the company that has resulted in the firing or resignations of a great majority of the company after he took over.

If his goal is to turn Twitter into a bastion of free speech why basically run the company into the ditch and possibly end up on bankruptcy? Why trash his own reputation in the process?

Why the hate for Elon Musk? Seems he wants Twitter to be more equitable to all ideas and thought.
Yeah... and there were probably hundreds of thousands of accounts belonging to conservatives on Twitter. So, his attempt to create equity where it didn't exist didn't take much effort because it was a made up problem.
If you dont like what someone says, confront them. Debate them. Dont just cancel them. That is authoritarianism. "I dont like what you say, so you cant say it."
That's right! We are supposed to confront them!!!

But when people do, then people ask "Why the hate for Elon Musk?" :rolleyes:
The "woke" HATE free debate.
Gotta love the "woke". "The woke" are the greatest strawman army ever assembled.
They (if this is not you) only want to hear what you want to hear. How boring. How authoritarian. How Leninist of you. The "woke" fear free debate like a baby in the darkness. Just cancel everyone.
I think the issue with Musk is, if you can manage any potential negative talk of him... don't want to trigger you... is he had wealth to begin with, struck it rich with Paypal. Managed to make Tesla work, and he was considered a business genius. But... it looks like Tesla might have been simply a cash burn proposal, and his actual ideas are actually pretty bad.

His Boring Company kind of evaporated, where he managed to take the concept of a tunnel and make it a lot less efficient for public transportation. His hyperloop was 1930s era sci-fi nonsense. Yes, SpaceX is working, but again, his vision of going to Mars is ridiculous. But SpaceX at least has seen benefits... until their first passengers die. Also, he had this idea of using rockets to fly people around the world, which is pretty stupid. Musk got richer by already being rich, had a couple ideas, and a lot more bad ones. Like really bad. His gigabatteries are ridiculous!

And Twitter is exposing just how potentially clueless he actually might be, potentially indicating that the success of Tesla and SpaceX is quite possibly built off the backs of many other people he has or hasn't yet fired, and he merely bankrolled the deal.

Why the hate for Elon Musk? Seems he wants Twitter to be more equitable to all ideas and thought.
Mockery is not the same thing as hate. Elon is a clown who is over his head and doesn’t realize it. It’s comical, not hate-worthy. His incompetence is not making the platform more equitable, just more of a mess.
If you dont like what someone says, confront them. Debate them. Dont just cancel them. That is authoritarianism. "I dont like what you say, so you cant say it."

That doesn’t apply inside the confines of Twitland. People are cancelled just for looking funny at the Clown King - god forfend that they actually SAY anything about him.
The "woke" HATE free debate.
Damn, I am SO glad I’ve never encountered anyone (except Trump) who is overtly against free debate. But there is now a Republican Party vowing to refuse to debate, period, let alone “free” debate.
Don't you wonder how they got so “woke”?

Cool story bro.

Back
Top Bottom